What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 They’re Sitting My Guy Or Altering His Role Commiseration Thread (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
I’ve got Davante. Rode him to a title match, now Stidham starts. Have Zeke, too, and even though it makes no sense, his role is questionable even though it shouldn’t be. Also have Sutton, whose team just fired his coach.

What do you have?

I seem to be very fortunate in that all of my offensive players have something to play for.

I'm a bit concerned about my 2 Colts defenders, Okereke & Buckner - they rotated a bit more last week than normal resulting in a lower snap count. Also worried about Myles Garrett, who was benched to start last week's game due to some disciplinary thing of unknown f***ery. I am tempted to bench him for Sieler, but that's less than ideal. Browns have nothing to play for here.

My one offensive concern is Sutton - I am starting Gabe Davis over him, and in PPR I could easily see this one biting me in the a**.

I agree the late season ambiguity stinks.

My LCG opponent's team is littered with players who's fortunes have changed, Jacobs the largest looming piece. So I guess it balances out.

Have Zeke, too, and even though it makes no sense, his role is questionable even though it shouldn’t be.
I don't see this as true. Pollard is nursing a thigh injury, and Dallas can still improve their status. EZE should have a sizable role this week. What are you basing this on?

What are you basing this on?

Great question. I have no idea, but that seems to be the way the chatter was going online. I thought Dallas would definitely have something to play for. I'm pretty sure that the chatter is wrong and the math (the standings) are correct, but one never knows. It is Jerry Jones after all. That it is Thursday night and in doubt is a drag. I thought Pollard would be the guy who the big questions were about.

If I misread the tea leaves, I don't want to alarm anybody. Seems like Zeke should be a solid start (albeit against a wicked tough Titans run defense) if Pollard is out. If Pollard plays and they split carries, against that defense? Not so much of a solid start.

But Adams is a whole different story. Plus I also have Sutton, and he has nothing to play for.

This is really a thread to suss out who is starting, who isn't, and to kick around possibilities for starts or waiver wire pickups.

Peace.

What are you basing this on?

Great question. I have no idea, but that seems to be the way the chatter was going online. I thought Dallas would definitely have something to play for. I'm pretty sure that the chatter is wrong and the math (the standings) are correct, but one never knows. It is Jerry Jones after all. That it is Thursday night and in doubt is a drag. I thought Pollard would be the guy who the big questions were about.

If I misread the tea leaves, I don't want to alarm anybody. Seems like Zeke should be a solid start (albeit against a wicked tough Titans run defense) if Pollard is out. If Pollard plays and they split carries, against that defense? Not so much of a solid start.

But Adams is a whole different story. Plus I also have Sutton, and he has nothing to play for.

This is really a thread to suss out who is starting, who isn't, and to kick around possibilities for starts or waiver wire pickups.

Peace.
Start Zeke!

Bench Adams.

Sutton, other than the hammy, seems relatively safe.

I’ve got Davante. Rode him to a title match, now Stidham starts. Have Zeke, too, and even though it makes no sense, his role is questionable even though it shouldn’t be. Also have Sutton, whose team just fired his coach.

What do you have?

Good idea for a thread.
This time of year usually has a handful of these guys in crucial matchups.

I actually have Davante Adams in one START 3 WRs league.....and I'm playing for 3rd place money. ***look below post..... I really don't see any way I can bench him in that start 3 format. But I don't like it.

More of a concern, is I have JUSTIN HERBERT there too. :shock: Now he has been outright dreadful the last 2 weeks, and now I believe they are in the playoffs, with little to play for. (Not sure on this one, but regardless its vs. the Rams who are mailing it in now.......could be an Ekeler/Joshua Kelley-fest)

If the Chargers have something substantial to play for then I will feel better about it.
If I opt not to start Herbert, I snagged MAC JONES off the wire just in case. The Pats are playing Miami in what could be a great matchup.

*** - The team I'm rolling out for 3rd place money, had Diggs, Adams and Diontae Johnson combine for 16 pts there, aided by 5.5 by Herbert and a Gerald Everett ZERO last week. One of the worst totals I have ever seen across the board in our leagues. That said, Adams has been good most of the season, so no complaints other than last week.

Hard to bench Adams. Really difficult. But with a backup QB against SFO, one might have to sit one's stud.
It’s certainly less than ideal.

My opponent who has Jacobs has made it known that he’s also not thrilled about this situation.

Sorry my friend. Adams was worth every bit of his draft capital in redraft - just one of those flukey things.

What do you have?

Good idea for a thread.

I actually have Davante Adams in one START 3 WRs league.....and I'm playing for 3rd place money. ***look below post..... I really don't see any way I can bench him in that start 3 format. But I don't like it.

More of a concern, is I have JUSTIN HERBERT there too. :shock: Now he has been outright dreadful the last 2 weeks, and now I believe they are in the playoffs, with little to play for. (Not sure on this one, but regardless its vs. the Rams who are mailing it in now.......could be an Ekeler/Joshua Kelley-fest)

If the Chargers have something substantial to play for then I will feel better about it.
If I opt not to start Herbert, I snagged MAC JONES off the wire just in case. The Pats are playing Miami in what could be a great matchup.

*** - The team I'm rolling out for 3rd place money, had Diggs, Adams and Diontae Johnson combine for 16 pts there, aided by 5.5 by Herbert and a Gerald Everett ZERO last week. One of the worst totals I have ever seen across the board in our leagues. That said, Adams has been good most of the season, so no complaints other than last week.
IIRC the chargers can improve their lot with wins, and with some timely losses by other teams. IMO Herbert is a start this week.

Eke has a knee thing, and was limited today - and last week they were using Kelley a lot on 3rd downs. I’d be more concerned as an Eke shareholder than Herbert this week.

Half a game from Herbert is probably worth more than a full game from Mac Jones. Maybe that helps to talk you off of this particular ledge

Sorry my friend. Adams was worth every bit of his draft capital in redraft - just one of those flukey things.

Thanks. Adams was a dynasty acquisition on a stacked squad for the future that has turned into a fairly win-now squad. I gave up A.J. Dillon and Pickens for Adams and Elliott around Week Six. They're why I'm in the playoffs and doing well, but I'd really like a championship given that I gave up that sort of talent.

Thanks. Adams was a dynasty acquisition on a stacked squad for the future that has turned into a fairly win-now squad. I gave up A.J. Dillon and Pickens for Adams and Elliott around Week Six. They're why I'm in the playoffs and doing well, but I'd really like a championship given that I gave up that sort of talent.

Woof, I hate giving up Pickens AND Dillon for Adams....but part of that is probably the looming departure of Carr after this year.
I think getting him in a win now type of scenario helped you heaps, (and likely gave you a title shot opportunity, or at least helped) but if there was any way you could trade him back for those two, I'd be scurrying to do it. :excited:

That said, I'm not particularly fond of what Pickens future might be because of the QB situation there either.

That trade might actually turn out to be garbage for multiple pieces of garbage in the future, with you acquiring the one that was smelling like a rose before finally going rotten. :bowtie:

Woof, I hate giving up Pickens AND Dillon for Adams....but part of that is probably the looming departure of Carr after this year.

Yeah, I bet on certainty for this year and next vs. future greatness. It may bite me in the future, but my window to win was this year and next just the way our league is, and I decided to take the chance (and indeed made the finals).

Yeah, I bet on certainty for this year and next vs. future greatness. It may bite me in the future, but my window to win was this year and next just the way our league is, and I decided to take the chance (and indeed made the finals).
As someone who gave up a 2023 1st for Dillon, I was less than thrilled with my return until the last few weeks.

You just never know.

I know that doesn’t help you here. Pretty sure you need a stiff drink and a few hours of therapy.

But I’m pretty sure EZE is not going to be a problem for you, and Sutton is in a great matchup so long as his hammy cooperates. And hey, good news - even if Russ gets benched the replacement QB still sucks about the same? Er, I think that’s good news. :oldunsure:

Well done.
Carr leaving kills it for my money in the future. I really didn't see much production fall off, until this.
I figured Adams still had 3-4 top 5 wideout type seasons left in him (I think hes 30/31), but he will probably be on my do not draft list next season at this point.

As someone who gave up a 2023 1st for Dillon, I was less than thrilled with my return until the last few weeks.

You just never know.

The real value in Dillon is in the event of an injury to Aaron Jones, or a departure.
The best is yet to come on this one.....it just didn't work out this year.

You just never know.

The real value in Dillon is in the event of an injury to Aaron Jones, or a departure.
The best is yet to come on this one.....it just didn't work out this year.
Yep - I feel like he has a very bright future, and AJones is seemingly getting banged up more frequently as the mileage increases.

That deal was in a 16-team dynasty PPR SF IDP where I took over an orphan preseason, and made a bunch of deals to get it towards being competitive. Unfortunately by the time I did, I was an also-ran, but I’m excited to have Dillon for next season and beyond. Fields is really coming on, and I’m hopeful Hall can make a speedy return to (hopefully) a more competent Jets squad.

I think Adam's and Jacob's are full go plays. McDaniels will probably game plan better than he has all season to support his decision on Carr. I'm jot sitting either. Pollard has to sit at this point for me. Playing Zay Jones over him. Have a couple other options..Ayuik being one, but I have zero faith in Ayuik...he's being used to take the top off the defense and free up MC and Kittle.

Have Pollard,Adams and Sutton. Was liking my chances to win the championship until Carr got benched and Pollard didn't practice. If Olave or Deebo come back I can swap out Sutton

Last week I lost hurts and JT in semis in a league and this week henry along with davante downgrade. Tough

What do you have?

Good idea for a thread.

Wouldn’t the Chargers really want to keep winning and possibly get to the 5 seed? Does avoiding KC/Cin/Buffalo matter and playing the Jags/Titans Wildcard?

Have Henry, Pollard, AJones and at one point it sounded like Chubb playing was up in the air.

Dynasty league where we can still trade in playoffs so I dealt AJ Brown, Pollard, and a top 5 2nd Round Pick for ARSB, Barkley, and a lower 2nd Round Pick.

And here I thought having a week 18 would somehow eliminate this kind of crap. Tonight's game being 16 days from the first playoff game still of no help.

I think Adam's and Jacob's are full go plays. McDaniels will probably game plan better than he has all season to support his decision on Carr. I'm jot sitting either. Pollard has to sit at this point for me. Playing Zay Jones over him. Have a couple other options..Ayuik being one, but I have zero faith in Ayuik...he's being used to take the top off the defense and free up MC and Kittle.
I think they’ll be full go. But against the Niners with Stidham at the helm they could both be bricks in a lineup.

@rockaction - pollard is reportedly out.

That makes EZE a locked and loaded must start.

Where did you see that...i've seen two posts, one by pollard and another by jones that says he is playing
Right here, just a moment ago.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Tony Pollard's status is "very much in doubt" for Thursday night's game against the Titans.​

Pollard is dealing with a thigh injury and was listed as questionable on Wednesday. However, according to Pelissero, and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Pollard is trending toward being out for this one. We'll want to keep an eye out for the team's inactives prior to kickoff, but as Garafolo notes on Twitter, Pollard "is going to really have to show the #Cowboys he can go tonight in his pregame workout." If he's unable to go, Ezekiel Elliott will be in line for a heavy workload, with backup Malik Davis spelling him on occasional downs.

Those are two of the more reliable sources, from my experience.

If he’s active I wouldn’t expect a heavy workload, but it sounds like he’s trending otherwise.

@rockaction - pollard is reportedly out.

That makes EZE a locked and loaded must start.

Where did you see that...i've seen two posts, one by pollard and another by jones that says he is playing
Right here, just a moment ago.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Tony Pollard's status is "very much in doubt" for Thursday night's game against the Titans.​

Pollard is dealing with a thigh injury and was listed as questionable on Wednesday. However, according to Pelissero, and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Pollard is trending toward being out for this one. We'll want to keep an eye out for the team's inactives prior to kickoff, but as Garafolo notes on Twitter, Pollard "is going to really have to show the #Cowboys he can go tonight in his pregame workout." If he's unable to go, Ezekiel Elliott will be in line for a heavy workload, with backup Malik Davis spelling him on occasional downs.

Those are two of the more reliable sources, from my experience.

If he’s active I wouldn’t expect a heavy workload, but it sounds like he’s trending otherwise.

Thanks...doesn't sound like he is out yet but i am hoping they pull the plug early if they are going to pull the plug.

This is a pollard type game and i could see him blowing up

He’s reportedly been limited all week with the injury, and it’s a short week.

If I were a betting man, I’d bet against a blow-up Pollard week.

If he plays i'm playing him...it's a rare thing for a guy to play and be limited. If he can't play they will pull him but if he is good to go this is a perfect game for him for catches out of the backfield

I'm waiting until the official announcement is made. Tom Palissero's opinion notwithstanding, I haven't seen anything definitive.

He’s reportedly been limited all week with the injury, and it’s a short week.

If I were a betting man, I’d bet against a blow-up Pollard week.

If he plays i'm playing him...it's a rare thing for a guy to play and be limited. If he can't play they will pull him but if he is good to go this is a perfect game for him for catches out of the backfield
I don’t blame ya.

But it sure sounds like you’ll need to make other plans. The Cowboys have Zeke, and they need Pollard for the playoffs.

I can’t imagine them pushing Pollard to play at the risk of not having him when it matters

But yeah - check an hour before the game for his status. :shrug:

Per Chris Towers:
Toughest lineup decision: Ezekiel Elliott -- Start. It sounds like Tony Pollardmay be limited for this one, but it sounds like he's got a chance to play. Still, I think they're going to take it easy with him, letting Elliott take the bulk of the work. The Titans have been very stingy against running backs, allowing the third-fewest Fantasy points to the position on the season. Still, this is a very good Cowboys offense that should be able to move the ball, and we know they like to establish the run. Elliott is always a threat to score, and he might get 20 touches in this one.

The Titans already ruled out Simmons so their run defense won't be as stout as usual. Plus they have nothing to play for and are "resting" up for the "All the Marbles" game in week 18

The Titans already ruled out Simmons so their run defense won't be as stout as usual.

Right. I'd seen that in the other thread. Hooker and Cole are also out, as David Long has been for weeks. Still a professional defense. Looks like Pollard is out, so it seems like firing up the Zeke train is something I ought do. Wish me luck.

Adams, on the other hand...McDaniels's comments are getting vaguer and weirder.

What exactly is Las Vegas doing besides outright tanking?

In a dynasty final I feel like my entire lineup got torpedoed in the last three days:

- Derrick Henry and Davante Adams go without saying

- Terry McLaurin is destroyed with Wentz back

- Deebo coming back probably throws cold water on Kittle’s hot streak

- Hell, even the Denver coach getting fired has the potential to hurt Mahomes and KC as they’ll probably have that one week “new coach smell” pop and give KC a game. Would have much rather the dysfunction continued for one more week.

Good times.

I’m in a winnable championship game, but lose Henry this week and Tua. Have Bridgewater to fill in for Tua at least. It’s superflex and earlier lost Jimmy G and Tannehill. Figured I could plug in Minshew one more week but now Hurts is looking like he might make it back this week. Killer is my opponent also has Hurts. Should I be desperate enough to start Dobbs tonight or Stidham? My RBs suck without Henry and don’t have a third option, so for the superflex I’m down to one of those QBs or play both Aiyuk and JuJu.

Wow. Does anybody in here have the stones to bench Davante Adams?

I have Courtland Sutton or D'Onta Foreman ready to go in his stead. Full PPR for receivers, half PPR for RBs.

Just wondering if it makes sense to forego the inevitable heartbreak of Adams and instead roll with a guy that seems to be a sturdier proposition.

I almost started a whole thread about it, but thought it probably was too assistant coach-like for the board tonight.

I’m in a winnable championship game, but lose Henry this week and Tua. Have Bridgewater to fill in for Tua at least. It’s superflex and earlier lost Jimmy G and Tannehill. Figured I could plug in Minshew one more week but now Hurts is looking like he might make it back this week. Killer is my opponent also has Hurts. Should I be desperate enough to start Dobbs tonight or Stidham? My RBs suck without Henry and don’t have a third option, so for the superflex I’m down to one of those QBs or play both Aiyuk and JuJu.
Minshew is in.. you are in luck!

In a dynasty final I feel like my entire lineup got torpedoed in the last three days:

- Derrick Henry and Davante Adams go without saying

- Terry McLaurin is destroyed with Wentz back

- Deebo coming back probably throws cold water on Kittle’s hot streak

- Hell, even the Denver coach getting fired has the potential to hurt Mahomes and KC as they’ll probably have that one week “new coach smell” pop and give KC a game. Would have much rather the dysfunction continued for one more week.

Good times.
Deebo has been ruled out, according to my yahoo League

What do you have?

Good idea for a thread.

Start Hebert. He was pretty insistent in his post game interview that they need to get the offense clicking for the playoffs and things aren't right. Don't read the garbage FF articles/ shoddy journalism and listen to what the key players are telling you.

What do you have?

Good idea for a thread.

Start Hebert. He was pretty insistent in his post game interview that they need to get the offense clicking for the playoffs and things aren't right. Don't read the garbage FF articles/ shoddy journalism and listen to what the key players are telling you.
Because players have never lied before lol.

I'm totally lost.

Can't go Sutton because his coach said they were going to "run, run, run the ball" today and that if the running backs were tired it was a good thing.

Davante Adams vs. D'Onta Foreman, then. I'm so scared of Adams pulling the plug on the day if things don't start right.

Njoku vs. Goedert. One has seeding to play for, the other pride. NO is nasty against TEs, WAS is pretty good against them.

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread