What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NHL Thread: Cappy is happy while the rest of us pray to the ping pong gods for Tuesday night (2 Viewers)

Damn it Kings.  Not the time to put together a winning streak....all though beating the quacks is always a good thing. 

I like that Donato trade for them
Yes, I do too. Unfortunately, his other moves include:

Nino for Rask

Granlund for Fiala

Re-signing Staal and picking up bums Aberg and Bitetto

Fenton is an absolute clown. And he's going to fire Boudreau. And elevate his longtime pal. The guy running the god-awful power play. So what could go wrong? Leipold will stupidly wait three or four years before finally admitting his mistake and firing Fenton. Wild won't be relevant again for 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop me if you've heard this before but the Wild have problems scoring and the power play is a disaster.  they actually looked pretty good last night which is weird for a home game where they typically get shelled these days.  well, mostly looked good since whoever gets stuck playing with Aberg and Rask is a black hole of a line.  Donato looks great and was the one Fenton trade where he actually got close to getting full value in the trade so that looks like a big win already. 

they have pretty much no shot at holding off Arizona and overtaking Colorado, especially with the remaining schedule.  they might need to win out so they are better off losing out and letting some teams pass them.  so it's a certainty they will go 2-2-1 and finish 9th, the worst spot to be. 

Nino for Rask

Granlund for Fiala

Fenton is an absolute clown. And he's going to fire Boudreau. And elevate his longtime pal. The guy running the god-awful power play. So what could go wrong? Leipold will stupidly wait three or four years before finally admitting his mistake and firing Fenton. Wild won't be relevant again for 10 years.
to be fair to Evason I think it's more personnel than it is coaching with the PP issues.  I have no idea why Brad Hunt is on this roster if you aren't going to give him 75% of the available PP time.  that's the only reason a bubble guy like him is in the NHL.  unfortunately Suter still makes all personnel decisions regardless of who is coaching.

Nino for Rask

Granlund for Fiala

I agree with you except I think Staal is still good at $3.25M. 

I’m even ok with moving Granlund for the reasons he did (bigger contract coming) but my issue again is the return. Great you get Fiala, but how about a first round pick and a second or third next year or two years from now?

Craig Leipold needs to wake up before Fenton makes another huge mistake and cans Boudreau. 

I agree with you except I think Staal is still good at $3.25M. 
turning down a 1st round pick and a player from Boston, as reported by Russo, instead of signing this same contract in July is idiotic though.  even if he costs a little more because of it or is upset and signs somewhere else.  you take that minor risk for that return in a heartbeat.

Yeah about that Kovalchuk contract ( 2 more years at 6+)....

Kovalchuk did not travel with the Kings for the start of their three-game trip through Western Canada. Back in L.A., Kovalchuk’s Instagram account showed a happy family outing, out and about with his four children enjoying ice cream cones.

Well that was interesting,... broken stick on ice for awhile.  Van player knocks it into the path of two Ducks passing to each other next to the blue line.  They award Ducks a penalty shot and Steel gets a hat trick.

JaxBill said:
Yeah about that Kovalchuk contract ( 2 more years at 6+)....

Kovalchuk did not travel with the Kings for the start of their three-game trip through Western Canada. Back in L.A., Kovalchuk’s Instagram account showed a happy family outing, out and about with his four children enjoying ice cream cones.
It's part of the Kings tanking strategy.....

Tavares with 4 goals on Monday and Draisaitl with the hat trick last night suddenly tightened up Ovie's chase for an 8th Richard Trophy. With 1 last night, Ovechkin's at 49, Draisaitl at 46 and Tavares at 45. 

Ovechkin also 1 goal from his 8th 50-goal season. Only Gretzky and Bossy have 9. Backstrom looked for him on the open-net opportunity last night, but he was covered so Backstrom took it himself. 

AcerFC said:
@Chemical X. @Cavalier

speculation that fox going back to school so he could join his favorite childhood team, the Rangers
Actually been there before with Jack Johnson.  He could have won a cup with Carolina but he listen to his parents who fleeced him.  Didn't end up well for him.

If I had a dollar for every time the Flyers have been hosed by quick whistle / intent to blow whistle bull####

@BombulieTrib: A trivia question for opening day. What two U.S. cities have an NHL team with a bigger payroll than their MLB team?

@BombulieTrib: A trivia question for opening day. What two U.S. cities have an NHL team with a bigger payroll than their MLB team?
 Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning? Those 2 MLB teams have been on a fire sale

Caps notched their 5th straight 100-point season last night, becoming only 10th team to do that in NHL history. Only 3 teams have streaks of more than 5 years. Anaheim had been on a 5-year streak, but it’s ending this year.

Detroit (12 seasons: 1999-00 through 2011-12)
Montreal (8: 1974-75 through 1981-82)
Edmonton (6: 1981-82 through 1986-87)
Anaheim (5: 2013-14 through 2017-18)
San Jose (5: 2006-07 through 2010-11)
Dallas (5: 1996-97 through 2000-01)
New Jersey (5: 1996-97 through 2000-01)
Boston (5: 1975-76 through 1979-80)
Philadelphia (5: 1973-74 through 1977-78)
Washington (2014- )

Since the start of the 2014 season, the Caps are 251-113-42, first in the NHL in wins and points. Still so freakin happy they won the Cup last year so we can look at that as the culmination of a great era, rather than having them be the embodiment of a team that never got it done when it mattered.

Caps notched their 5th straight 100-point season last night, becoming only 10th team to do that in NHL history. Only 3 teams have streaks of more than 5 years. Anaheim had been on a 5-year streak, but it’s ending this year.

Detroit (12 seasons: 1999-00 through 2011-12)
Montreal (8: 1974-75 through 1981-82)
Edmonton (6: 1981-82 through 1986-87)
Anaheim (5: 2013-14 through 2017-18)
San Jose (5: 2006-07 through 2010-11)
Dallas (5: 1996-97 through 2000-01)
New Jersey (5: 1996-97 through 2000-01)
Boston (5: 1975-76 through 1979-80)
Philadelphia (5: 1973-74 through 1977-78)
Washington (2014- )

Since the start of the 2014 season, the Caps are 251-113-42, first in the NHL in wins and points. Still so freakin happy they won the Cup last year so we can look at that as the culmination of a great era, rather than having them be the embodiment of a team that never got it done when it mattered.
Moderator, can I be allowed to give this post 10 likes?

Users who are viewing this thread