What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Deadline Thread (1 Viewer)

ChuckLiddell

Footballguy
If this is redundant, please let me know and I will delete - I didnt see one on first glance.

Deadline is today at 4 EST - looks like we may see some movement with D. Thomas, Shady, or D. Parker as well as perhaps some others that may be less obvious.  Feel free to post rumors, opinions, wish lists, or real news as it happens and how you feel it will impact the player's values as well as the other players that may be impacted by the moves.

I have no news that isnt readily available, but the low hanging fruit seems to be D. Thomas to Houston.  With Fuller down, it just makes sense.   Would be good news for Watson and for Sanders and Sutton.

Shady to Philly makes so much sense.  Cannot imagine why Buffalo would want to keep him around, and Philly could obviously use him for a run.

What else you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Sutton in the one league I have that runs waivers on Tuesdays, just hoping that Sanders or Thomas are traded. 

I expect there to be a handful of trades made, but probably only one that will impact fantasy and it'll probably be someone that we least expect.  Seems every time we get our hopes up about big fantasy impact trades it's all bark no bite. 

Demaryious getting traded to Texas

ETA-and he'd debut against Denver. That's kind of cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not completed, but Schefter says there are talks going on for Dante Fowler and Ty Montgomery.
Also, and maybe not related to trade plans, but Seattle released Brandon Marshall

Can any of these rentals get up to speed fast enough to be an upgrade over the player they are replacing in the lineup?  Especially WRs, who seem to struggle in their first year after changing teams after getting the entire off-season.

King of the Jungle said:
Bummer, was hoping Devante Parker would find a new home.
He's having too much fun making Gase look like a fool.  Why is Gase the only coach in the league who has to bench his most talented players because they don't get along with/respect him enough?  

I'm wondering if there will even be any more activity before the deadline.
Lots of talk radio chatter about my Lions buy, sell etc... I think they are just good enough to stand pat OR get themselves a proven pass rusher. I honestly believe that if they could have gotten to the QB a bit more during the 4th Q they may be 5-2 instead of 3-3-1.

Chandler Jones, Von Miller, or perhaps Vic Beasley at the right prices sound nice.

Lots of talk radio chatter about my Lions buy, sell etc... I think they are just good enough to stand pat OR get themselves a proven pass rusher. I honestly believe that if they could have gotten to the QB a bit more during the 4th Q they may be 5-2 instead of 3-3-1.

Chandler Jones, Von Miller, or perhaps Vic Beasley at the right prices sound nice.
The Lions are an interesting case. They're much better than their record indicates, and a couple of their games could've gone either way. If they add the right complementary piece, they could turn things around still this season.

Didn’t even get all that much from the Vikings.
T.J. Hockenson, a 2023 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2024 fourth-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for a 2023 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick.

Although the lions got the better end of their draft day trade, these teams seem to work well together 🤷

Would have thought he would be part of their build.

Another head scratching move by the Lions, especially in their division. Does this mean Williams is close to returning?

Another head scratching move by the Lions, especially in their division. Does this mean Williams is close to returning?

More like the Vikes have a 3.5-game lead in the division after eight weeks, and the Lions are already looking toward next season.

I don't know that its that surprising. Seems like they decided not to pay him the big money he will likely command. So they got what they could for a trade.
The Lions would have owed him over $9 million next year by having already picked up his 5th year option. Certainly seems like they didn't want to pay him that, but they still are incurring about $5 million of dead cap space by trading him. Tough to figure out what the motivation is.

This is why the Lions are the Lions and for me that dates back to the 60s as a kid. They have almost always sucked as a franchise in my lifetime. Perhaps they know something we don't about Hockenson?

Users who are viewing this thread