What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that rockets roster is in pretty good shape now when all healthy.  top 7 is solid, with nene, rivers and faried to help round it out (in the regular season at least).

and they can get out of the tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
really surprised there hasn't been more talk of a 3rd team with the LA-NO trade. you would think Lakers would reach out to the league and try to get more of what Pels want. i mean, Suns bent over early in the season already to give the Lakers Chandler, is there nothing they could do to offload some guys for different assets.

i guess Magic is a better face for the camera than an actual GM?

i don't understand what the suns are doing with that deal.  they are taking back more money.  I guess they think that johnson will help them next year, but i'm not sure how true that is.

I thought you mentioned the possibility of letting Harris and Jimmy walk and signing a different max free agent instead. Maybe I misunderstood.
That's an option. If they felt it didn't work out with Butler and Harris, they're not locked into either right now. If they do like them, then they have a leg up on everyone else to resign them.

i don't understand what the suns are doing with that deal.  they are taking back more money.  I guess they think that johnson will help them next year, but i'm not sure how true that is.
they knew i recently picked up Tyler Johnson in fantasy so they threw me a bone  :shrug:

Can anyone explain the Porter for Parker/Portis trade to me like I don't follow the NBA until mid-April?
Porter is a bad contract but the Bulls wanted to get rid of Parker. Bobby Portis essentially lost his PF spot to Markanen who they drafted with swapping first with Minny, Portis is just too good to sit on the bench in Chicago. Porter might be the best player CHI can get and they won't most likely get anyone better in FA during the offseason at least. Parker was also playing out of position in CHI. 

really surprised there hasn't been more talk of a 3rd team with the LA-NO trade. you would think Lakers would reach out to the league and try to get more of what Pels want. i mean, Suns bent over early in the season already to give the Lakers Chandler, is there nothing they could do to offload some guys for different assets.

i guess Magic is a better face for the camera than an actual GM?
Maybe GM's are smarting up and not wanting to Help a LeBron team out anymore. Make LAL if they want their guy as tough as can be for them to get him. 

How about...

Davis and Wall to the Knicks

Knicks 1 and Beal to NOLA

Pelicans pick, Knox, and DSj to Washington.

- who says no? 

Porter is overpaid but hes not a bad player.  No one better than him is signing with the Bulls as a FA.  I like the trade for both teams.
I don't disagree with your first two sentences, I just don't see the logic of acquiring him. Either he's clogging up cap space for a better player or he's helping win a few more games for the next couple seasons to worsen their draft pick. And frankly, he's not that much better than Portis. No upside to the trade.

Can anyone explain the Porter for Parker/Portis trade to me like I don't follow the NBA until mid-April?
Also forgot to mention but Bobby Portis is a restricted FA this coming off season. His people and CHI FO are very far apart on contract and the Bulls can't feasible talk themselves or the fans paying what Portis camp wants to a guy who's gonna be backing up Markanen off the bench. Portis would be a luxury that the Bulls just can't afford. He's not a terrible player but not worth what his camp thinks his value is. 

You can't give Wall away.  Would have to attach multiple first rounders.  That probably isnt enough either.
Wall is now the worst contract in the NBA and very possibly the worst contract of all time. The dude has 4/170 on his contract AFTER this year. He's out all or most of next season and when he returns in 2020 he is going to be 30 years old with what would have been already declining athleticism. It's not out of the question that he returns in 1.5 years as a replacement level point guard, very best case is a league average starting PG in moderate to heavy decline.

Wall is now the worst contract in the NBA and very possibly the worst contract of all time. The dude has 4/170 on his contract AFTER this year. He's out all or most of next season and when he returns in 2020 he is going to be 30 years old with what would have been already declining athleticism. It's not out of the question that he returns in 1.5 years as a replacement level point guard, very best case is a league average starting PG in moderate to heavy decline.
Doubt teams would take Wall even if you attached Beal.

Magic and Rob Pelinka have completely botched this trade deadline.  Absolutely brutal how they have managed to alienate their entire roster and likely end up with nothing more than Reggie ####### Bullock when the deadline passes.  

When healthy, this Laker squad was 4th/5th in the West while still getting to know each other earlier this season.  Now morale is gone and the idea of team chemistry and sacrifice is a ####### joke.  Jeannie Buss should fire Magic and Rob both.  Just insane how unprofessional they have handled this.  
Lmaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1093335045459316736?s=19

the Bill Sommons podcast and his ringer nut huggers are some of the worst stuff out there if you aren't a Boston fan, but man it is fun when he is getting ready to go into meltdown mode. I think the Sixers move has him a bit shook, combined with kyrie leaving and AD being plain as Jane he doesn't want to go to Boston:

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons

That Sixers trade felt desperate - gave up way too much for an expiring FA. And throwing Shamet in the deal was just weird. But fundamentally... their crunch-time 5 is flawed now. No lineup flexibility, nobody to defend the Kyrie types. Why not make same offer for Jrue Holiday?

I like how the "crunch time 5" is flawed now. Yes, losing Chandler is a huge loss. Guy had to be one of the worst starters in the entire NBA. Shamet was fun and a great young prospect, but when he had to fill in for JJ when JJ was out it became apparent he needs a few more years to get ready for that. Love the kid, but hard to envision him being a huge piece in the playoffs where his defense could be taken advantage of. and sure Jrue would have been nice, but was he available? everybody always think this is NBA 2K and you can just trade for someone cause you want him.

Seeing the Celtics' ship sink will be enjoyable. I love that the Sixers trade basically erased an asset from the Celtics as well since they will likely lose out on the Clippers first because of it.
That whole place is one tiresome ### echo-chamber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread