What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloomberg 2020 (2 Viewers)

Bernie can't wait to get heads up with that guy.  It'd be like Rudy with 9/11:  "Billionare" verb adverb direct object.

Anyone paying attention? Climbing the ranks... as I’ve said over and over and over, you want Trump out? You care about the economy? He’s your man!

Nominate Bernie and enjoy another 4 years of Donald. To me this is an easy decision.

And the posters on this forum discuss thousands and thousands of pages of everyone but Bloomberg. It’s amazing how clueless almost all Dems are.

I will never hate saying “I told you so” as much as it will hurt in November.

So dumb!!
and if you’re wrong?

I don't see how you get any democrats in 2020 to get behind this

https://twitter.com/Trisha_Tahmasbi/status/1227014773021323270
Depends on how desperate they are, and how much Bloomberg distances himself from this concept (I think he's said he regrets the policy...but not sure).

That clip doesn't embody the candidate they'd be getting if voting for Bloomberg in 2020...at one point in his career it did, but apparently he's left that behind.  

The limited experience I have from him, having watched about 2 hours of interviews with him over the past few days just to get an idea, he seems to reference pollsters, and folks who have a good idea what's going on...and he takes their advice and makes his own decisions based off of the best advice he can get.  Sometimes doesn't get it right, but it's kinda refreshing to see a billionaire actually put the skills of a being a successful businessman to use for a presidential campaign rather than the skills of being a successful conman/demagogue like Trump.

Depends on how desperate they are, and how much Bloomberg distances himself from this concept (I think he's said he regrets the policy...but not sure).

That clip doesn't embody the candidate they'd be getting if voting for Bloomberg in 2020...at one point in his career it did, but apparently he's left that behind.  

The limited experience I have from him, having watched about 2 hours of interviews with him over the past few days just to get an idea, he seems to reference pollsters, and folks who have a good idea what's going on...and he takes their advice and makes his own decisions based off of the best advice he can get.  Sometimes doesn't get it right, but it's kinda refreshing to see a billionaire actually put the skills of a being a successful businessman to use for a presidential campaign rather than the skills of being a successful conman/demagogue like Trump.
“At one point in his career?”  Makes it sound like this was just from his reckless youth days.

it was from 2015.

I don't see it as a disqualifier, but I certainly don't like that policy.
Not sure why it’s not disqualifying.  But, whatever.  At least in terms of game theory, good luck getting out the minority vote with this b.s.   Bloomberg would guarantee 4 more years of Trump.

Hard pass, thanks.  

Not sure why it’s not disqualifying.  But, whatever.  At least in terms of game theory, good luck getting out the minority vote with this b.s.   Bloomberg would guarantee 4 more years of Trump.

Hard pass, thanks.  
Trump might win the black vote head to head with Bloomberg

Not emboldened white supremacists, for starters.
Trump has been president as black unemployment has fallen, he's been proactive with urban enterprise zones and while I don't see it as a strictly black issue, from what I understand the prison reform steps were seen as such in the black community.

Bloomberg has stop and frisk and quotes like this.  

A democrat will probably always beat a republican in the black community but the issue here is its a republican vs a republican.  

Trump has been president as black unemployment has fallen, he's been proactive with urban enterprise zones and while I don't see it as a strictly black issue, from what I understand the prison reform steps were seen as such in the black community.

A democrat will probably always beat a republican in the black community but the issue here is its a republican vs a republican.  
Trump, while in office, has emboldened white supremacists.  He insulted Elijah Cumming and his district, calling it "a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess".

I literally could go on and on about Trump and his comments towards minorities just over the past few years, not even bringing into play his more distant past.

Stop and frisk will be held up in the balance against a veritable treasure trove of Trump's turpitude.

And the posters on this forum discuss thousands and thousands of pages of everyone but Bloomberg. It’s amazing how clueless almost all Dems are.

I will never hate saying “I told you so” as much as it will hurt in November.

So dumb!!
Been some talk about him for a bit.

It does help that he actually announced he’s running. 

Black unemployment was falling before Trump took office.  It started under Obama.  The graphs have been shown many times.

Sure..but i think people understand how BS most of his taking credit for it is.  But basically yeah...disinformation works on some.
Well, lets go with that premise.  Do we really think Bloomberg has changed from those opinions or is it merely a matter of maintaining it is an unelectable position?  So you expect people to buy that these comments, which if they're really from 2015, are staggering, that people are going to look past that?  

Well, lets go with that premise.  Do we really think Bloomberg has changed from those opinions or is it merely a matter of maintaining it is an unelectable position?  So you expect people to buy that these comments, which if they're really from 2015, are staggering, that people are going to look past that?  
Not a big fan of him.  But he has his history as does Trump.  

As opposed to Trump’s statements and actions while in office And continued demonization of the Central Park 5?  Republican are smoking what Foxnews is selling if they’re believing any of this nonsense.

As opposed to Trump’s statements and actions while in office And continued demonization of the Central Park 5?  Republican are smoking what Foxnews is selling if they’re believing any of this nonsense.
Trump against probably literally the rest of field, save for Pete, would not be able to cloud this issue.  But against Bloomberg, this comment is a step away from the super predator comment, which was way older when Hill ran.  

What did Bloomberg mean by this quote?

“95% of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops.”

Might help to have some context.
https://newsone.com/3902125/bloomberg-racist-speech-black-voters-poll/

The edited, minute-long clip from a speech Bloomberg gave to the Aspen Institute in 2015 echoed his other previous defenses of “stop and frisk,” an unconstitutional policing tactic that disproportionately targeted Black and brown people — a policy for which he is widely credited with being the architect and chief enforcer during his three terms leading New York City. On the clip, which undoubtedly was uploaded and circulated online by some of Bloomberg’s political rivals, features Bloomberg espousing some damningly racist rhetoric about how he identifies criminals.

“Ninety-five percent of murders — murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops,” Bloomberg can be heard saying in his unmistakable and signature nasal tone. “They are male, minorities, 16-25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city (inaudible). And that’s where the real crime is. You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed.”

He went on in the same speech to say cities “spend the money to put a lot of cops on the streets.” Put those cops where the crime is, which means minority neighborhoods. Bloomberg then defended “arresting kids for marijuana that are all minorities.”

Would someone who follows Mike closer than I do explain to me the evolution on his views of a public healthcare option?  He seems to now be in favor of it.
I feel like a month is enough time to respond...I'm trying to read through his proposals, but see no real meat around healthcare....anyone have a link to his policy proposal on this?

Trump, while in office, has emboldened white supremacists
no Trump has not

truth is, Bloomberg wasn't far off on what he said ... its not racist to say most serial killers are white males and its not racist to say what Bloomberg said about his city

Users who are viewing this thread