What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife Is Beating Breast Cancer (1 Viewer)

Oncologist visit today. The blood tests that show how the liver is doing came back even higher than the last one. So, we are skipping this week of treatment as well. Dr says that he thinks the drugs are still going through his system and it just hadn't peaked yet. A bunch of tests next week... will do the blood test again Mon and the expectation is that it will be lower then- if not they will add another test on top of the other tests Tuesday.

This has been a busy week. A lot of tests and a lot of Dr appointments.

She completely skipped the previous two weeks of treatment because her liver wasn't doing so good. The levels have gone down but not yet back in normal levels so we went back to treatment this weeks but on the HER2 meds and no chemo to continue to let the liver recover.

The tests confirmed that the tumors are shrinking. One went from 2 something to .9 and they said to the level it may be benign now. From the tests there was a little concern... concern isn't really the right word I think.... that there are some nods in the lungs. The test showed it grew but the Dr thinks it is a difference in the machines- the first one not being as sharp (assuming a newer machine) as the previous test and that is most likely calcium deposits but that we want to keep an eye on them.

We have another appointment with the surgeon next week and then following up with the Oncologist to see how the skipping treatments and tests will either change or not the treatment plan. Also, they have to check the clinical trial to see what is allowed or not within the trial. From what I can tell the trial may be more strict that what the Dr recommendations are likely to be.

So things are trending in the right direction. She has been in a good mood... not tearing my head off for no reason. (There was one occasion that we got the meal tree dropped off but there was confusion about it as it wasn't what they said they were dropping off, it was delivery from a restaurant and said 'chicken parm for 2'... my daughter is looking through it and says something like it looked like more food than for two. I replied to her 'I dunno, that is what Mommy said' and then she exploded 'HERE! It has a receipt! I can read! I am not stupid' towards me and then stormed off. I was like.... uh.... that escalated quickly). And she even took our daughter to her volleyball games last weekend as I was busy with my son and his basketball team. She opted to do that rather than ask for help.

I changed the title because screw it... she doesn't have it, she is beating the crap out of this thing. It picked the wrong women to screw with.

My bday is coming up so I did that FB donation thing for Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Foundation which is focused on research. It has a 4 start 91% rating on Charity Navigator. I am MUCh more comfortable asking for people to support this than I am taking help personally. (I haven't decided if that is a flaw of mine or not but I will worry about that later). If ya'll want to donate to it that would be awesome. I dunno if you have to be friends with me to donate.... I don't think so but happily would accept any friend requests... just let me know you are from FBG because I ignore most requests with a ton of industry types looking to recruit or mortgage lead gen people looking to sell me etc.

She completely skipped the previous two weeks of treatment because her liver wasn't doing so good. The levels have gone down but not yet back in normal levels so we went back to treatment this weeks but on the HER2 meds and no chemo to continue to let the liver recover.

The tests confirmed that the tumors are shrinking. One went from 2 something to .9 and they said to the level it may be benign now. From the tests there was a little concern... concern isn't really the right word I think.... that there are some nods in the lungs. The test showed it grew but the Dr thinks it is a difference in the machines- the first one not being as sharp (assuming a newer machine) as the previous test and that is most likely calcium deposits but that we want to keep an eye on them.

We have another appointment with the surgeon next week and then following up with the Oncologist to see how the skipping treatments and tests will either change or not the treatment plan. Also, they have to check the clinical trial to see what is allowed or not within the trial. From what I can tell the trial may be more strict that what the Dr recommendations are likely to be.

So things are trending in the right direction. She has been in a good mood... not tearing my head off for no reason. (There was one occasion that we got the meal tree dropped off but there was confusion about it as it wasn't what they said they were dropping off, it was delivery from a restaurant and said 'chicken parm for 2'... my daughter is looking through it and says something like it looked like more food than for two. I replied to her 'I dunno, that is what Mommy said' and then she exploded 'HERE! It has a receipt! I can read! I am not stupid' towards me and then stormed off. I was like.... uh.... that escalated quickly). And she even took our daughter to her volleyball games last weekend as I was busy with my son and his basketball team. She opted to do that rather than ask for help.

I changed the title because screw it... she doesn't have it, she is beating the crap out of this thing. It picked the wrong women to screw with.

My bday is coming up so I did that FB donation thing for Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Foundation which is focused on research. It has a 4 start 91% rating on Charity Navigator. I am MUCh more comfortable asking for people to support this than I am taking help personally. (I haven't decided if that is a flaw of mine or not but I will worry about that later). If ya'll want to donate to it that would be awesome. I dunno if you have to be friends with me to donate.... I don't think so but happily would accept any friend requests... just let me know you are from FBG because I ignore most requests with a ton of industry types looking to recruit or mortgage lead gen people looking to sell me etc.
Did the link turn into German for you guys too? :lmao: I checked the link, it works right for me at least.

Did the link turn into German for you guys too? :lmao: I checked the link, it works right for me at least.
Ya

Ya
gut

Big milestone today. Last infusion treatment at least for a while. She now has a few weeks of no treatments and being able to heal up with a surgery tentatively planned for March 20th as the next big step. Some doctor appointments and some minor test stuff (like blood draws) but it will be a nice rest for her now and not get pounded weekly with chemo and HER2 meds. Very happy.

I don't recall if I mentioned this before but our kids school set up a meal tree for us (side note- if you ever have anyone you know go through something like this, helping out in this way is a HUGE help. I had no idea how much of a help it would be. We have felt... awkward, I guess is the best work for it, in accepting this help but I had no idea how much of a help it would be going into all of this. When I was told about it, I was thinking 'Oh, that is nice way for them to show they care' but didn't compute how much having meals taken care of through the week would be to just take something off the table of having to deal with... so very much encourage you to take part or help those you know in this way). They set up a site that had a meal schedule where we get dinner brought to us Mon, Wed and Thursday and then there were other options where people could buy gift cards for instacart, brubhub, Chipotle, Domino's, etc and then also some meals shipped.... so we have these meals dropped off and they often are very generous in portions so we have left overs and they carry us through more than just those three nights. Then filling in when there is not so much food or whatever, we have used the gift cards inbetween and occasional meals from my wife (she enjoys cooking so when she is feeling up to it will do something) or my daughter or one of my throwing something together (not exactly cooking). So.... about a week ago or so, one of the mothers from the school reached out to me and said that a bunch of the mothers from my sons 4th grade class were talking about how else they could help and thought about lunches. So they offered to buy hot lunches for our kids for the month if we thought that would help. We talked and agreed it would be just one more thing to take off the 'to do list' which as noted above, is hugely helpful beyond what you would think if you haven't... and I hope you don't.... experience something like this. So, a little later she lets me know that Feb was taken care of and we could talk later about later months. Ok, great.. thanks! A few more days go by and I get a text from her letting me know that the parents of the 4th grade basketball teams (there are three including the one I coach for my son) decided to cover the entire rest of the year. :jawdrop: It floored me.

My kids go to a Catholic private school. Before ahead of making the choice of where my kids would go was something that I was reluctant to send them there. The particular school is the same that my wife (who is Catholic) and all her siblings we to growing up. So, she was the one pushing it. For me, I grew up in public school and I am not Catholic. Plus, it always seemed to me that the really screwed up kids went to private school, so I was reluctant. I conceded when public school teachers that were clients of mine explained to me why they sent their kids to private school and then my wife said her Dad would pay (I am pretty sure that this is not true though- lol). The school has been great but the community of them supporting us has been something that truly makes me thankful for having sent my kids there. It isn't just because of how they have rallied around us and supported us through this time but that brings the positives of this in laser focus. Sure they are getting a better education above that of what they would get at public school (even at a very good district like ours) but the kids and our family have a true community around us. I also love the kids my children are classmates and friends with as I interact with them at their sports. Very thankful.

Similarly, you guys have been awesome. I have gotten so many private messages well beyond all the support and love here in this thread. Going above just well wishes and offering unbelievable help alogn with it. Even though I have been around for 25 odd ish years here, I really did not expect the amount of support and love given by all of you. I thought I could come in here and throw up verbally to just get it all out. Whether someone read it or not, I did not really even consider. The response has been beyond what I would have thought. It truly makes a difference.

The nurse mentioned she can tell me wife has a lot of support in a way of giving me props. She did go on to say how she can tell when people have good support and those who don't. As much as my wife has been supported by many people- I have been supported by you guys and others. Again, thank you. I can't emphasize how it really does help.

We have a long road to go. After surgery there will be radiation. After the radiation then there will be more infusion treatments.... hopefully just the HER2 meds and not chemo but that all depends on how everything goes from here with surgery and radiation.

So happy to hear @Chadstroma!

Your comments about initially feeling awkward about accepting help really hits home with me. But you are right, it is truly helpful, and we found that it's also helpful to those who are giving. People always ask "how can I help?", and this is a good way for them to do so.

Big milestone today. Last infusion treatment at least for a while. She now has a few weeks of no treatments and being able to heal up with a surgery tentatively planned for March 20th as the next big step. Some doctor appointments and some minor test stuff (like blood draws) but it will be a nice rest for her now and not get pounded weekly with chemo and HER2 meds. Very happy.

I don't recall if I mentioned this before but our kids school set up a meal tree for us (side note- if you ever have anyone you know go through something like this, helping out in this way is a HUGE help. I had no idea how much of a help it would be. We have felt... awkward, I guess is the best work for it, in accepting this help but I had no idea how much of a help it would be going into all of this. When I was told about it, I was thinking 'Oh, that is nice way for them to show they care' but didn't compute how much having meals taken care of through the week would be to just take something off the table of having to deal with... so very much encourage you to take part or help those you know in this way). They set up a site that had a meal schedule where we get dinner brought to us Mon, Wed and Thursday and then there were other options where people could buy gift cards for instacart, brubhub, Chipotle, Domino's, etc and then also some meals shipped.... so we have these meals dropped off and they often are very generous in portions so we have left overs and they carry us through more than just those three nights. Then filling in when there is not so much food or whatever, we have used the gift cards inbetween and occasional meals from my wife (she enjoys cooking so when she is feeling up to it will do something) or my daughter or one of my throwing something together (not exactly cooking). So.... about a week ago or so, one of the mothers from the school reached out to me and said that a bunch of the mothers from my sons 4th grade class were talking about how else they could help and thought about lunches. So they offered to buy hot lunches for our kids for the month if we thought that would help. We talked and agreed it would be just one more thing to take off the 'to do list' which as noted above, is hugely helpful beyond what you would think if you haven't... and I hope you don't.... experience something like this. So, a little later she lets me know that Feb was taken care of and we could talk later about later months. Ok, great.. thanks! A few more days go by and I get a text from her letting me know that the parents of the 4th grade basketball teams (there are three including the one I coach for my son) decided to cover the entire rest of the year. :jawdrop: It floored me.

My kids go to a Catholic private school. Before ahead of making the choice of where my kids would go was something that I was reluctant to send them there. The particular school is the same that my wife (who is Catholic) and all her siblings we to growing up. So, she was the one pushing it. For me, I grew up in public school and I am not Catholic. Plus, it always seemed to me that the really screwed up kids went to private school, so I was reluctant. I conceded when public school teachers that were clients of mine explained to me why they sent their kids to private school and then my wife said her Dad would pay (I am pretty sure that this is not true though- lol). The school has been great but the community of them supporting us has been something that truly makes me thankful for having sent my kids there. It isn't just because of how they have rallied around us and supported us through this time but that brings the positives of this in laser focus. Sure they are getting a better education above that of what they would get at public school (even at a very good district like ours) but the kids and our family have a true community around us. I also love the kids my children are classmates and friends with as I interact with them at their sports. Very thankful.

Similarly, you guys have been awesome. I have gotten so many private messages well beyond all the support and love here in this thread. Going above just well wishes and offering unbelievable help alogn with it. Even though I have been around for 25 odd ish years here, I really did not expect the amount of support and love given by all of you. I thought I could come in here and throw up verbally to just get it all out. Whether someone read it or not, I did not really even consider. The response has been beyond what I would have thought. It truly makes a difference.

The nurse mentioned she can tell me wife has a lot of support in a way of giving me props. She did go on to say how she can tell when people have good support and those who don't. As much as my wife has been supported by many people- I have been supported by you guys and others. Again, thank you. I can't emphasize how it really does help.

We have a long road to go. After surgery there will be radiation. After the radiation then there will be more infusion treatments.... hopefully just the HER2 meds and not chemo but that all depends on how everything goes from here with surgery and radiation.
I am super happy for you and thank you for helping me in my private messages :hifive:

So happy to hear @Chadstroma!

Your comments about initially feeling awkward about accepting help really hits home with me. But you are right, it is truly helpful, and we found that it's also helpful to those who are giving. People always ask "how can I help?", and this is a good way for them to do so.
I am not sure it is initial.... still.... our conversation when we were first approached about having the hot meals paid for the kids went something like (simplified)....

They are asking us if this would be helpful.

OMG, really? That is so nice.... but I feel so bad.

I know me too.

But it would be very helpful actually.

I know.

Ok, tell them yes.

I am super happy for you and thank you for helping me in my private messages :hifive:
Thanks, just happy for the outcome for you guys

• Love
Reactions: KGB
Glad to hear things are progressing as expected with good outcomes and no setbacks Chad. And just know that even if a lot of us aren't posting after every update doesn't mean we all aren't opening up this thread to find out the current progress/situation every time it gets bumped hoping for continued good news. We are all rooting for both of you and are very interested in these updates. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear things are progressing as expected with good outcomes and no setbacks Chad. And just know that even if a lot of us aren't posting after every update doesn't mean we all aren't opening up this thread to find out the current progress/situation every time it gets bumped hoping for continued good news. We are all rooting for both of you and are very interested in these updates. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Oh yea... I don't expect replies to "she had a test and all is good" updates. I mean, there isn't much to say on that really. I do appreciate the thoughtfulness of bringing that up though and reinforcing that!

Argh.... she just told me that they are going to give her another infusion next week. Mostly precautionary from what I can tell. The oncologist didn't like the amount of time between the last treatment and the surgery so wanted to get another one done. She was just starting to rebound from the side effects and that will obviously take that back. I was excited that she would get a few weeks of a break before the surgery but she will not get a full break. So, one more infusion leading to the surgery now.

Argh.... she just told me that they are going to give her another infusion next week. Mostly precautionary from what I can tell. The oncologist didn't like the amount of time between the last treatment and the surgery so wanted to get another one done. She was just starting to rebound from the side effects and that will obviously take that back. I was excited that she would get a few weeks of a break before the surgery but she will not get a full break. So, one more infusion leading to the surgery now.
I get reminded often how long this journey is. Hang in there brother. You're in my prayers.

I am struggling.

My wife informed me that she decided to get a double mastectomy including nipples with no reconstruction. The doctors had said she only needed the one mastectomy and the nipples could be saved. Her reasoning on this was that she was reading on the message boards of women who had reoccurrence of cancer in the nipple after a mastectomy. She doesn't want to go through this again and obviously fearful of it coming back and killing her (though she didn't say the last part, it has to be a factor, understandably).

I am really having a hard time. I feel like this will kill our sex life and basically I am going to move forward in life with no sex until I die. Our sex life was poor before cancer and zero since. I understand with cancer as she can't possibly feel like it. She now says that the reason before was because of cancer in her body and messing with her hormones which the Doctors said was possible. I feel like a big reason for it was how she felt about herself as she has gained weight over the years. She doesn't feel good, doesn't feel sexy and then doesn't want it. It doesn't have anything to do with me or how I see her.

I think she is being driven by fear from reading women who have had that happen to them... but I see that as something like good and bad reviews. Unless prompted the people who are more likely to provide a review are the people who are pissed off.... also, it is kind of like proving a negative.... I mean, women are not going to start a thread on a message board about NOT having cancer come back in their nipples and then have women come in and say "Me too! No cancer in my nipples!"

She mentioned that another thing on the board was all these women saying how their men treated them like monsters... I have to wonder how many of those women were feeling that about themselves and then projected it on their men. Of course, there absolutely would be men who would react that way. Though I have no plans on seeing my wife or treating her as a monster, I have to be honest and say that it absolutely will be hard for me to be attracted to her. Just admitting that makes me feel like a big jerk with stronger language not allowed here. I love her and will love her no matter what she looks like. For better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and in health... I own that. I would be much more comfortable with this if it was what the doctors said needed to be done but with her opting for this, I am really having a hard time.

An example of how I feel like this is an absolutely no win situation for me is that after she told me is her reactions. First thing I said to her was "well, it is your body." and her reaction was "good answer" in a way that was.... hard to explain.... maybe antagonistic.... like "damn right". Also, I told her shortly after that I felt like this would be the end of sex for us and before I could explain, she cut me off and said "well, if you don't want to have sex, that is you." placing the blame on me right away.

I am no doctor but I went online and tried to find information from you know.... people who know things.... I see nothing about extra risk of nipples. She doesn't want the reconstruction because she doesn't want the extra surgery involved.

I feel like I am in a no win situation. If I push further then I am the unsupportive husband that only cares about how she looks.... if I don't then she gets this done and it is not reversible and I believe will have a big impact on her and then our marriage.

Other than hearing the cancer with her this is easily the hardest thing for me in this whole thing.

Does your cancer center have councilors? You could both use them, I think.

Studies show that breast cancer rarely reoccurs in the nipple.

See here.

JAMA has the skinny.

But none of this helps if she isn't ready to hear it. I think we're back to talking to doctors and a therapy group. You might also want to do this on your own with spouses of said group.

I have no idea what to say here. I'm more in the Spock (Vulcan, not doctor) group here, so it's hard to imagine this for me. On the other hand, I can research with the best of them. Let me know if I can help somehow.

God, cancer sucks. Obviously, her health is the foremost consideration here, and I can certainly understand her desire to minimize the number of surgeries. The impact that will have on your sex life is a casualty, but it sounds like that area of your marriage was already crumbling even before cancer. Unfortunately, voicing your concern with her latest decision will feed any "monster" feelings she's already having, so I don't see how you can talk this through effectively. She's really scared and all you can really do is support her decision.

When she goes into remission, perhaps you can talk about plastic surgery, prosthetics, or other options. I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this.

I wonder if you go into science mode during these times. Mr R does. He keeps apologizing because he thinks I might think he doesn't care. But I find it really comforting. People running around like headless chickens drive me nuts. Is it possible that your coping mechanism is something that triggers her or that she doesn't get? Might be worth an explanation.

Stand tall, Chad. All are vessels to dust. She is your queen regardless. Love her beyond frailty. And yourself beyond weakness. You are a good man. You are a strong man. Wishing and sending you energy. Tonight and tomorrow.

After several days of me going crazy.... trying to figure out how to tell me wife that I think she is crazy because of fear...

She tells me today that at the Doctors appointment (basically the only appointment I did not attend with her) when she told them her decision the Doctor looked at her like she was crazy. Long story short.... the Doctor agreed that she could do the double mastectomy but then do reconstruction or at least prepare it since they won't be able to do it for a year afterwards anyways. More importantly was saving the nipple being no risk. So, now when she has the surgery, she is going to have the 'spacers' or whatever they are put in. She can still decide later to not do the reconstruction if she wishes and keeping the nipples, which to me was the biggest thing as there is no going back from that.

It is good news.... but she has NO idea how this has been a burden on me that last few days. I been really trying to figure out how to approach it basically saying that everything I am seeing says there is NO extra risk but there is a TON of extra issues with psychological impact and marriage impact. There was no doubt in my mind that she would see herself as 'deficient' and then that would get projected on to me.... not intentionally but that is just human nature.

Hard to know which way to go there, but if possible use the oncologist as a sounding board on her fears. The rest of it sounds like the fear is just oozing out of her and onto you.
This was the way to go... but she told me that morning on the way to the appointment with the plastic surgeon and I had no time or way to react. I am just glad the Doc didn't just say "ok"

I wonder if you go into science mode during these times. Mr R does. He keeps apologizing because he thinks I might think he doesn't care. But I find it really comforting. People running around like headless chickens drive me nuts. Is it possible that your coping mechanism is something that triggers her or that she doesn't get? Might be worth an explanation.
No, I am not that much of a science guy but I am more of a "logic" guy.
I think this was about her and her fears and doubled.... trippled or more by reading message boards. She heard different things that I did in the appointment and then she thinks I don't pay attention or am wrong but she is the one that is mistaken. So, if I say, they said A, B and C then I get a "you weren't listening" tongue lashing then later when I am confirmed to be right she just says "I am still messed up with chemo"..... soooooo unfair but oh well. That is a minor burden to bear versus what she is actually going through.

Your wife is going down the same path my wife took...double mastectomy (even though cancer in only one), no reconstruction. She wanted to make sure she attacked the cancer hard...completely and thoroughly...so that she didn't have to deal with it ever again. She originally was going to do reconstruction, but then changed her mind as she simply did not want another procedure and wanted to be done with it all. It does take a little getting used to the physical changes, but you may be happy to know, 4 years down the road now, we still have sex. It doesn't need to be the end, GB.

Your wife is going down the same path my wife took...double mastectomy (even though cancer in only one), no reconstruction. She wanted to make sure she attacked the cancer hard...completely and thoroughly...so that she didn't have to deal with it ever again. She originally was going to do reconstruction, but then changed her mind as she simply did not want another procedure and wanted to be done with it all. It does take a little getting used to the physical changes, but you may be happy to know, 4 years down the road now, we still have sex. It doesn't need to be the end, GB.
So tell her. That's part of why the prexence of a therapist/counselor would be helpful.
I was going to tell her that if she went that route then she would have to go to a therapist and/or marriage therapist after.

She is very much the same mind. She wants zero chance of going through this again. The nipples thing was just because of reading of message boards of women who ended up having it come back around there but from everything I can see, being not a Doctor, it seems that nipple or not, it has to do with the cancer cells around the good tissue. It could reoccur in any 'flesh' (I am sure that isn't the right word). I was thinking of it like.... a woman isn't going to go on a message board sand say "I had a mastectomy and my nips are fine!" but yea, you would have women say "I had the procedure and they never said anything about the nipples being a risk and I have cancer again".

I would be fine with the no reconstruction though honestly, I prefer she get it. Yes, for me but also for her. From what I see, most women have psychological struggles without. Beyond the sex part but directly impacting me on that and then I really felt like I would end up being blamed. And I mentioned to her before, as she gained some weight, our sex life lessened because she didn't feel sexy.... there is no doubt in my mind that would be the same if not more with no reconstruction.

The biggest concern for me before was the nipples. That was a no going back thing where as no rescontruction now can be changed later (though harder to do later).

But with keeping the nipples and getting the spacers then she has a year to decide on what she wants to do. Which I am very happy about. Reconstruction or no... MUCH better than her kamikaze get rid of it all she was thinking before.

She wants zero chance of going through this again.
That is not a possible answer. The chance can be lessened, but not eliminated. She needs to talk with her doctor about this.
She understands that. That was her frame of mind though in terms of making her choices... she doesn't want to go through this again so she was willing to do whatever she needed to do in order to achieve that which which in her mind was the double mastectomy and losing the nipples. No reconstruction was more about her not wanting to do more surgeries and then in her head (totally wrong) she would not get reconstruction on both or had to pay for the other side or something.... I dunno. Chemo brain is a helluva thing.

Surgery is Monday.

She will stay the night over at the hospital.

I just found out that both of her sisters will be staying and I will be kicked out of my own bedroom and sleeping with my boys in their room. Fun.

Surgery is Monday.

She will stay the night over at the hospital.

I just found out that both of her sisters will be staying and I will be kicked out of my own bedroom and sleeping with my boys in their room. Fun.
Will be thinking about you and your family Chad

Stay positive GB, you've got this

No reason to start another thread on this...

But if you are ever in a waiting room for the surgical area of a large hospital, don't get on your phone to call WalMart and spend 20 minutes yelling at some manager as if they are right on front of you about how rude the associates are. I am sure everyone's nerves are on edge already... no one needs to hear that.

But if you are ever in a waiting room for the surgical area of a large hospital, don't get on your phone to call WalMart and spend 20 minutes yelling at some manager as if they are right on front of you about how rude the associates are. I am sure everyone's nerves are on edge already... no one needs to hear that.
Seems oddly specific... other folks are the worst. Hang in there GB. Looking forward to an update later if you have time. Thoughts and prayers regardless.

Banned in the waiting room I was in. They seemed pretty strict about it.

Seems oddly specific... other folks are the worst. Hang in there GB. Looking forward to an update later if you have time. Thoughts and prayers regardless.
Very oddly specific. :hot:

The waiting room has cleared out mostly. I moved to a better spot on the opposite side of the very large, spacious waiting room. She, of course, is one of the people here the longest with me and made a couple of other phone calls. I clearly heard her whole side of the conversation about 50 ft away.

Surgery complete.

I haven't talked to the plastic surgeon yet but the cancer surgeon (don't know the real name) said it went well. They will do their tests on everything and we should have more info on things like if other lymph nodes had cancer or not and if the cancer was killed or still residual etc. Should see her soon.

Glad to hear the positive report from the Oncologist. Another hurdle overcome in the marathon. Pathology reports will likely take a couple days if I recall.

T&P GB... my wife had partial mastectomys (lumpectomy and partial on the other side to make it match). She's 5+ years cancer free. The drugs she'll be on can mess with her hormones somewhat, but they can regulate that. I know every case is different, but there is hope as our sex life is the same as beforehand. Hang in there Chad...

Users who are viewing this thread