Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyU

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

On 4/30/2019 at 10:39 AM, timschochet said:

I had a friend of a friend who was a white nationalist. He disturbed me because he was a nice smart guy. That was 20 years ago, no idea what became of him. 

There is a guy in my Continuing Care (alcoholics anonymous) Thursday night meeting whom I’m pretty sure is one, based on some offhand comments- but politics aren’t discussed in there, and I haven’t asked him. 

Ever meet a black nationalist?  Prepare to have your mind blown. 

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Her stupidity fascinates me. She's kind of like a zoo animal. 

wow.  i don't know what is more pathetic, you comparing her to a zoo animal or the fact that you are fascinated by the stupidity of zoo animals.   

tough one.

• Like 1

Just now, zoonation said:

wow.  i don't know what is more pathetic, you comparing her to a zoo animal or the fact that you are fascinated by the stupidity of zoo animals.   

tough one.

Perfect username for this post.  :lmao:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RBM said:

In all seriousness though, the "zoo animal" part of this is over the line IMO.  I understand having a good-natured laugh over AOC's discovery of the garbage disposal, but that's not good-natured.

11 minutes ago, zoonation said:

that place she grew up in was really nice...how many square feet do you think it was?  800?  1000 even?

this narrative that she led some upper middle class privileged life is total bs.

Seriously? Tell us that she didn't live in a nice middle class home and grew up in a nice place and not the Bronx like she claims. So what type of life did she live?

31 minutes ago, RBM said:

Don't. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, zoonation said:

that place she grew up in was really nice...how many square feet do you think it was?  800?  1000 even?

this narrative that she led some upper middle class privileged life is total bs.

Her house was in Yorktown Heights, a place where the median family income is $137k.  Her father was an architect. 

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RBM said:

Her stupidity fascinates me. 

What prompted you to write this? The garbage disposal story?

16 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Don't. 

Don't what?  What the hell does that mean there was nothing wrong with what I said unless you're a total liberal bootlicker. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Don't. 

Serious question before you cowardly ban me.... How are you not ashamed of what this place has become?

2 hours ago, zoonation said:

my point was that they are no longer used in new housing projects and haven't been for some time (at least where I live).

in any event, the whole thing is stupid.

Must be quite a bit different from where I live 

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Serious question before you cowardly ban me.... How are you not ashamed of what this place has become?

I don't "cowardly" ban anyone.

Am I ashamed of this place? No.

Can we make it better? Yes. Please help. 

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Don't what?  

Don't compare women to zoo animals. Full stop. 

What is going on in here?  Does a grown man need to be told this?  Good lord. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Must be quite a bit different from where I live 

Could be. I live in Calgary Canada and garburators (as we call them) don’t get installed anymore.  Having said that, I had one growing up.  Very convenient.

54 minutes ago, RBM said:

Ever meet a black nationalist?  Prepare to have your mind blown. 

I have. More than a few actually. I used to play chess in Los Angeles right next to a Nation of Islam temple, so these dudes would often come over and play, wearing their bow ties and suits. Very polite, soft spoken. A few of them were quite good players. Never discussed politics with them; not interested in being called a white devil. Just stuck to chess. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

What prompted you to write this? The garbage disposal story?

She is in the house of representatives and can't even name the three branches of government.  She does not understand simple concepts about revenues and spending.  She does not understand the difference between lending money and ownership.  She does not comprehend the difference between local government responsibility and federal government.  Her 'plans' have no plan.  She really lives in some kind of fantasy world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RBM said:

Replace AOC with DJT and it’s full steam ahead

• Like 2

Just now, HellToupee said:

Replace AOC with DJT and it’s full steam ahead

If someone said the same thing about a trump they’d be warmed too.  And if they called the owner a boot locker multiple people would be screaming for the person to be permabanned.. 

• Like 1

Just now, sho nuff said:

If someone said the same thing about a trump they’d be warmed too.  And if they called the owner a boot locker multiple people would be screaming for the person to be permabanned.. 

You must be new here 

Just now, HellToupee said:

You must be new here 

Nope. I’ve seen the dont things posted when people say things about Trump it conservative leaders.

And multiple complaints if someone says anything to a mod.

Care to try again?

26 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

She is in the house of representatives and can't even name the three branches of government.  She does not understand simple concepts about revenues and spending.  She does not understand the difference between lending money and ownership.  She does not comprehend the difference between local government responsibility and federal government.  Her 'plans' have no plan.  She really lives in some kind of fantasy world. 

Do you think the garbage disposal story should be added to your list?

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Nope. I’ve seen the dont things posted when people say things about Trump it conservative leaders.

And multiple complaints if someone says anything to a mod.

Care to try again?

Dude...get a grasp of reality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Do you think the garbage disposal story should be added to your list?

Sure, why not?  The whole thought process of first being terrified and then wondering if it is environmentally friendly shows her thought process and how little she thinks before speaking.  Her depth of thought is very limited to far-left rhetoric.   

34 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

She is in the house of representatives and can't even name the three branches of government.  

As opposed to Donald Trump who doesn't seem to recognize that there are three equal branches of government, as evidenced by his administrations defiance of requests from Congress that are now resulting in subpoenas.

3 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Sure, why not?  The whole thought process of first being terrified and then wondering if it is environmentally friendly shows her thought process and how little she thinks before speaking.  Her depth of thought is very limited to far-left rhetoric.   

I’ve wondered if garbage disposals are environmentally friendly. 

:oldunsure:

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

As opposed to Donald Trump who doesn't seem to recognize that there are three equal branches of government, as evidenced by his administrations defiance of requests from Congress that are now resulting in subpoenas.

Weak attempt. Stick to your Twitter stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I’ve wondered if garbage disposals are environmentally friendly. 

:oldunsure:

Yes.  It is a more environmentally friendly way of disposing of food versus landfills.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

Neither one should be in government for similar reasons. 

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

I don't "cowardly" ban anyone.

Am I ashamed of this place? No.

Can we make it better? Yes. Please help. 

Joe, come on man, this is just message board talk.  Lets not get to this point.  

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

I think you misinterpreted his post.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, squistion said:

I agree but this is the Cortez thread..Trump has 10 of his own threads. Lets keep this thread about Cortez not Trump.

Edited by Da Guru

20 minutes ago, squistion said:

Which is why you never ever fail to not defend Trump at any opportunity.

This is a blatant falsehood

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I think you misinterpreted his post.

"She's kind of like a zoo animal."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RBM said:

Don't what?  What the hell does that mean there was nothing wrong with what I said unless you're a total liberal bootlicker. 

It's a bold strategy,  Cotton.  Lets see if it  pays off for him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

It's a bold strategy,  Cotton.  Lets see if it  pays off for him.

Yes it is...

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Her house was in Yorktown Heights, a place where the median family income is $137k.  Her father was an architect. 

I am confused. I thought 137K was barely making it in NYC

5 minutes ago, the moops said:

I am confused who said that.   It is certainly not well off, but it is a nice middle class income.   Yorkshire Heights is probably much more affordable than Manhatten. 

14 minutes ago, the moops said:

Depends on when you bought your house.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that she’s never seen a garbage disposal. There’s large parts of New York where it’s not allowed- I think if there’s septic tanks. 

3 hours ago, RBM said:

Her stupidity fascinates me. 

I won’t comment on the other part of this post, but as to this part- she’s not a stupid woman. At all. You guys seriously understestimate her when you do this. 

AOC graduated from Boston University cum laude. That’s not an easy school to get into; it’s one of the toughest in the entire country particularly in her field (international relations). Her degree is quite impressive. 

She’s naive for sure, impetuous, tweets before she thinks (like Trump), but she ain’t dumb. I disagree with her a lot. But I respect her. 

I also think she’s a very good person. When I read her tweets trying to inform people about getting shots, other public health advice, how much she gives of her time to help the less fortunate- her heart is in the right place. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I won’t comment on the other part of this post, but as to this part- she’s not a stupid woman. At all. You guys seriously understestimate her when you do this. 

AOC graduated from Boston University cum laude. That’s not an easy school to get into; it’s one of the toughest in the entire country particularly in her field (international relations). Her degree is quite impressive. 

She’s naive for sure, impetuous, tweets before she thinks (like Trump), but she ain’t dumb. I disagree with her a lot. But I respect her. 

I also think she’s a very good person. When I read her tweets trying to inform people about getting shots, other public health advice, how much she gives of her time to help the less fortunate- her heart is in the right place. 

Meh.  W went to Harvard and constantly had his intelligence questioned.  

:yes:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez‏Verified account @AOC 8m8 minutes ago

Wouldn’t you think someone who personally lost over a BILLION dollars (“more than nearly any other taxpayer in America”) be vulnerable to shady activity to get out of that hole?

If they became the most powerful public servant in America, wouldn’t you want to see their taxes?

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Meh.  W went to Harvard and constantly had his intelligence questioned.  

Yeah but that’s because there were strong rumors that W got in  as a family thing. And I don’t think he graduated cum laude. 

Still I always thought his intelligence was underrated too. As was Reagan. And Donald Trump for that matter. You don’t get to be President unless you’re pretty bright. 

But Congresspeople are different. I’ve mentioned before in this thread that there are some really dumb members of Congress: Michelle Bachmann (no longer thankfully), Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters (quite embarrassing that she chairs a committee now), Steve King, etc. But I don’t believe this woman is one of them. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I'm not as impressed with her education as Tim is.

Here naivete and lack of understanding on how the world works is very dangerous given her power.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Here naivete and lack of understanding on how the world works is very dangerous given her power.  

I’d guess BU is embarrassed 

7 hours ago, TripItUp said:

I’m buying more and more into the theory that she was a paid actress theory every time you see her go off script.