What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interpret this weird dream (long) (1 Viewer)

Nipsey

Footballguy
I took an Advil late last night and usually when I do that I have some weird dreams. This one was super vivid and a little strange. Sorry, it's a little long. Here's the dream:

I'm in high school but it wasn't the school I went to and I didn't recognize anyone in the dream as people i went to school with. All random people except one, a non-high school friend of mine who had a kid recently that I haven't seen in a while. (Don't think him being in the dream is of importance. He emailed me last week and I think that's probably the only reason he was in this). He tells me that in the wing of the school where they teach sex-ed, one of our female classmates was going to be naked and fooling around with someone in front of the class. In the dream this made sense because I had taken that class a year or so before and this was something that people did as part of the class. Couples or groups would get up in front of the class and act out sexual situations for "learning purposes". Anyway, we're walking down the hallway where that class is taking place and I decide I'm going to "accidentally" walk in on the class. I'm going to do this for a number of reasons. One, I think it will be funny. Two, maybe I'll catch a glimpse of some action. I was probably doing it to "show off" in front of my friend as well.

The classroom has two doors, one in the front of the class, one in the back. I open the door at the back of the class (the students sitting have their backs to me) and walk in. I see a flash of what's going on in front of the class. No nudity but two couples standing there acting out some scene. One of the girls may have been in a bra. Nothing really exciting. The class shoots their head around to see who walked in. I say something like "whoops, sorry" and quickly turn around and leave. The student's faces looked shocked when they saw me walk in but again, whatever was going on was completely tame. So I'm back in the hallway, my friend and I chuckle about it and I'm on my way to another class.

Now a little time has passed, I'm still in school. It may have been the same day or maybe a few days later but word has spread around the school that my walking in on the class was no mistake, that I did it purposely to see some specific girl naked (nobody I know in real life, just some random girl who even in the dream I didn't recognize). I can feel in the dream almost the entire school turning against me. People who I didn't know were suddenly threatening me. At one point there was a group of student Texas Rangers (wearing cowboy hats and rodeo uniforms) who tried to take me outside for what I thought was going to be a beating. Dozens of male students threatened to kick my ###. I was in fear for my life. I went to a few different teachers (nobody I recognized from real life) and told them I had inadvertently walked in on this sex-ed class and now everyone wants to kill me. The teachers were sympathetic but didn't really help. They shrugged it off and went on with their day. I ended up going to the principal's office to let them know what the situation was. As I'm waiting to talk to one of the principals I'm thinking about leaving the state, getting out of the country maybe. I remember thinking this would be impossible because I was in high school and didn't have the money to go on the lam.

I get in with who i think was the vice-principal. I tell him what happened. I tell him I've been threatened and I'll likely be attacked shortly. He thinks the whole thing is amusing. As I'm sitting with him in his office, through the windows I can see groups of dudes waiting for me to come out. There is going to be a group beating. I'm going to get killed. I tell the VP what's about to happen. I show him the guys waiting for me outside the office. He still thinks it's funny but will walk me to my next class as to keep me safe. He takes me down the hallway past what seems like the entire school. Everyone is watching me walk past, some looking angry, others whispering to each other. I get to my next class, the door shuts and my class begins. I know I'm only safe until the class is over. There are kids waiting outside the classroom door. It's just a matter of time until I getting a beat down.

After the class I hang out with the teacher at his desk and convince him I need to speak in front of the school so I can clear my name. The teacher agrees and calls for an assembly which happens right away. I'm onstage and introduced to the student body. I walk to the podium to a chorus of boos and people yelling every terrible thing you can think of. I explain that I entered the classroom by mistake. I thought the room was empty. I didn't see anything anyway. This whole thing is a huge misunderstanding. Everything I'm saying is a lie of course because as i wrote earlier I did it on purpose as to goof around in front of my friend and maybe see some action. Someone suggests a lie detector test. I agree because what choice to have at this point? Instantly I'm sitting on the stage taking a lie detector test in front of the entire school, a test that I know I'll likely fail. As the questions begin I wake up.

There is a deep fear your (sexual?) sins will be revealed. Shame is what is keeping you from seeking forgiveness. You assume others will judge you more harshly for your wrongdoing than you deserve. 

So you're with a guy friend, going in the back door "just for fun," and then you're ostracized and worried about being attacked for what you've done.  

I guess it just seems kind of obvious.

There is a deep fear your (sexual?) sins will be revealed. Shame is what is keeping you from seeking forgiveness. You assume others will judge you more harshly for your wrongdoing than you deserve. 
I think you nailed it. Something semi-embarrassing happened recently (nothing to do with sex) that I didn't tell anyone about. Nothing crazy. Hmmm.

I think you nailed it. Something semi-embarrassing happened recently (nothing to do with sex) that I didn't tell anyone about. Nothing crazy. Hmmm.
It might be worth processing how you would handle being confronted about it. 

Dreams are just dreams, man. Don't look too hard into them. That form of psychoanalysis has long been discredited, IMHO. 

I took an Advil late last night and usually when I do that I have some weird dreams. This one was super vivid and a little strange. Sorry, it's a little long. Here's the dream:

I'm in high school but it wasn't the school I went to and I didn't recognize anyone in the dream as people i went to school with. All random people except one, a non-high school friend of mine who had a kid recently that I haven't seen in a while. (Don't think him being in the dream is of importance. He emailed me last week and I think that's probably the only reason he was in this). He tells me that in the wing of the school where they teach sex-ed, one of our female classmates was going to be naked and fooling around with someone in front of the class. In the dream this made sense because I had taken that class a year or so before and this was something that people did as part of the class. Couples or groups would get up in front of the class and act out sexual situations for "learning purposes". Anyway, we're walking down the hallway where that class is taking place and I decide I'm going to "accidentally" walk in on the class. I'm going to do this for a number of reasons. One, I think it will be funny. Two, maybe I'll catch a glimpse of some action. I was probably doing it to "show off" in front of my friend as well.

The classroom has two doors, one in the front of the class, one in the back. I open the door at the back of the class (the students sitting have their backs to me) and walk in. I see a flash of what's going on in front of the class. No nudity but two couples standing there acting out some scene. One of the girls may have been in a bra. Nothing really exciting. The class shoots their head around to see who walked in. I say something like "whoops, sorry" and quickly turn around and leave. The student's faces looked shocked when they saw me walk in but again, whatever was going on was completely tame. So I'm back in the hallway, my friend and I chuckle about it and I'm on my way to another class.

Now a little time has passed, I'm still in school. It may have been the same day or maybe a few days later but word has spread around the school that my walking in on the class was no mistake, that I did it purposely to see some specific girl naked (nobody I know in real life, just some random girl who even in the dream I didn't recognize). I can feel in the dream almost the entire school turning against me. People who I didn't know were suddenly threatening me. At one point there was a group of student Texas Rangers (wearing cowboy hats and rodeo uniforms) who tried to take me outside for what I thought was going to be a beating. Dozens of male students threatened to kick my ###. I was in fear for my life. I went to a few different teachers (nobody I recognized from real life) and told them I had inadvertently walked in on this sex-ed class and now everyone wants to kill me. The teachers were sympathetic but didn't really help. They shrugged it off and went on with their day. I ended up going to the principal's office to let them know what the situation was. As I'm waiting to talk to one of the principals I'm thinking about leaving the state, getting out of the country maybe. I remember thinking this would be impossible because I was in high school and didn't have the money to go on the lam.

I get in with who i think was the vice-principal. I tell him what happened. I tell him I've been threatened and I'll likely be attacked shortly. He thinks the whole thing is amusing. As I'm sitting with him in his office, through the windows I can see groups of dudes waiting for me to come out. There is going to be a group beating. I'm going to get killed. I tell the VP what's about to happen. I show him the guys waiting for me outside the office. He still thinks it's funny but will walk me to my next class as to keep me safe. He takes me down the hallway past what seems like the entire school. Everyone is watching me walk past, some looking angry, others whispering to each other. I get to my next class, the door shuts and my class begins. I know I'm only safe until the class is over. There are kids waiting outside the classroom door. It's just a matter of time until I getting a beat down.

After the class I hang out with the teacher at his desk and convince him I need to speak in front of the school so I can clear my name. The teacher agrees and calls for an assembly which happens right away. I'm onstage and introduced to the student body. I walk to the podium to a chorus of boos and people yelling every terrible thing you can think of. I explain that I entered the classroom by mistake. I thought the room was empty. I didn't see anything anyway. This whole thing is a huge misunderstanding. Everything I'm saying is a lie of course because as i wrote earlier I did it on purpose as to goof around in front of my friend and maybe see some action. Someone suggests a lie detector test. I agree because what choice to have at this point? Instantly I'm sitting on the stage taking a lie detector test in front of the entire school, a test that I know I'll likely fail. As the questions begin I wake up.
You're growing up and you're confronting some things about yourself that aren't easy for you to deal with.  This isn't about a one time event recently, imo. This seems like you're dealing with your identity.

On the surface you're a good natured guy, you believe you're generally a good person and an entertainer, you're prone to treating things less seriously than they deserve sometimes but rarely in a mean spirited way.  The idea of playing a joke that goes wrong, or doing something a little unethical in the name of fun, or maybe being a little sexist or misogynistic... never in a mean way, but it had never really bothered you.  

You play things up and entertain people and get away with it and you push the boundaries a little and enjoy it.  Until maybe now you're not so sure. 

The dream is about consequences, but you never actually take physical consequences in the dream.  You're afraid of getting punched but nobody punches you.  You're afraid of what people think but you're not confronting any individual.  These aren't real people or a real place, this is you imagining how the world sees you sometimes, and that being frightening to you.  The opinions of these nameless, faceless students from an imaginary high school are your "they", when you imagine what "they" must think of you. 

When you were younger, you were always good with "them".  "They" liked you because you learned how to be funny, how to act, how to be who "they" wanted you to be in different social situations. 

It made you awesome.  I'm a huge fan, i hope you know that.  It made you a creative person, spurred an interest in acting, in schtick and writing and maybe developing a character or two.  

But i think now you're starting to look at who you really are.  Not when you're entertaining people but the actual person beneath the veneer. And there are things about yourself - now and in the past - that you're maybe a little ashamed of or embarrassed about or even scared that people will find out about. 

And in the past when you've had those feelings you've been able to hide them like you hid with the teachers in your dream.  If someone was upset you could blame that one person for not taking a joke, or for misunderstanding, but when it's a mob, you start to realize you need to confront it.  

But in your dream, when you do try to confront it, it's not that easy. You try to downplay it and they aren't buying it.  You try to lie your way out of it and they want you to take a lie detector.  They know your tricks because the person you're confronting isn't a high school principal or a crowd of students, but yourself and what people think of you.  What "they" would think about you if "they" knew. 

But this isn't about being flawed.  Everyone is flawed and everyone has things about themselves that they're ashamed of and embarrassed about. This is about your priorities changing and you being introspective and deciding who you want to be.  Your unconscious/ subconscious mind is dealing with these things a lot and you're probably noticing it more in your conscious thoughts too.  This is a good time to start planning the next generation of your life and who you intend to be as you get older.  You're figuring your character, instead of how to be a character. And you may want to have dirty, shameful sex with one of your high school administrators. 

I just want to get this off my chest.  Recurring themes in my dreams.

• Late getting to the airport for return trip home. 
  • Falling behind, early, in college. 
  • Wandering through hallways of ornate architecture
  • Dark, large, dank restrooms with plumbing issues (pretty sure this keeps me from wetting the bed ... Oops, cant go here)
  • Highways, lots of highways
  • Tornadoes - like looking across a plain and seeing a dozen of them heading my way.
  • Witnessing plane crashes from afar.  Don't actually see them hit the ground; just see them fall from the sky.
Procrastination, wandering, and disaster.  And everything is dark, as if viewed through sunglass lenses.

You're growing up and you're confronting some things about yourself that aren't easy for you to deal with.  This isn't about a one time event recently, imo. This seems like you're dealing with your identity.

On the surface you're a good natured guy, you believe you're generally a good person and an entertainer, you're prone to treating things less seriously than they deserve sometimes but rarely in a mean spirited way.  The idea of playing a joke that goes wrong, or doing something a little unethical in the name of fun, or maybe being a little sexist or misogynistic... never in a mean way, but it had never really bothered you.  

You play things up and entertain people and get away with it and you push the boundaries a little and enjoy it.  Until maybe now you're not so sure. 

The dream is about consequences, but you never actually take physical consequences in the dream.  You're afraid of getting punched but nobody punches you.  You're afraid of what people think but you're not confronting any individual.  These aren't real people or a real place, this is you imagining how the world sees you sometimes, and that being frightening to you.  The opinions of these nameless, faceless students from an imaginary high school are your "they", when you imagine what "they" must think of you. 

When you were younger, you were always good with "them".  "They" liked you because you learned how to be funny, how to act, how to be who "they" wanted you to be in different social situations. 

It made you awesome.  I'm a huge fan, i hope you know that.  It made you a creative person, spurred an interest in acting, in schtick and writing and maybe developing a character or two.  

But i think now you're starting to look at who you really are.  Not when you're entertaining people but the actual person beneath the veneer. And there are things about yourself - now and in the past - that you're maybe a little ashamed of or embarrassed about or even scared that people will find out about. 

And in the past when you've had those feelings you've been able to hide them like you hid with the teachers in your dream.  If someone was upset you could blame that one person for not taking a joke, or for misunderstanding, but when it's a mob, you start to realize you need to confront it.  

But in your dream, when you do try to confront it, it's not that easy. You try to downplay it and they aren't buying it.  You try to lie your way out of it and they want you to take a lie detector.  They know your tricks because the person you're confronting isn't a high school principal or a crowd of students, but yourself and what people think of you.  What "they" would think about you if "they" knew. 

But this isn't about being flawed.  Everyone is flawed and everyone has things about themselves that they're ashamed of and embarrassed about. This is about your priorities changing and you being introspective and deciding who you want to be.  Your unconscious/ subconscious mind is dealing with these things a lot and you're probably noticing it more in your conscious thoughts too.  This is a good time to start planning the next generation of your life and who you intend to be as you get older.  You're figuring your character, instead of how to be a character. And you may want to have dirty, shameful sex with one of your high school administrators. 
Very well thought out. I need to ponder this for a bit.

I think anyone could have this dream and the reason would be the same for everyone.  There are things that you have done that you are ashamed of and if others knew the truth they would treat you differently.  

You're the father.

It means that you like to see people naked and have a fear of everyone hating you.  Congrats, you're just like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread