What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who have you already bailed on? (1 Viewer)

I've dropped Story in favor of Cabrera and Dejong

I've dropped Ryan Zimmerman in favor of Cabrera/Dejong

I dropped Yonder Alonso in favor of Josh Bell

I dropped Choo in favor of Pirela
These pretty shallow leagues? Dejong/Bell were drafted in every league I was in.

Chris Davis

He just looks terrible and he's not able to turn on belt high fastballs anymore.  At least the Orioles aren't paying him much....

Davis will receive a $17 million annual salary from 2016 to 2022 and will receive additional annual payments through 2037, when he will be 51, a source told Olney. There is no interest accrued on the deferrals.

Doctor Detroit said:
Chris Davis

He just looks terrible and he's not able to turn on belt high fastballs anymore.  At least the Orioles aren't paying him much....
Who could have seen this coming :shrug:  

Im thisclose to dumping Domingo Santana.... hated him coming into the season with questionable PT, but felt compelled to keep him because he was cheap... PT hasnt been an issue so far, but he hasnt done anything with it and is the least deserving guy to play if/when everyone is healthy.... someone just dropped Yonder Alsonso.  :shrug:

I've dropped Story in favor of Cabrera and Dejong

I've dropped Ryan Zimmerman in favor of Cabrera/Dejong

I dropped Yonder Alonso in favor of Josh Bell

I dropped Choo in favor of Pirela
I have played Choo for 8 straight games in my Roto.  2-30.  I bench him last night and he produces.       HR-4 runs-2 Ribs    

I have played Choo for 8 straight games in my Roto.  2-30.  I bench him last night and he produces.       HR-4 runs-2 Ribs    
With his injury and facing Shosei, I left Betts 3 HRs on the bench in two leagues (left him in one!!!!)

Good bye to Marcus Stroman.  I can't take it anymore and I have 9 guys on DL, so....he gone.  He don't look right, either.  
I am close to that as well.  He hasn't looked good and is walking way too many (10 walks in 14.2 IP)  Terrible.  Not to mention an ERA near 8 and WHIP near 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Around the 5th inning of today's Rangers / Rays game, I was all set to start trying to sell the name of Cole Hamels. 

Then the 6th happened. 

Around the 5th inning of today's Rangers / Rays game, I was all set to start trying to sell the name of Cole Hamels. 

Then the 6th happened. 
Same, I've been cherry picking starts with him. If you can't put together a decent start against the Rays the future doesn't look bright.  :sadbanana:  Will still hold him for now though  :oldunsure:  

Same, I've been cherry picking starts with him. If you can't put together a decent start against the Rays the future doesn't look bright.  :sadbanana:  Will still hold him for now though  :oldunsure:  
It was all setting up so perfectly in my weekly league. Find some desperate 0-4 / 1-3 team, he's about to come off of back to back decent starts, he's in line for 2 week 5 starts....

so it goes 

Archer and Gray (either one) aren't far off the Hamels/Stroman group in terms of name/trust/stinkiness
Archer’s issue is on the road, and particularly homers on the road. If he were traded out of that division he’d likely be a top 10 pitcher. I don’t think any of the others have nearly that upside, Hamels’ best days are behind him. 

Archer’s issue is on the road, and particularly homers on the road. If he were traded out of that division he’d likely be a top 10 pitcher. I don’t think any of the others have nearly that upside, Hamels’ best days are behind him. 
Stroman and Archer might be my two favourite SPs to watch in the league (non-Ohtani division), but...

In pure fantasy terms, Stroman and Archer have been the same guy the past two years in terms of IP, W, ERA and WHIP. Archer is 29, so I'm not sure how much upside you can say he has left. Both are in the same division that hurts them.

Obviously the huge difference between the two of them is the strikeouts, which are a big tilt in Archers favour. But then Stroman is 3 years younger, so I think it's fair to say he could have some upside left there as well if he puts it together..

I don't want to make it seem like I'm advocating for Stroman in fantasy because I'm not, I just think Archer is overrated as hell for fantasy based on strikeouts and upside. He's always rated as like a top 15 pitcher preseason and then he actually finishes in the 30s or 40s.

Dropped Zimmerman.  Not only is he sucking but he seems to be benched every 3 games for Matt Adams.  No thanks

Someone dropped Quintana in my league. Thought that was a bit panicky.  I picked him up as my end of bench starter

On a totally unrelated note, you probably don't want to look at the Nats boxscore from last night.
even with that monster game, that brings his average up to 161.  hes had one or 2 other decent games.  all on my bench and he would have been on my bench last night too.  he can be someone elses problem

Doctor Detroit said:
Chris Davis

Nothing Jordan Zimmerman can't fix. 

It’s only been 2 starts but I’ve seen enough of Alex Cobb.  Agree with another poster about Domingo Santana.  I guess it should have been a clue for me when the Brewers went out and signed Yelich and Cain.  Still thought he had 20/20 potential even with limited playing time.  

Lomo still looking gross. I will hold as long as I don't have a roster crunch due to injuries but no way am I putting him in my lineup.  :X

Obviously can’t bail on Lindor but he’s been extremely frustrating to own.  I expected huge things from him this year.  It seems like he’s trying to bash a HR every single at bat. 

This week I did a lot of dropping of Colin Moran, Giolito, Tyler O'Neil, Heaney, Barretto

Added numerous shares of G Torres, L Gurriel, Jefrey Marte, Luke Maille, 

Both directions, trending up C Villanueva, P Tucker, Teoscar, Reddick, Mac Willaims

My league has two DL spots...looking at stashing Jimmy Nelson and E. Suarez this weekend.

Consider A Reyes

"

Cardinals' general manager John Mozeliak said Friday that Alex Reyes will begin a minor league rehab assignment in mid-May. Mozeliak also noted that when Reyes does eventually return to the Cardinals, "all arrows point to it being as a starter". The Cardinals have enough confusion in their bullpen at the moment, and Reyes' future remains as a fixture atop the Cardinals' rotation, so this seems to make the most sense for all parties
From 2016 debut

G GS W L   IP  BB  K  ERA  WHIP BAA

12  5  4  1 46.  23  52 1.57  1.22.   201

Hendricks career ERA is 2.99 but I'm sure that 2.05 HR/9 in 22 IP is more representative of who he'll be going forward.
Yes his career made it a hard decision, but I like Manea, Ross, Ryu and V Vasquez better at this point and they were all free on the WW

eta- this is a 12 team roto league and I imagine there's a decent chance he'll still be around if he starts picking it up

Yes his career made it a hard decision, but I like Manea, Ross, Ryu and V Vasquez better at this point and they were all free on the WW
6 team league?

I don't mean to be a jerk just doesn't seem like Hendricks should be dropped or those guys should still be readily available in most leagues.

6 team league?

I don't mean to be a jerk just doesn't seem like Hendricks should be dropped or those guys should still be readily available in most leagues.
12 team league. I got all those guys on the WW. They are not there now. With them on my roster I felt comfortable dropping Hendricks. I also got Bettis, Rodriguez (BOS) and Lopez (CWS) on WW in various leagues. Its been a cornucopia of SPs this season

Users who are viewing this thread