What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (6 Viewers)

More from Dale of Toronto Star:

Trump calls the congresswomen "hate-filled extremists," and he says, "Let 'em leave...they're always telling us how to run it, how to do this, how to do that. You know what? If they don't love it, tell 'em to leave it." The crowd says "leave it" in unison with him, and cheers.

From Daniel Dale of Toronto Star:

Trump calls Ocasio-Cortez "Cortez," and then says somebody said, "That's not her name, sir," and he says he responded, "No no: I don't have time to go with three different names. We'll call her Cortez. Too much time. Takes too much time." The room is quiet.
:shrug:

no American tweeting? 

Looks like President Trump watched “the squad” interview this morning on Good Morning America with Gayle King and isn’t happy.

That’s better. I respect American Trump haters , can’t abide outsiders pulling this crap
Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star is not a Trump hater. He is a reporter who quotes, verbatim, everything word for word that Trump says in his speeches or in this case, at one of his rallies. You think quoting Trump's exact words is pulling this crap?

More from Dale of Toronto Star:

Trump calls the congresswomen "hate-filled extremists," and he says, "Let 'em leave...they're always telling us how to run it, how to do this, how to do that. You know what? If they don't love it, tell 'em to leave it." The crowd says "leave it" in unison with him, and cheers.
I hate when people think for themselves..  

Daniel Dale of the Toronto Star is not a Trump hater. He is a reporter who quotes, verbatim, everything word for word that Trump says in his speeches or in this case, at one of his rallies. You think quoting Trump's exact words is pulling this crap?
See if you can get us a transcript from tonight’s rally when it’s over

See if you can get us a transcript from tonight’s rally when it’s over
What Trump said tonight was quoted by multiple sources on Twitter both on the left and right, so trying to obtain a transcript is unnecessary (as they all couldn't simultaneously be wrong tweeting his exact words from the rally). But since you are a big supporter and buy Trump related MAGA merchandise (such an outfit for your dog, no less) I am sure you can provide a link for us if you think that what Dale, Griffin or anyone else reported is false or inaccurate.

From Daniel Dale of Toronto Star:

Trump calls Ocasio-Cortez "Cortez," and then says somebody said, "That's not her name, sir," and he says he responded, "No no: I don't have time to go with three different names. We'll call her Cortez. Too much time. Takes too much time." The room is quiet.
Probably should call her sandy ocasio instead

I just got some lame video by Bill Kane sent to me.  I need to respond to the idiot that sent it to me.

So serious questions to the anti-AOC or anti-squad people.  What specifically makes you think they hate America?  And I need direct quotes or confirm able actions.

I really do not know - other than Trump stating they are anti american

Lost in all the discussion about Trump’s racist attack was this comment by AOC yesterday in response to Joe Biden’s opposition to Medicare for All: “Nobody will be heartbroken to lose their private healthcare plan.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/freebeacon.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-nobody-is-heartbroken-by-the-prospect-of-losing-private-health-insurance/amp/

She’s quite wrong about this. But her position here represents the clear distinction between a liberal and a leftist. Both of them clearly recognize a societal problem that a conservative might not. But the liberal wants to fix the problem, while the Leftist wants to tear the whole thing down and start over. 

Lost in all the discussion about Trump’s racist attack was this comment by AOC yesterday in response to Joe Biden’s opposition to Medicare for All: “Nobody will be heartbroken to lose their private healthcare plan.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/freebeacon.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-nobody-is-heartbroken-by-the-prospect-of-losing-private-health-insurance/amp/

She’s quite wrong about this. But her position here represents the clear distinction between a liberal and a leftist. Both of them clearly recognize a societal problem that a conservative might not. But the liberal wants to fix the problem, while the Leftist wants to tear the whole thing down and start over. 
Wow..I missed that.   I am a union employee and have a good health care plan that I would hate to lose. Cortez is starting to lose me.

IF she actually said that, she's just flat out wrong.  The quote in the article though suggests more that she's saying nobody will miss their actual health INSURER - which is very different.  I hate my actual insurance company.

IF she actually said that, she's just flat out wrong.  The quote in the article though suggests more that she's saying nobody will miss their actual health INSURER - which is very different.  I hate my actual insurance company.
I might have gotten the exact wording wrong but I’m not seeing much of a difference. Under Bernie’s plan (which is the one she supports) you’re going to lose both. It’s a whole new national healthcare system. 

Warren wants the same thing. And this is the main reason I don’t trust either of them to defeat Trump. No matter what the polls might show right now, I think In the end too many people will be afraid of this idea and will stick with Trump as the “safe” alternative. 

The benefits go with the plan which goes with the insurer.

WTF is going on with the private Facebook group that had a RAPE meme or fake pictures of AOC? 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/aoc-grills-acting-homeland-security-chief-about-rape-memes-she-appears-in/

How do these people still have a job? 
I would bet that the people responsible for the two sexual posts we know of will be gone. Any other sexual posts will likely have strict consequences as well. 

I highly doubt that any other border patrol agents will be let go. This is a unionized group after all. 

I really wish the reporting on this story would be a little better. Just as you said it is a private facebook group. Not a secret facebook group. We have no idea how many people that posted were actually border patrol. We dont even really know what the tenor of the group was. 

I mean just look at this site. I am sure there was plenty of content that was either linked to or not deleted that any reporter with an agenda could have made look pretty bad. Had joe moderated a little less strict, there certainly would be. I c:e:rtainly know of another site that had far worse. Plenty of it probably posted by the same people on this site making a huge deal about this group. Or how about reddit? 

I am a member of a group for our subdivision. There was a rash of car burglaries committed by young black kids. Like ten cars in a couple weeks. People were pissed. Some racist things definitely got posted. Some things that if taken out of context were snipped would have also been considered racist. Is everybody that is a member of that group a racist then? 

So if this group is 9500 people that all actually work for cbp and all they do is post awful photos, by all means, get rid of them. But based on how little has been released about content or quantity and how throwing a burrito at AOC got classified as an attack, my guess is there probably isnt anywhere near as much as what AOC is making it seem to be. 

I would bet that the people responsible for the two sexual posts we know of will be gone. Any other sexual posts will likely have strict consequences as well. 

I highly doubt that any other border patrol agents will be let go. This is a unionized group after all. 

I really wish the reporting on this story would be a little better. Just as you said it is a private facebook group. Not a secret facebook group. We have no idea how many people that posted were actually border patrol. We dont even really know what the tenor of the group was. 

I mean just look at this site. I am sure there was plenty of content that was either linked to or not deleted that any reporter with an agenda could have made look pretty bad. Had joe moderated a little less strict, there certainly would be. I c:e:rtainly know of another site that had far worse. Plenty of it probably posted by the same people on this site making a huge deal about this group. Or how about reddit? 

I am a member of a group for our subdivision. There was a rash of car burglaries committed by young black kids. Like ten cars in a couple weeks. People were pissed. Some racist things definitely got posted. Some things that if taken out of context were snipped would have also been considered racist. Is everybody that is a member of that group a racist then? 

So if this group is 9500 people that all actually work for cbp and all they do is post awful photos, by all means, get rid of them. But based on how little has been released about content or quantity and how throwing a burrito at AOC got classified as an attack, my guess is there probably isnt anywhere near as much as what AOC is making it seem to be. 
So got me thinking that these must be some pretty messed up pics to get all of this attention.   I did some searching and found a site that hosted the pics and statements before they were deleted.  I saw one of AOC being forced to give Trump oral sex.  Racist comments about black, and dark skinned people.  It was something that if you have a professional job you would not want to be associated.   10-15 alien in custody was the group name.    Propublica did a story about the whole issue and at one time hosted some of the pics.  

If someone was careless enough to post or like a rape meme, racist pictures, or sexist jokes using their real name than I have no pity.  

Trump wants to run against these people, so he's putting them on blast.  It's a clever idea, but he's doing it in an overly racist fashion.
I've been thinking about this, not your comment, but why keep talking about these four instead of talking about issues / good things he's done? He is blasting these four along with every talk radio show and FOX because they are attempting to paint every Democrat is for what these four want. Trump / Republicans can't attack Pelosi, Schumer, any other high ranking Democrat because they discuss issues and have a good foothold into where they want to go or what they want to do. But, these four, these four are the proverbial devil and if Republicans can paint these four as "The Democrat Party", which I have heard from talk radio already, then no way will voters vote for these four.

The Squad = The Democrat Party

Or, so the Republicans want voters to believe so Republicans remain in power. The Millennial vote is going to decide 2020.

So got me thinking that these must be some pretty messed up pics to get all of this attention.   I did some searching and found a site that hosted the pics and statements before they were deleted.  I saw one of AOC being forced to give Trump oral sex.  Racist comments about black, and dark skinned people.  It was something that if you have a professional job you would not want to be associated.   10-15 alien in custody was the group name.    Propublica did a story about the whole issue and at one time hosted some of the pics.  

If someone was careless enough to post or like a rape meme, racist pictures, or sexist jokes using their real name than I have no pity.  
I had searched previously, but didnt find anything. Finally found the intercept story. So thanks for alerting me it was actually out there. 

My guess is hendricks, garcia, ortiz, and castillo from that story are going to be fired. Some other people would be, but it looks like they arent actually agents. Now I understand why so little info was actually put out there about the actual posts or who made them. Story doesnt splash as big if it is mostly hispanic names. 

I don't think anybody else will be fired considering they are unionized.

I am curious why the bold matters to you. 

I had searched previously, but didnt find anything. Finally found the intercept story. So thanks for alerting me it was actually out there. 

My guess is hendricks, garcia, ortiz, and castillo from that story are going to be fired. Some other people would be, but it looks like they arent actually agents. Now I understand why so little info was actually put out there about the actual posts or who made them. Story doesnt splash as big if it is mostly hispanic names. 

I don't think anybody else will be fired considering they are unionized.

I am curious why the bold matters to you. 
If we posted a racist pic over at another site using a made up name no one would know who we are or know we work for the government.  But using facebook with a direct link to who we are IRL and a lot of people put in their profile their job, their city, their family/friends/coworkers and even phone numbers.  

I saw a guy who was fired from his job working in menial job for posting a horrible meme on a facebook college football group.  Some people were so offended they called the employeer and had the guy fired.    

Your interpretation is pretty obviously right.  She's talking about warehouse-floor workers, not management.  
How about account managers, developers, program managers, drivers, service associate, etc.  I've looked and there are a lot of good paying jobs at amazon.  Although, the majority make way less than she is paid now and can't vote themselves a raise. Go figure.

Ilam Omar

"its leadership corrupt, its standing in the world, a joke." "The American dream," , "is dead."

Do these comments make you angry?

Ilam Omar

"its leadership corrupt, its standing in the world, a joke." "The American dream," , "is dead."

Not even close - she's small potatoes.  What irritates me is the president making our country look like buffoons on a global scale.

The two aren't remotely equivalent.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilam Omar

Well Groot, Alex P Keaton and Mystery Achiever sorry to lead you astray but these comments were actually quoted from one Donald Trump back in 2015

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/amp/Trump-says-critics-hate-America-despite-his-own-14105288.php

So Mystery Achiever do you want Trump to go back to Scotland where his mother was from or Germany where his father ancestors were from? Alex P Keaton does it make you angry Trump felt this way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Groot, Alex P Keaton and Mystery Achiever sorry to lead you astray but these comments were actually quoted from one Donald Trump back in 2015

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/amp/Trump-says-critics-hate-America-despite-his-own-14105288.php

So Mystery Achiever do you want Trump to go back to Scotland where his mother was from or Germany where his father ancestors were from?
If he was born here then I guess he would go back to the US.  Not sure what your point was.

Ilam Omar

Eh - they make sense when you realize her idea of the American dream is Sharia law over the land.

Really?3 of the 4 freshman congressman Trump wanted to go back where they came from wouldn't be leaving either then as they were born in the US.
Sorry, I'm not understanding. I knew Trump was author but didn't want to overtly spoil before your reveal. Hence use of "author" and "they".

So Mystery Achiever do you want Trump to go back to Scotland where his mother was from or Germany where his father ancestors were from? Alex P Keaton does it make you angry Trump felt this way?
If I believed that he meant those words, yes it would make me sad and angry that we live in a country where anyone feels that way.

Of course it’s ridiculous - America is not great for Trump but also leave it if you don’t think it’s great. Typical incoherence.

AOC: "We’re gonna stay right here"

“When the president starts telling American citizens to ‘go back’ to their countries, this tells you that this president’s policy are not about immigration, but ethnicity and racism."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-aoc-immigration-trump-20190720-iewmoucrnrgljlhl2zhfriie7u-story.html
Another "Go Back to your own Country" bigoted tirade.            This was all over our local news but have not seen anything national reported. 

Users who are viewing this thread