What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who have you already bailed on? (1 Viewer)

Just traded Kershaw for Correa. In these Yahoo 12-teamers, SP much easier to find than MI

Edit to add: this was an autodraft team I missed because of alcohol.

List of autopicks I've dumped or traded (Kershaw)

Wilson Ramos

Matt Carpenter

Duffy

Gray

Claudio

Cozart

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes his career made it a hard decision, but I like Manea, Ross, Ryu and V Vasquez better at this point and they were all free on the WW

eta- this is a 12 team roto league and I imagine there's a decent chance he'll still be around if he starts picking it up
You can’t like Ryu more than Hendricks. I’m sorry that’s just wrong. 

cosjobs said:
12 team league. I got all those guys on the WW. They are not there now. With them on my roster I felt comfortable dropping Hendricks. I also got Bettis, Rodriguez (BOS) and Lopez (CWS) on WW in various leagues. Its been a cornucopia of SPs this season
Regression to the mean will always bite you in the ###.

cosjobs said:
12 team league. I got all those guys on the WW. They are not there now. With them on my roster I felt comfortable dropping Hendricks. I also got Bettis, Rodriguez (BOS) and Lopez (CWS) on WW in various leagues. Its been a cornucopia of SPs this season
Hendricks is going to be worth so much more than those guys over 162 games  :loco:

Hendricks is going to be worth so much more than those guys over 162 games  :loco:
Yup Hendricks has a much more proven track record than all of them.  All of them have major concerns of their own.  Hendricks is just an underrated, consistent starter who plays for a team that will likely get him a lot of wins.  I would never even think of dropping him after 22 innings (or whatever it is he's pitched in the early part of the season).  

Getting close to giving up on Jay Bruce in a league I've owned him for most of his career.  He'll likely turn it around at some point but if he's not providing power, he's almost useless. 

Zack Cozart also on notice. 

Jason Kipnis.........how patient should I be here?  Love him, but come on.
I don't own anywhere but he looks like he did last year, which is not very good.  His K's are up, his BABIP has regressed from his peak years, and he's hitting the ball in the air more than ever.  I think all his injuries have sapped his upside. 

so everyone is against dropping Hendricks (which I agree with)... how do we feel about Sonny Gray? Any reasons to be optimistic?

so everyone is against dropping Hendricks (which I agree with)... how do we feel about Sonny Gray? Any reasons to be optimistic?
He's a must bench right now IMO but I'm not dropping yet.

He's going curve ball crazy. Throwing it twice as much as he ever has (31% vs. 15%) and using cutter more too. No velocity issues with the fastball, so if he can just figure out the pitch mix and go back to the fastball maybe that's all it is?

He's a must bench right now IMO but I'm not dropping yet.

He's going curve ball crazy. Throwing it twice as much as he ever has (31% vs. 15%) and using cutter more too. No velocity issues with the fastball, so if he can just figure out the pitch mix and go back to the fastball maybe that's all it is?
Unfortunately the league I have him in has no bench so if he's on your roster, he's in your lineup. He's paired up with the likes of Yu, Jon Gray and Giolito (who Ive already given up on) so I cant afford to continue taking the beatings. Good to hear there are no velo issues. I'll probably hold for another turn or so since there isnt much on the wire, but sheesh.  :X

Jason Kipnis.........how patient should I be here?  Love him, but come on.
Opened season on a west coast trip.  Returned to the frigid abyss for a week.  Had one warm home game, hit 3-4 with a double.  Then had a weekend full of postponed games.  Followed by a 2 game cameo in Jamaica.  These dudes are creatures of habit, so I think all that is a big reason why most of the Indians haven't been hitting.  

They're starting a home stand today and the weather may finally break for good Thursday.  Some friendly pitching matchups also coming up this weekend.  I'm gonna give him until at least sometime next week, but I think at least some of these guys are about to start hitting.

In my league, Kingery is now eligible to play 2B, SS, 3B and OF.  He would be a wonderful asset for me once they give him that "bench" eligibility      :wall:

I'm ready to pull the plug on Ketel Marte (sorry @Eephus). How does a guy do a swing change designed to generate more loft and see his fly ball percentage drop 15%? He also hasn't attempted a steal all season.

Wacha's the only one outside of the dollar derby/MR speculation - probably a bad thing since I just read it a week ago and can't remember what/where but it was related to BB's and I think related to velocity/declining stuff/potentially hiding an injury.  I could also be making that up.  Memory's going, must be getting old...

3 strikes and he's out for me.  I had Wacha in two leagues, succumbing to the great sleeper hybe and he at least got me a crappy win on his way out the door.  Somebody else can gamble on Fozzy Bear.
:oldunsure:

Michael Wacha has been doing his best Verlander imitation over the past few outings, as he won his fourth consecutive start. He allowed just one earned run, five hits and a walk with eight strikeouts over six innings in a victory against the Mets, lowering his ERA to 3.62. The right-hander continues to go deeper into games, turning in back-to-back quality starts, and he struck out a season-high eight batters on Wednesday.

Guys I gave up on so far

Bradley Zimmer & Mallex Smith (thought these guys would be cheap source of steals late, well, they are just sucking a lineup spot, so they are gone)

Avisail Garcia (saw a nice spring, 27 years old, prime spot in lineup.....NFI how he batted .330 last year, someone else can have him

Guys others have gave up on and I have snapped up hoping for a rebound

Scooter Gennett (not your prototypical clean up hitter, but another guy I saw raking in spring and multiple position eligibility, hoping he heats up as the Shukes turn it around)

Delino Deshields Jr (going for some cheap steals here after the early injury.  crossing fingers)

Guys I gave up on so far

Bradley Zimmer & Mallex Smith (thought these guys would be cheap source of steals late, well, they are just sucking a lineup spot, so they are gone)

Delino Deshields Jr (going for some cheap steals here after the early injury.  crossing fingers)
Hoping a couple guys like this come loose in my leagues. Yes, they're complete black holes in most categories but steals are so hard to come by.

@Doctor Detroit anything to see with Jacoby Jones?

Yep, with Suarez somehow coming back 4 weeks early on a 6 week injury I cut him loose as well.
I just commented on this in the main thread. How is this happening? I dropped shares... with an S.... plural. He was scooped up even before there was talk of the rehab assignment. 

Bought and now dumped Matt Davidson. I rostered him a few years back as a prospect so been watching him, he is what he is at this point I guess :kicksrock:  

I'm ready to pull the plug on Ketel Marte (sorry @Eephus). How does a guy do a swing change designed to generate more loft and see his fly ball percentage drop 15%? He also hasn't attempted a steal all season.
I didn't buy into the post-hype power/speed hype this year so my only share is as my long-term pet project in Serious Biz.

Marte's BABIP should normalize a bit and he'll probably end up with 10 HRs given regular playing time.

The lack of SB is concerning but I think a lot of that is due to Lovullo batting him 2nd.  If Marte steals, that takes the bat out of Goldschmidt's hands.  His early season struggles may help Marte's fantasy value if it gets him dropped down in the order.

The glass is actually half full.  :banned:

Kraft... said:
Bought and now dumped Matt Davidson. I rostered him a few years back as a prospect so been watching him, he is what he is at this point I guess :kicksrock:  
2 dongs tonight 

CHOO CHOO he’s going to out homer Gallo

Stroman has been a disaster so far, 8+ERA, just getting shelled.  Pitching against Texas today, finally decided to bench him.  If he stinks it up again I may just cut him.  Cant waste a roster spot on a guy that only plays every 5-6 days, and when he does he's unstartable. 

wlwiles said:
Stroman has been a disaster so far, 8+ERA, just getting shelled.  Pitching against Texas today, finally decided to bench him.  If he stinks it up again I may just cut him.  Cant waste a roster spot on a guy that only plays every 5-6 days, and when he does he's unstartable. 
He’s a tough one that I’m glad I don’t have to deal with. And back in Feb/March I was trying to trade one of my three 3B keepers (Shaw, Rendon, Devers) for him. Glad it didn’t work out and I kept all three.

Users who are viewing this thread