What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (6 Viewers)

I'm with you but straight people haven't been persecuted like non-straight people.  Have you ever heard of someone being murdered because they're straight? How about burned at the stake?   Picked on repeatedly until suicide is the only answer? Those of course are the worst of things but even today many are told they are "wrong" and need to be "fixed".   So in context these people celebrating their "straitness" are really ignorant to the plight of others here and around the world. 
I try not to judge any group of people  as in todays world everything is separated by groupings.   So people can celebrate being Irish, gay, straight, or whatever they would like to celebrate.  People can celebrate being many things as I stated live and let live and don`t worry about if others celebrate their gayness or straightness or whatever.

I try not to judge any group of people  as in todays world everything is separated by groupings.   So people can celebrate being Irish, gay, straight, or whatever they would like to celebrate.  People can celebrate being many things as I stated live and let live and don`t worry about if others celebrate their gayness or straightness or whatever.
What are they "celebrating" exactly?  The article states this war more of a pro-Trump rally more than anything. 

What are they "celebrating" exactly?  The article states this war more of a pro-Trump rally more than anything. 
They're celebrating their "man love" for Trump. They may not admit it in public but when those straight-priders request from their wives, if they have one, to wear a Trump mask... well... I guess that is something to celebrate.

I have no idea but if they want to celebrate Trump or being straight so be it as that is their right. Let them do their thing for an hour or whatever then it is over and everybody moves on with their lives. The media blows it up and makes it a story, then the counter people gather, then there are fights and arrests when all could be easily avoided.

yea this has nothing to do with straight pride and everything to do with racism and homophobia

yea this has nothing to do with straight pride and everything to do with racism and homophobia
A measly 200 people showed up for the parade but because the media made a big deal about it over 600 counter protesters showed up.  30 counter protesters ended up arrested. Why??  The parade without media would have been over in 30 minutes and been very nondescript.

Let people do their thing whatever it is as they have that right.   Why make it combat with a counter protest? 

A measly 200 people showed up for the parade but because the media made a big deal about it over 600 counter protesters showed up.  30 counter protesters ended up arrested. Why??  The parade without media would have been over in 30 minutes and been very nondescript.

Let people do their thing whatever it is as they have that right.   Why make it combat with a counter protest? 
because if you don't speak out against it you normalize it

I read that 100 people showed up for the parade and over 1000 counter protested it....that made the parade guys look like morons

I read that 100 people showed up for the parade and over 1000 counter protested it....that made the parade guys look like morons
They are oppressed people born in privileged bodies.  You really need to be more woke about their plight. 

If your third-grade class has 30 people in it, having a birthday party and inviting your five closest friends is fine. But inviting 25 people and singling out just a few who aren’t invited is kind of a jerk move.

It’s the same principle here. A group representing 95% of the population doesn’t need to have a parade to celebrate that they’re not ... those people.

The idea of a straight pride parade is too dumb to be taken at face value. It is an obvious dissimulation.

Yeah but, they should be able to celebrate racism and homophobia if they want, any time they want....it's Murica damnit. Just let 'em be already.
Why must you project racism and homophobia into it?  The anger, the violent acts and the arrests were from the leftist counter-protests.  Seems like the left would be better off addressing the hatred on their side.  

Why must you project racism and homophobia into it?  The anger, the violent acts and the arrests were from the leftist counter-protests.  Seems like the left would be better off addressing the hatred on their side.  
Where did I do that? You reading comprehension suxor.

Why must you project racism and homophobia into it?  
Well that’s pretty easy. Because a “straight pride” parade is essentially an anti-gay parade, in the exact same way a “white pride” away is essentially an anti-Black parade. It’s really no different from when KKK or Nazis have a public gathering. 

Well that’s pretty easy. Because a “straight pride” parade is essentially an anti-gay parade, in the exact same way a “white pride” away is essentially an anti-Black parade. It’s really no different from when KKK or Nazis have a public gathering. 
Interesting in that it only flows in one direction, and yet I believe you are correct.  Like a river.

People are tired of all these 'inclusive' groups which don't include them.  You may find that dumb, but there are large numbers of white/male/chrisitans believe they are being attacked by the left, and in some cases they absolutely are.  I am sure there are racists who support such events, but the bigger element is pushback from all the white and/or male bashing which routinely takes place.  

Not true at all.  Plus they were well within their rights.  We just can`t squash others peoples views because we disagree, this is illiberal and that is intolerance. 

Not true at all.  Plus they were well within their rights.  We just can`t squash others peoples views because we disagree, this is illiberal and that is intolerance. 
I’m intolerant towards bigotry. I want to squash bigoted views (not legally but in every other way.) What’s wrong with that? 

People are tired of all these 'inclusive' groups which don't include them.  You may find that dumb, but there are large numbers of white/male/chrisitans believe they are being attacked by the left, and in some cases they absolutely are.  I am sure there are racists who support such events, but the bigger element is pushback from all the white and/or male bashing which routinely takes place.  
I don’t find it dumb, I find it dangerous. I think such feelings are wrong, easily lead to bigotry, and deserve ridicule and contempt. 

It is not up to us to judge what people "essentially" feel.   Others groups like gays, and whoever have been told forever what they essentially are about.  As I stated before live and let live.  If 100 people want to have a straight parade so be it.  It does not impact our lives.

I don’t find it dumb, I find it dangerous. I think such feelings are wrong, easily lead to bigotry, and deserve ridicule and contempt. 
People who have different views and feelings are not wrong.   That is bigotry and your thinking that it deserves ridicule is a large part of the problem. 

I’m intolerant towards bigotry. I want to squash bigoted views (not legally but in every other way.) What’s wrong with that? 
Who decided before the parade starts to protest?  Who gets to decide?  I am for all people rights to be honored. Even the ones we don`t agree with. 

:lmao: ...I quoted the sentence where you do exactly that.  
The post in which I responded to a post commenting on racism and homophobia so, no, I didn't project anything......again, your reading comprehension suxor.

I've only ever put one person on ignore here, ever, and I believe he's long gone from this site, though unsure. I don't intend to put anyone else on ignore anytime soon but, i find most of your posts are tiresome and condescending. 

The post in which I responded to a post commenting on racism and homophobia so, no, I didn't project anything......again, your reading comprehension suxor.

I've only ever put one person on ignore here, ever, and I believe he's long gone from this site, though unsure. I don't intend to put anyone else on ignore anytime soon but, i find most of your posts are tiresome and condescending. 
Hey! I just remembered your insane thread about a decade+ ago about your awful, psycho cow of an ex and the crap she put you through with your daughter/kids.  I found that thread, but its archived so, sorry I couldn't bump it there in the FFA.  I remember wishing in that thread we could see what happened 10 years from then.  Did she ever get hers for her awfulness?  Did it work out ok with the kids?

ETA: Sorry for the off-topic, but we were all pulling for you as I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe you even have to make this point.

These guys are the guys that would stand on the street while 'insert evil regime here' dragged people out of their house and shot them in the street.
So you were out there on the street in Boston peacefully protesting against this parade?

Oh wait, that didnt happen. 

A bunch of snarky posts from leftists, and I am th condescending one.   :lmao:

From what I saw on the news it was the counter protesters who caused all the problems.  It that correct?
I am sure some of the straight pride marchers were just there to try and pick a fight, but almost all of the physical confrontations came from the counter protesters. 

And we have congresswomen actively soliciting donations for those same people. 

OK, we don`t have to honor anything, but we just can`t stomp on peoples rights because we don`t agree with them.
Of course you can. In fact not only can you stomp on them, you can actively advocate and donate for the people that attacked police while doing so.
Nobody "stomped" on anyone's rights. There's proof right there in my OP the parade happened. 

I was trying to gently lead SW to understand how silly this was.  Gay pride parades were people pushing back against a large segment of the population that told, and tell, them they're wrong.  Also as stated, much worse than that.  

Celebrate your "straitness" all you want put it comes off as ignorant, very insecure and yes, silly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody "stomped" on anyone's rights. There's proof right there in my OP the parade happened. 

I was trying to gently lead SW to understand how silly this was.  Gay pride parades were people pushing back against a large segment of the population that told, and tell, them they're wrong.  Also as stated, much worse than that.  

Celebrate your "straitness" all you want put it comes off as ignorant, very insecure and yes, silly. 
I get that it is silly, I know it is silly, many things political are silly.   The fact that it is silly is not my business. I think parades where people dress up dogs and horses are silly too.

I don`t agree with it but the fact is they have the right to have the parade.

I am sure some of the straight pride marchers were just there to try and pick a fight, but almost all of the physical confrontations came from the counter protesters. 

And we have congresswomen actively soliciting donations for those same people. 
That was my original  point.  Let them have their little parade with no media coverage or counter protest and it is over in 30 minutes and everybody goes home. Media blows it up, 600 people show up looking for a confrontation and 30 end up in jail.

Of course it is silly, ignorant and very insecure. The whole concept is ridiculous.

You know what else is ridiculous? A bunch of masked men showing up attacking cops and congresswomen financially supporting these people.  

I think it's the very definition of dumb.  Usually, it goes like this.

1.  Make a comment condemning/demeaning a certain group of people that meet criteria x,y,z.
2.  People who self process to meet part of the criteria, but not all, get upset as if you're talking about them when you clearly aren't.
3.  Rinse/Repeat.

Example:  "White, middle aged men, totally lacking in self awareness, who harass and demean homosexuals are the drecks of the earth IMO"

That comment, especially around here, will almost ALWAYS be met with "This is an example of bigotry towards white males in this country" or some other nonsensical generalization and then the martyrdom begins.  It's a specific group performing specific actions under specific conditions.  However, if read that way, there is no real argument to be made or way to push back so the statement is ignored as a whole and they look at "white male" and begin their shtick.  Yeah, I find that incredibly dumb and even more disingenuous.  

I think it's the very definition of dumb.  Usually, it goes like this.

1.  Make a comment condemning/demeaning a certain group of people that meet criteria x,y,z.
2.  People who self process to meet part of the criteria, but not all, get upset as if you're talking about them when you clearly aren't.
3.  Rinse/Repeat.

Example:  "White, middle aged men, totally lacking in self awareness, who harass and demean homosexuals are the drecks of the earth IMO"

That comment, especially around here, will almost ALWAYS be met with "This is an example of bigotry towards white males in this country" or some other nonsensical generalization and then the martyrdom begins.  It's a specific group performing specific actions under specific conditions.  However, if read that way, there is no real argument to be made or way to push back so the statement is ignored as a whole and they look at "white male" and begin their shtick.  Yeah, I find that incredibly dumb and even more disingenuous.  

Yeah like anything that includes the word "black" is met with racist

Users who are viewing this thread