What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (8 Viewers)

The specifics of her “new green deal”, to the extent that she’s explained them, are unrealistic and probably impossible. 

Lets unpack this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a “Manhattan Project” like effort to combat climate change. I honestly believe the public might be ready for it, or close to it. But they won’t tolerate too much sacrifice. You’ve got to find a way to do it that doesn’t involve too much pain. Otherwise you’re just spinning your wheels. 
Do you know how much we spent on the Manhattan Project as a % of GDP during WWII? Or even as a % of the defense budget?

i actually think your breathless faux outrage over the outrage is even cooler brohan so you can take it to the bank 
Not sure where you are seeing any outrage from me, faux or not. I posted a link to the vote video. Nice try though brochacho.

AOC is going to flame out so fast it will make your head spin and it has nothing to do with that video. Her interview with Anderson Cooper and the child-like understanding of economics she put on display revealed a jaw-dropping level of ignorance. Her own party will make sure she doesn't progress too far. Republicans won't have to spend an ounce of energy whatsoever worrying about her rise. She reminds me of the 6th grader who promises a soft serve ice cream machine in the lunchroom while running for class president. And then the teacher steps in, says it's not allowed, and then said 6th grader stands there in awkward silence without anything else to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
AOC is going to flame out so fast it will make your head spin and it has nothing to do with that video. Her interview with Anderson Cooper and the child-like understanding of economics she put on display revealed a jaw-dropping level of ignorance. Her own party will make sure she doesn't progress too far. Republicans won't have to spend an ounce of energy whatsoever worrying about her rise. She reminds me of 6th grader who promises a soft serve ice cream machine in the lunchroom while running for class president. And then the teacher steps in, says it's not allowed, and then said 6th grader stands there in awkward silence without anything else to say.
Most awesome post ever on this board. Your wording and examples are clearly top notch compared to the rest. You are a man among ants. Awesome.

This post is why we need an LOL icon in the "like" portion of posts. This post sounds like a tweet from Trump.

Most awesome post ever on this board. Your wording and examples are clearly top notch compared to the rest. You are a man among ants. Awesome.

This post is why we need an LOL icon in the "like" portion of posts. This post sounds like a tweet from Trump.
So you think someone calling for a 70% tax rate has a political future? This might be the quickest, easiest bet I'll ever win if you're man enough to put something on it. She's getting laughed at within her own party. If you think she has any chance of going anywhere with her current views, you have zero grasp of how this country operates - economically or politically.

Also, I'm not a Republican or a Trump voter btw. You're just another example of the blindfold our political parties have draped over most people's eyes.

AOC is going to flame out so fast it will make your head spin and it has nothing to do with that video. Her interview with Anderson Cooper and the child-like understanding of economics she put on display revealed a jaw-dropping level of ignorance. Her own party will make sure she doesn't progress too far. Republicans won't have to spend an ounce of energy whatsoever worrying about her rise. She reminds me of the 6th grader who promises a soft serve ice cream machine in the lunchroom while running for class president. And then the teacher steps in, says it's not allowed, and then said 6th grader stands there in awkward silence without anything else to say.
...and then the 6th grader tells the class that the ice cream machine was already delivered, and then 35% of the class chants "Eat that cone!"

She graduated cum laude from Boston University in International Relations with a minor in economics. 

Sorry for your loss. 

So you think someone calling for a 70% tax rate has a political future? This might be the quickest, easiest bet I'll ever win if you're man enough to put something on it. She's getting laughed at within her own party. If you think she has any chance of going anywhere with her current views, you have zero grasp of how this country operates - economically or politically.

Also, I'm not a Republican or a Trump voter btw. You're just another example of the blindfold our political parties have draped over most people's eyes.
Some parts of WWI and from 1944-1981 the highest tax rate was never under 70%. 

If the government would like to keep committing to war, it never should be.  

She graduated cum laude from Boston University in International Relations with a minor in economics. 

Sorry for your loss. 
Lol, I too have degrees in things I really don't know a damn thing about. If they're teaching 70% tax rates of the rich at Boston University as a sustainable economic model, they may as well bulldoze the econ buildings.

Some parts of WWI and from 1944-1981 the highest tax rate was never under 70%. 

If the government would like to keep committing to war, it never should be.  
You supplied the answer to the problem with your second sentence. The government needs to stop seeking out wars to get into. In case you haven't noticed our government has a spending problem that if unchecked forever will eventually cause collapse. But the answer isn't a tax rate on anyone of 70%. That's a 1st grade solution to a complex problem. Two wrongs...

You supplied the answer to the problem with your second sentence. The government needs to stop seeking out wars to get into. In case you haven't noticed our government has a spending problem that if unchecked forever will eventually cause collapse. But the answer isn't a tax rate on anyone of 70%. That's a 1st grade solution to a complex problem. Two wrongs...
Yes, no problem.  Just drop the military budget by 30-50%.  That is much more workable. 

I'll check myself out of the room with padded walls I've stumbled into with one last thought...

The current highest tax rate is a tick under 39.6%. Say we take that to 70% as AOC proposes. What then, apparently good things happen? Lol

Before you go can you tell me the consequences of having a tax bracket of 70+ from 1936 until 1980.

My personal favorite consequence was a student being able to afford College while working part time, it is much better now that people have to take on 6 figures worth of student loans when they are 18 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something tells me that people here don't need to take my word for it that you're a weird dude. You do that all on your own.
Not sure who you are or what/how you come to insane conclusions about people here. But, do us all a favor and grow up, and sober up before making allegations about people you have never met. It's a shame you post what you have and sport a Wisconsin Badgers picture. Have fun making assumptions about people even AOC. Just another piece of evidence from some Gary Johnson voter. Sad!

Sorry for your loss. 
While the same people don’t bat an eye as Ttump claims gas prices are affected by him making a phone call, Dow gains are all him but and dips are due to democrats getting elected, new nafta going to pay for the wall, and oh yes, China is paying us tons in tariffs.

While the same people don’t bat an eye as Ttump claims gas prices are affected by him making a phone call, Dow gains are all him but and dips are due to democrats getting elected, new nafta going to pay for the wall, and oh yes, China is paying us tons in tariffs.
I really don’t care what people think about Trump other than anyone who believes his views on economics, foreign policy, or law is not worth listening to on any of those topics. 

Users who are viewing this thread