What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Saints at Texans** (+1.5, 42.5) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Titans are fun to watch.
Saints are tough and I don't think they've hit their stride yet.
It'll be tough for them this week to do that...

Best NFL Team in Texas- 27
Down on the Bayou- 26

Matchup to watch:

CJ Stroud's 0-INT streak

vs.

Saints' DBs

Stroud has looked fantastic so far. Will five games of film help Dennis Allen's crew uncover some tendencies and gain enough of an edge to turn over Stroud at least once?

Matchup to watch:

CJ Stroud's 0-INT streak

vs.

Saints' DBs

Stroud has looked fantastic so far. Will five games of film help Dennis Allen's crew uncover some tendencies and gain enough of an edge to turn over Stroud at least once?
I think so, that’s an elite pass D. I don’t think Hou can run well enough to keep the d in check.

Matchup to watch:

CJ Stroud's 0-INT streak

vs.

Saints' DBs

I think so, that’s an elite pass D. I don’t think Hou can run well enough to keep the d in check.

Stroud had some close calls versus ATL. I hope I'm wrong but I think Nola breaks the streak.

Rashid Shaheed answers for the Saints -- 7-7 ballgame.

EDIT: From 34 yards out for anyone still playing distance scoring.

Chris Meyers and Mark Schlereth are the worst announcing pair you can have.

Just awful.

I wouldn't even call that a skinny post he's so skinny!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Meyers!

The Saints sat 2022 1st round LT Trevor Penning today in favor of journeyman James Hurst. Dennis Allen trying to light a fire under Penning, who started the first five games but underwhelmed? Maybe, but Hurst just left the game and Penning is back playing LT. Let's see what happens.

Embarrassing that NO is incapable of finding a way to get their star 1st rd WR involved nearing 3 straight weeks.

Fire OC, start over.

Embarrassing that NO is incapable of finding a way to get their star 1st rd WR involved nearing 3 straight weeks.

Fire OC, start over.

Spent three days trying to talk myself into starting Emari Demercado over Olave. Didn't pull the trigger. One more day to stew over it and I probably would have. It's that bad.

Fire OC, start over.

Spent three days trying to talk myself into starting Emari Demercado over Olave. Didn't pull the trigger. One more day to stew over it and I probably would have. It's that bad.
Yup. Started him this week only cause Watson & Pickens are on bye, but he gotta get going this second half. "Always start your studs", but idk.....even your studs can start hurting your chances eventually. Bench him til he makes you regret it.

Texans with 97 yards rushing at halftime. Singletary with 53 of them. Starting to wonder if he is a better fit for how Texans are currently run blocking. He is finding holes farther outside stretching it out while Pierce gets bottled up going straight ahead

If you have to throw an INT that is about the ideal way to do it. Ball in the same spot and got a fesh set of downs.

Texans short yardage blocking has been consistently poor. Always someone with penetration.

Pierce getting his chances from a fantasy perspective but the blocking is just awful
Multiple chances and the O-line keeps getting blown up. I thought there would be improvement as they start getting healthy, not so much....

Why the Texans keep trotting out Woods and especially Brown is bothersome. Hutchinson and Metchie can’t get a few looks with Dell out?

Whew. Feels so good after the last 3 years. Sorry Saints fans. You had a good crowd here with all the Katrina transplants.

Anyone who watched this more closely than me opine on why Singletary out-touched Pierce today?

Singletary was running better and finding holes. Seemed like Pierce wasn't reading the blocking schemes as well and getting bottled up.
Agree. They found better running outside where Singletary did better. Also may be some element of focusing against run w/Pierce in, nut can't say for sure until watch broadcast later.

Carr's not very good. Glorified checkdown artist with Kamara now.
I’m. Saints fan, and I like to think I’m very objective in most cases. As someone who watches every game, Carr is above average to a good quarterback. He isn’t the problem. There are 2 major problems……..Pete Carmichael and the OL.

I’m. Saints fan, and I like to think I’m very objective in most cases. As someone who watches every game, Carr is above average to a good quarterback. He isn’t the problem. There are 2 major problems……..Pete Carmichael and the OL.
this is how a lot of raider fans used to sound.

Personally I think he's the worst kind of QB. Good enough to keep the team competitive but never good enough for a playoff run. Always drafting mid round. NFL purgatory if you will.

this is how a lot of raider fans used to sound.
To this point I’d say above average is fair, but I’m becoming less confident each week that he’s a Super Bowl QB. He puts up stats but makes a lot of off target throws. OL and OC aren’t good. I’ve heard that this next QB class is one of the deepest ever, and having Carr around is the perfect cover to draft one and let him carry a clipboard for a year

I’ve heard that this next QB class is one of the deepest ever, and having Carr around is the perfect cover to draft one and let him carry a clipboard for a year
The Saints can cut Carr after the 2024 season and recoup $28 million against the cap. So that timing would be perfect.

Curious to see if the Taysom surge is a trend or a blip. His history suggests blip, but I like what I’ve seen the past two weeks

Users who are viewing this thread