Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
OU#1

Baker Mayfield - Still has more Swag than OBJ and Jarvis combined!

21 hours ago, huthut said:

If her name was playbook he could just say he was listening to his coaches. 

This girl is unattractive and trashy too.  Just looking to get famous off S’ing some D. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

This girl is unattractive and trashy too.  Just looking to get famous off S’ing some D. 

She isn't very smart.  She could have easily been raped and murdered.  Meeting someone by yourself in a rear parking lot, leaving your phone behind and getting into a van with tinted windows is beyond stupid.

47 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

She isn't very smart.  She could have easily been raped and murdered.  Meeting someone by yourself in a rear parking lot, leaving your phone behind and getting into a van with tinted windows is beyond stupid.

Okay...sure...but if there was candy in the van?  I mean, that's gotta be okay, right?

Browns OC Alex Van Pelt said he will be changing Baker Mayfield's footwork this offseason.

One specific change will be in his three-step drops in shotgun. Mayfield currently has his right foot in front, but the new offensive coordinator believes that made his footwork problematic while dropping back, which would then lead to some accuracy issues. There will be other changes to his game and the offense as a whole with the new coaching staff, and we're here for it all. Mayfield regressed in 2019 but has the potential to be a bounce back candidate with his talented supporting cast and new environment in 2020. Ultimately, his ability to react to pressure will determine how his next season goes. Mayfield is a QB2 in early fantasy drafts.

SOURCE: Jake Trotter on Twitter

Feb 19, 2020, 12:35 PM ET

From just about every angle I hate the idea of a professional qb changing their footwork.  By the time you're a starter in college this should be a non-issue.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

From just about every angle I hate the idea of a professional qb changing their footwork.  By the time you're a starter in college this should be a non-issue.

Exactly what I thought. Oof. Though to be fair, it did look like he needed footwork changes last year. So maybe this is what's called for. I just don't like it, that's all. 

• Like 2

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Browns QB Baker Mayfield plans to be slimmer and faster in 2020.

Rapoport added that Mayfield, "Put on some weight last year to bulk up and lost some quickness." The former No. 1 overall pick weighed in at the 2018 combine at 215 pounds. Mayfield did struggle to make his way out of the pocket in 2019, limiting some of his lethal improvisational play. Still, this is the type of news that is common in the offseason. Mayfield will ultimately need to show major signs of improvement on the football field in 2020 in order to get his career back on track.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Feb 26, 2020, 9:15 AM ET

• Laughing 1

On 2/26/2020 at 6:38 AM, Faust said:

slimmer

:thumbup: There ya go, fella. That paunch did you no favors athletically last year.  

I know its probably hard to get an unbiased opinion from a Browns thread full of diehard fans, but does anyone think Baker Mayfield will ever be an elite (top 5) fantasy QB? I don't doubt he can bounce back and be a very good NFL QB, but will that translate to fantasy you think? 

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I know its probably hard to get an unbiased opinion from a Browns thread full of diehard fans, but does anyone think Baker Mayfield will ever be an elite (top 5) fantasy QB? I don't doubt he can bounce back and be a very good NFL QB, but will that translate to fantasy you think? 

Top-5 is a tall order.  While he progressed as a professional last year, it certainly didn't show up in his FF stats.  On the other hand, I like where they appear to be heading with him.  They promise to improve his mechanics and tailor the offense to him.  His stats will improve without a doubt, IMO.  Still, I don't think we'll ever see elite, HOF level, which I equate to top-5.

12 hours ago, daveR said:

Top-5 is a tall order.  While he progressed as a professional last year, it certainly didn't show up in his FF stats.  On the other hand, I like where they appear to be heading with him.  They promise to improve his mechanics and tailor the offense to him.  His stats will improve without a doubt, IMO.  Still, I don't think we'll ever see elite, HOF level, which I equate to top-5.

Well said.  Top 5 might be a reach unless things really start to click, but I see Top 10 as a strong potential.  The talent is there in the offense, and they brought in the coaches who (on paper) appear to be able to capitalize on it.  It might take 1 year of working out the kinks, but I think they can make significant improvements on Offense.  The OL is my only concern.  While I am a Baker owner....  but I did not put all my eggs in 1 basket.  Blind faith will only get you so far.... 

On 3/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, ffmail4me said:

Not an every year top 5 type. If he's a 2 and 3 contract qb then he will have some top 5 seasons though. This year's draft will be telling, but I'd put 2022 on your radar. That's the year after Chubb expires and if these guys are still calling the shots then I'd be surprised if he is retained.