What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deshaun Watson Torn ACL per Sleeperbot - seemingly confirmed (1 Viewer)

Field turf isn't doing these guys any favors. Seems like a lot more non-contact ACL injuries. Guys cut, foot sticks...

Man I thought I was on easy street with Watson. Been on a win strak since I got him off waivers.  WW was completly junk , Huntley, Brisset etc so forced to trade my backup TE Rudolph for M Marriotta (Have Kelce) . BEst I can do to salvage the season.

Field Turf should be banned but apparently this happened on grass. It is also the 2nd time Watson has torn an ACL. Some guys are just more injury prone than others and I guess he might start wearing that tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noooooooooooooo we finally get a QB in Houston. No JJ and no Watson? Who did the Texans piss off?
You just won the World Series though... I take 2017 as a win for Houston. A title and you have found your franchise qb. The future is bright in Houston.  Now go celebrate the Astros!

Predraft, Watson caught my eye because some compared him to Mariota.

Mariota was rehabbing in Hawaii, at the time, from a broken leg.

Peter King? Someone wrote an article about Mariota training in the water. The techniques were so impressive that 11 (IIRC 11) NFL teams contracted with the facility for future physical rehab. Andre Johnson was pictured with some Texan visiting Mariota at the facility. (I've searched and searched and can't find it. It's driven me nuts. I can picture it but...) 

During the Texans-Titans game and week, it was a discussion of the two promising young QBs

Now Watson tears his ACL and I can't help but wonder if the Texans were one of those 11 teams and he'll be off to Hawaii in a month or two to start that rehab

Not that long ago this was a 12 month+ injury, with an iffy recovery ratio

Now it's 8-9 months, fully go at beginning of season, possibly some reps in T/C

Now if they could only get some traction on the head injuries

msommer said:
 Not that long ago this was a 12 month+ injury, with an iffy recovery ratio

Now it's 8-9 months, fully go at beginning of season, possibly some reps in T/C

Now if they could only get some traction on the head injuries
Brain damage is permanent. That is something that will be the ultimate demise of the sport of football.  

Today, the 3rd of November in this the two thousand and seventeenth year of our Lord.....is Watson a top 5 dynasty QB?

gradin123 said:
Field Turf should be banned but apparently this happened on grass. It is also the 2nd time Watson has torn an ACL. Some guys are just more injury prone than others and I guess he might start wearing that tag.
Yes they are. When you tear an ACL with no contact, you got some weak tendons.....Danario Alexander.

This killed any chances of my team making a run to a title. Not only am I losing my #1 QB, but Will Fuller who was looking like he could make up for the lost points when OBJ went down for me. Saying I am bummed and not excited for FF rest of the way is an understatement. Ok, I'm getting off the therapist's couch...

Users who are viewing this thread