What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockets looking to move Knight and a 1 for Burks.  

Also would be in on Matthew's if he is bought out. 

If I was Demps I would issue a statement saying "we arent trading a top 5 player not yet in his prime to Los Angeles for any package of players that doesnt include their own top 5 player who is exiting his prime.  Absent that player's inclusion in a deal, the Lakers are welcome to try and sign our under-contract player in July of 2020 when his contract has expired."
If I were Jeanie Buss, I would say I am no longer going to share revenue with the New Orleans Pelicans of the league.

WojBomb take cover!!!!

Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

Sixers sending 2021 and 2023 second-round picks to Clippers, per sources.

Sixers are loading up with a fourth All-Star caliber player in East, Harris; Now Clippers have one of league's most coveted picks -- 2021 Miami 1st -- along with 2020 1st -- to become players in marketplace when star talents want trades to get to LA.

Tobias Harris could be moving toward a maximum-level contract in free agency this summer, something that would've been difficult for Clippers to do with their own free agency aspirations.

The Sixers are budgeting to re-sign and keep a new Big 4, including free agents Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler this summer, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia has long-term plans for Harris, Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons together.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only player involved who isn't a FA after this year is Shamet, who's on a cheap rookie contract.

This is a really disciplined move by the Clips, possibly tanking their playoff chances to get the unprotected Heat pick in 2021, primarily. And Shamet and the Sixers 2020 first round pick (probably in the 20's) secondarily. Really fascinating.

The only player involved who isn't a FA after this year is Shamet, who's on a cheap rookie contract.

This is a really disciplined move by the Clips, possibly tanking their playoff chances to get the unprotected Heat pick in 2021, primarily. And Shamet and the Sixers 2020 first round pick (probably in the 20's) secondarily. Really fascinating.
That’s quite a haul for 30 games of Harris, though I guess the Sixers get his Bird rights too. Makes the western conference playoff chase even more interesting. 

WojBomb take cover!!!!

Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

Sixers are loading up with a fourth All-Star caliber player in East, Harris; Now Clippers have one of league's most coveted picks -- 2021 Miami 1st -- along with 2020 1st -- to become players in marketplace when star talents want trades to get to LA.

Tobias Harris could be moving toward a maximum-level contract in free agency this summer, something that would've been difficult for Clippers to do with their own free agency aspirations.

The Sixers are budgeting to re-sign and keep a new Big 4, including free agents Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler this summer, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia has long-term plans for Harris, Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons together.
ugh, i don't know about this..... hopefully we get better details later. giving up a lot for not what we need. 

and if this is the case, wonder what we do with Jimmy Butler? 

ETA: i'll miss that Miami '21 if this is the case. and looking forward to seeing Boban and Joel on the floor at the same time 🦒

WojBomb take cover!!!!

This is a trade that helps both teams IMO.

76ers get a do-it stretch 4 (since Simmons can shoot) that can push them to the top of a wide open East. Sadly, the 76ers hopes hinge on Butler accepting a lesser role. I don't think the Clips really wanted to max Tobias, bc if you max him, you're team isn't going anywhere in the West if he's your best player. Now LAC gets to chase AD and Kawhi next year or set up for the future with some awesome picks.

Sixers will have the rest of this season to make a title run happen. Not sure how they keep everyone of those main 4 past that when Harris is gonna be asking for a max deal.

Sixers will have the rest of this season to make a title run happen. Not sure how they keep everyone of those main 4 past that when Harris is gonna be asking for a max deal.
Their salary sheet is pretty clean besides Fultz. If the team is worth it, money wouldn’t be a problem.  If they lose in the second round to the Bucks or Raptors? Well, things might get ugly.

Depth is still a problem but I’m sure they will be active on the buyout market.

Bold move certainly. No idea if it will work out long term.

WojBomb take cover!!!!

Wow. 

Couldnt they have gotten Mirotic for much less?  Kind of kills the little depth that the sixers had. What is the second unit now?  Hopefully some buyout candidates who can 3 and D and Fultz and Smith are back and effective soon. 

they better make some great moves to shore up the bench.   
Seriously. They have the mid-level so should get a nice piece in buyout market. And if those two  guys come back healthy, that helps. But they traded their only bench contributors. I guess wait until Friday to judge the roster. 

Sixers get one of the most underrated 4's in the league that is only 26, a legit backup to Embiid, the head honcho of The Office and gave up the unprotected Miami first and Shamet. Yes please

I think this trade is as clear a signal as could be that they've given up on Fultz

This trade only makes sense if they can sign those guys long term, otherwise it's giving up way too much
Also clearly they are going for it this year and Fultz doesn’t help them at all. Ross is a big addition to a weak bench. 

Personally I don’t want Fultz at all, but it doesn’t really matter what the Magic do. 

modogg said:
Lakers made their trade:

Shams Charania✔@ShamsCharania

Sources: The Lakers are trading guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a draft pick to Detroit for guard Reggie Bullock. Deal is expected to be completed Wednesday.
I don't understand this trade for the Pistons.

So I haven't watched many Clipper games. How is Tobias Harris at defense on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being Draymond and 1 being Harden. 

So I haven't watched many Clipper games. How is Tobias Harris at defense on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being Draymond and 1 being Harden. 
Toby is good at whatever you ask him for, more or less. 7 anyway. But it took him 8 yrs hard work to be Top Dog somewheres. How much appeal is cleaning up after 3 trashheads gonna have for him after that? Especially since all the coordinating he's gonna get from the bench is "go out there & do stuff".

wtf, just woke up and see this Harris trade.  Seems really dumb for the sixers is my initial reaction, but maybe i am not processing it right yet.  seems like a ton to give up.
luckily caught before I slept. all in all I think I like it. Our boys on the Right to Ricky Sanchez capture it pretty good. I do love me some Shamet and that '21 Mia pick, but sending out Muscola and Chandler are both positive for the Sixers. Thobias fits that 4 significantly better than both. it is a play more for now though than the long play.

you have to cash your assets in at some point (hint, hint Ainge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread