What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Barry - HBO (1 Viewer)

I haven't watched last night's ep yet, but I've been watching and enjoying it.

Hader is great in just about everything he does.

I'm in. At first, I thought it was a little clumsy and a little flat. But, the storyline is finding its feet now, and the writers are mining some gold from the character development. Fuchs and Hank talking on the phone like teenage girls was hysterical. And all of the references to the self-help books in the convo between Goran and the Colombian.  :lmao:

I'm in. At first, I thought it was a little clumsy and a little flat. But, the storyline is finding its feet now, and the writers are mining some gold from the character development. Fuchs and Hank talking on the phone like teenage girls was hysterical. And all of the references to the self-help books in the convo between Goran and the Colombian.  :lmao:
“Dey are really very much nice guys” 

:lmao:

Au contraire, they liked it so much they ran it back at the beginning of last night's episode. Plus, the show's Rotten Tomatoes score went up by 11% instantly. That's not coincidence. 
I'm sure this goes without saying, but you noticed the Dimebag poster in Taylor's apartment midway through the episode right?  I got fired up when I saw that, and when they closed with Cowboys from Hell it was icing on the cake.  

I'm sure this goes without saying, but you noticed the Dimebag poster in Taylor's apartment midway through the episode right?  I got fired up when I saw that, and when they closed with Cowboys from Hell it was icing on the cake.  
Yep.  I was sad to see Taylor go.  As one-note characters go, he was pretty fantastic.  "Look what she's doing to that guy's ###hole...."  :lmao:

Hank is one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on a TV show. You never know what's going to come out of his mouth, but I hope it continues to be hilarious and not expected schtick.

"Fine, I'll go tell Barry. Jeez Louise..."

"He cares about his friend. That's just nice."

Stephen Root eating the steak with the bike lock around his neck was brilliant :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is fantastic and I kept meaning to start a thread if only because of Noho Honk.  Best character on TV right now.

Enjoying it so far. Good not great with the potential to be very good. 

I'm getting at least one good laugh each episode.

The acting parts are interesting and Winkler has been better than expected.

Awesome show. Just the right amount of humor and violence. Wasn't paying attention to the time and I thought the finale was going to be lame, and then the couple's went to Fonzi's place. 

Episode 3 or 4 when the girl friend called him after getting made fun of at an audition, he's 30 minutes away, and she's still on the phone bit ching when he gets there.  :lmao: . "You just drove past my house"   :lmao:

You still watching this?

Last night's episode was so freaking randomly awesome. Hader wrote and directed the whole thing himself, apparently. Loved it.

You still watching this?

Last night's episode was so freaking randomly awesome. Hader wrote and directed the whole thing himself, apparently. Loved it.
Yeah, just watched it about one half hour ago.  I haven’t been crazy about this season but that episode was great.

Hader's delivery of "I don't think she's of this world" killed me. So deadpan, so serious. He really meant it but he was also bleeding out and there was the existential crisis going.

I catch this off and on.  Not a huge fan, and not up to date with every story line to be able to debate.

But this last episode was hysterical from start to finish.  

big fan of Noho Hank.  
Me too.  I like several of the characters and the actors. I just can't get into it like I can a Better call Saul, Fargo, and other similarly critically acclaimed black comedies. I really want to love this show.  But instead I feel like I'm on a date with a chick I know is hot and I know check several boxes for me but I just am not in to her. 

Me too.  I like several of the characters and the actors. I just can't get into it like I can a Better call Saul, Fargo, and other similarly critically acclaimed black comedies. I really want to love this show.  But instead I feel like I'm on a date with a chick I know is hot and I know check several boxes for me but I just am not in to her. 
agreed on that - I wouldn't compare it to those shows for how much I like it.  

I like Barry quite a bit, I love those shows.  

Man, I must be the only one that wasn't a fan of the episode with the martial arts guy and daughter.  Martial arts guy by himself would've been fine, but the daughter thing was just too over the top for me.  I know it's a dark comedy and I shouldn't be analyzing it like GOT...but still.   Guess I'll take my shots for it.

This past week was back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread