Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TZMarkie

- - Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread (Live discussion) - -

I seriously couldn't remember if we had one of these last year, or if we did, I can't remember posting in it or seeing it.

Regardless, since I didn't see a new one for this year,  I thought it would be a good idea to have a live "post along"  thread like we do for many of the night games in season.

I don't usually get to see the draft live, so tonight will be a refreshing change for me.

I'll be coming back to this thread along the way I'm sure.

(If for some reason there is already another thread like this started specifically for feedback as the draft progresses, MODS feel free to delete this one)

Me - ?

I'm actually looking forward to the Browns being competitive, even though it may be a year or two away.

What you got.............?

TZM

6 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Please, Baby Jesus don't allow Cleveland to draft Baker Mayfield.   Thanks.  

Give it a rest. If he was 6’2 you’d be praying to the same god the Browns would draft him.

2 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

Give it a rest. If he was 6’2 you’d be praying to the same god the Browns would draft him.

Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.  He won't start 16 games in his career.

Mayfield is literally the only realistic way the Browns can completely and utterly blow this Godsend of a draft.

Edited by GawainB

11 minutes ago, GawainB said:

Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.

I agree with all of this. Good thing Mayfield doesn't fit these characteristics.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GawainB said:

Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.  He won't start 16 games in his career.

Mayfield is literally the only realistic way the Browns can completely and utterly blow this Godsend of a draft.

disagree 

Well, Lamar Jackson certainly doesn't sound "prepared".    :ph34r:  LOL.

Love his "Lucky Charms" comment though.

Agree with one of the above posters, this should be pinned for the next day or two.

TZM

33 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

wtf?   what does his height have to do with him playing for a team where dreams go to die? 

40 minutes ago, GawainB said:

Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.

Fortunately, Andy Dalton isn't draft-eligible this year.

Watching all this "pre draft bull####" just reminds me of how every year I actually look forward to this.  (and usually I don't even get to see it)

But then again once it starts, I am reminded of how much actual garbage there is, surrounded by a pick or two here or there.

At least after the next couple of days we can sort out where the better RBs are going to land and we might be able to predict which ones will have better roles this coming season.

TZM

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GawainB said:

The Browns are literally blowing who now?

As we’re just about to begin, please do not reveal picks before they’re announced unless you use spoiler tags. Some of us like the suspense. :hifive:

• Like 2

If the Browns take Mayfield, he'll be another metaphorical log on the bonfire of dogs### quarterbacks that Cleveland has drafted. As a Steelers fan, I'm praying they draft Mayfield and Chubb and not Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Barkley. If they get 2 of the latter 4 players, then they'll be a team to worry about in a couple of years. 

• Like 1

If I was Browns I would draft Darnold and Chubb.  My guess is Browns draft Baker and trade down from 4.  Hope whatever they do we start winning.  The great teams of the 80s I barely remember now a days.  Bernie Bernie to Baker Baker..........

Just now, Evilgrin 72 said:

If the Browns take Mayfield, he'll be another metaphorical log on the bonfire of dogs### quarterbacks that Cleveland has drafted. As a Steelers fan, I'm praying they draft Mayfield and Chubb and not Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Barkley. If they get 2 of the latter 4 players, then they'll be a team to worry about in a couple of years. 

Why Chubb?

when the hell did they start singing the National Anthem for the friggin' draft? i hate to think what is next, singing it at commercial breaks?

• Like 3

Just now, rascal said:

Why Chubb?

He's not Barkley. Not an indictment of Chubb, though I do feel he's slightly overrated. He's a good player though - I'd rather see Cleveland trade out of that spot altogether 

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

If I was Cleveland I'd take Barkley. No brainier imo.

But they wont

Me too. He's a superstar in the right situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, The General said:

On a plane. WiFi sucks. Need your guys help to keep me informed!

Fly Jet Blue. Consider yourself informed. 

Just now, The General said:

Imagine Radio City commish booing, scaled up to stadium size.  It's all you'd hope.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Goodelll getting booed even though he brought out Aikman, Witten and Staubach.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1

Just a little Overkill to turn on a clock.

• Like 2

My prediction for Browns' first round:

1st pick: D-III kicker

4th pick: Traded to another team for a 4th rounder, fifty bucks, and an '87 Camry.

Just now, Zigg said:

Goodell should have embraced the heal role and came out with Simms, Theisman and Jaws.  

So true. And then he should've RKO'd Staubach.

Edited by Native

Just now, McJose said:

My prediction for Browns' first round:

1st pick: D-III kicker

4th pick: Traded to another team for a 4th rounder, fifty bucks, and an '87 Camry.

Would be their best draft in year.

• Like 2

This is the one day each year that I secretly envy Browns fans. Must be fun as hell to speculate on two top 4 picks. 

Steelers have had exactly one top ten pick since the 1980s. Price of success, I guess. 

(Bonus points for any non-Steelers fan that can name that player picked in the top 10.)