What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the least i would have thought they would have looked to acquire an additional asset to try and cement the deal for AD this summer. Instead they sat out and watched other teams that may compete for AD get additional assets. Clippers could very well be the favorite at this point

The Raptors and the Bucks are not messing around.  If Gasol is rejuvenated by playing with a good team then that Toronto defense is going to be absurd.  OG, Lowry, Leonard and Gasol....you could put Tommy out there and they'd probably still be a top-tier defense.  It's bizarre that the Sixers have 4 of the top 40 players in the league (probably the only team outside of GS that can say that) and I imagine they're a distant 3rd for bettors when it comes to winning the East.  And poor Boston...LOL
pfft, defense. Give me Boban and Embiid vs. the world. Twin Towers part 2.............. :scared:

As a throw in? I mean I guess he adds depth as the backup PG to give you 8-12 mins a game. If he's the milk, he's like that almond milk you get when you're lactose intolerant.
There was nothing wrong with the Sixers except that the coach has yet to teach the 2-man game to their two superstars nor integrate any new players but the slowhites Pop taught him to love and the fact that they can't meet the the ball up top. So Brand responded by getting em a bag of Habanero Ranch Chips.

For the number one overall pick that you traded up for?  Why not hold and see what happens instead of this?
because you end up with an Okafor situation where you basically have to sell someone to take him.... Very unfortunate situation that hurt the Sixers big time, but glad to see it in the past and both Fultz and the Sixers can move on

at the least i would have thought they would have looked to acquire an additional asset to try and cement the deal for AD this summer. Instead they sat out and watched other teams that may compete for AD get additional assets. Clippers could very well be the favorite at this point
all they needed was someone to give Horford a rest til the playoffs & someone to rassle w the larger centers in the league. word has it dey gittin a Mad Turk tomorrow for dat job

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic doing a 180 from the previous "let's punt on outside shooting" shtick.
Seems more like let's punt on having a rotation worthy player shtick, unless this Mike Muscala they got is a different one than the Atlanta guy.

It's still not listed as an official transaction anywhere, so I'm holding out hope this is an erroneous report, or that there's somehow more to it than what's been reported so far.

I know a lot will hinge on how these 4 fit together oncd they actually start playing, but it sure seemed like Tobias appreciated how much they gave up for him and will consider that when it comes to free agency. Liking all of these moves the sixers made now and they still can sign someone with the excemption. 

I know a lot will hinge on how these 4 fit together oncd they actually start playing, but it sure seemed like Tobias appreciated how much they gave up for him and will consider that when it comes to free agency. Liking all of these moves the sixers made now and they still can sign someone with the excemption. 
Derek Bodner had a great take on the trade on the Sixers Beat. No way am i going to try and explain it,  but there is a bunch of additional benefits of getting him now that i didn't realize with salary cap stuff and all that. it sounds like there were multiple reasons why an overpay was worth it at this point. 

And i do like that Lebron and Gianis made a trade for Russel Westbrook to join the same team as Embiid. Should be some good shtick, we can see if Russ can lighten up a bit

ETA: also better not be Lebron trying to lure Simmons to think about going to the Lakers......  I'll burn that dude's house down

Bobcat10 said:
:lmao:  Lebron...maybe it will get better, but at least his family is happy.

Liking what the Mavs are cooking.  Why was Doncic so polarizing last year predraft?  I guess you have to be hesitant with what skills will transfer, but man.

Go Bucks! 
Watching him for a couple of yrs I thought he looked like the best draft prospect in the draft in the last couple of yrs. His defense needs work for sure but boy has his offense translated well. I'm glad if Chicago couldn't get him a team I can root for did. 

Good return to get a first at this point for Fultz. Simmons has been terrible this year.
I think the Magic overpaid. I would've offered at the most 2 seconds and swap the better of 2nd's the year after for Fultz if I were a GM. But then again I would've never of traded for him. Honestly if I traded for Fultz it'd be for if I had a player on my roster in a similar position. Change of scenery needed type guy straight up nothing more if contracts worked out 

I’ll just never get over that his college team went like 9-25 with 2 wins in a bad conference. That was such a giant waving red flag that everybody ignored. 
Not me and then last year his team was better overall with more wins after he left. Another Red Flag is you never see a Top Prospect on either coast get scouted and signed to the opposite coast especially when no one on his side of the coast top college wise recruited him. That was another red flag. 

Bulls to possibly buyout Robin Lopez.  Warriors next?
I'm perfectly fine with RoLo on the Warriors. I loved the guy in CHI and wish him well. Dude deserves a ring. Also in terms of Useless information He's surprisingly one of the funniest guys in the league. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread