What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Titans Uniforms (1 Viewer)

How do you feel

• Yes! I will buy this immediately!

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Meh. I'll keep my McNair jersey

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I wouldn't buy that to swaddle a freezing baby

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
I think it is an improvement which isn't saying much. Their entire logo and color scheme is about the most boring in the league. 

Step down, IMO. 

The grey square at the back is just odd and the alternate robin egg baby blues are atrocious. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilov80s said:
I think it is an improvement which isn't saying much. Their entire logo and color scheme is about the most boring in the league. 
I can only assume by this statement that you don't consider Cleveland to be an actual NFL franchise.

I can only assume by this statement that you don't consider Cleveland to be an actual NFL franchise.
LOL    I did say "about". Actually, I like the 2000s Browns look. On it's face, it's dull. Dull colors, no logo on the helmet, etc. The uniqueness of it more than made up for it's lack of splash. The Titans look just lacks any personality, it's how I would expect a generic team in a movie about a fake pro football league would look. 

LOL    I did say "about". Actually, I like the 2000s Browns look. On it's face, it's dull. Dull colors, no logo on the helmet, etc. The uniqueness of it more than made up for it's lack of splash. The Titans look just lacks any personality, it's how I would expect a generic team in a movie about a fake pro football league would look. 
Agree on both counts. That's pretty much the perfect description of the Titans, and the Browns did about as well as you can do based on their color scheme (which, you'll notice, did not actually include any brown).

I do think, though, that Cleveland benefited from the same nostalgia as all longtime franchises that have stuck with a consistent look. If the Packers hear never existed and you launched an expansion franchise tomorrow with their logo and color scheme, you would get a far less positive response. Steelers and Bears have similarly iconic looks (although Pittsburgh's unis would look cool no matter when they launched)

Sure, but you could say that about most teams. The ones that stand out IMO, for different reasons, are the Steelers, Seahawks, dolphins, chargers, Patriots, and Packers. Some look better to us because their history is deeper.  (Might need to do a poll here about best uniforms?)

I'll agree about the numbers not looking right. 

Its offseason fodder for talk I guess.......once the games begin, I wouldn't think twice about it, they seem fine to me, just different.

Only so many optimal color schemes exist in nature.

Users who are viewing this thread