What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texans vs Broncos - Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Texan touchdown drive to TE Thomas - DT with 2 good plays on the drive including one of his textbook bubble screens

Last edited by a moderator:
Booker with a horrible fumble

Texans make them pay - Watkins to Hopkins who was wide open

Booker with TD run around the edge - his first this year - good drive from Keenum with some key passes to LaCosse and Heurmann

Sanders down with hit to head. Flag on the play

Honey Badger with hit - he went pretty low lead with shoulder - but hit his head - hard call but this is NFL

Sanders down with hit to head. Flag on the play

Honey Badger with hit - he went pretty low lead with shoulder - but hit his head - hard call but this is NFL
I think Steriotore or however you spell it nailed it.  It wasn't lowering the head as called so that was definitely wrong.  It was a shoulder to the head which is illegal if he's a defenseless receiver.  But you have to ask if he was a runner or a defenseless receiver.  He took two steps after making the catch, so if you ask me it should have been a total no call.

I think Steriotore or however you spell it nailed it.  It wasn't lowering the head as called so that was definitely wrong.  It was a shoulder to the head which is illegal if he's a defenseless receiver.  But you have to ask if he was a runner or a defenseless receiver.  He took two steps after making the catch, so if you ask me it should have been a total no call.
I can buy that - they should just bring a spinning wheel out to mid-field and let that make the call.

Vance Joseph idiot - trys a 62 yard field goal - and the miss give the Texans the ball near mid field - two plays and Texans are trying a 45 yarder.

Calls TO - And kicker misses.

On retry - it is good

Sanders concussed?
He got back up - looked more like a neck compression - he'll be undergoing evaluation thru halftime. No word on a return yet
He already played the snap after the center was carted off.  ETA: He had a catch on it.  So either they aren't checking him or he was cleared while the center was down. 

Threads a bullet to Hueremann for TD - good drive.

After looking like poop - about to go up by one

Broncos down by 2 with 4:17 left Texans have the ball.

Broncos on bye next week - without a stop by the D this could be the last time Vance Joseph has the time of his life for some time

Broncos getting it back with 3Min + left

Broncos pick up 2 firsts - and proceed to go backwards with penalties - 1:15 left

Keenum channeling his inner Elway and picks up 2 4th down plays on a drive that is now in field goal range

McManus on for a 51y FG - NO GOOD

Good Bye Vance

I'm ready to tear O'brien's play calling apart.  Again.

Anyone want to make a guess what percent of 1st down plays they ran up the middle on?

Anyone want to make a guess what percent of 1st down plays they ran up the middle on?
What was it?

Let's see. Not counting two minute drill or 1st and long after a penalty

1st half wasn't as bad, 8 runs and 6 passes.   3 of the 8 runs were off tackle, 5 middle/guard.

2nd half was what stuck in my mind.  9 out of 10 first-and-ten plays were runs.   3 were off tackle, 6 middle/guard.   Those 9 runs were gains of -2, -1, -1, 1, 2, 2, 4 (neutralized by penalty), 5 and 6 yards.

This was my complaint about the play calling during the 3 game losing streak. When the running game wasn't working he wasn't doing much of anything to try to open it up by making LB and safety respect the pass, on 1st down, etc.  And he got very predictable when it was going to be a run.

Though to be fair, O'brien is now 27-1 when leading at the half.  So who knows, maybe he is doing something right there and I should shut up about his second half play calling.

Users who are viewing this thread