What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DK Metcalf, SEA (2 Viewers)

If he does show up at the combine looking like this then I expect a 4.75 40 time and a slip in the draft.  But maybe he’s just that much a freak of nature. 

:shock:

certainly doesnt look natural, but I always get in trouble when I suggest that

ETA: I'm calling this is a fake picture. If it's real... I like one of the comments in the Twitter post: dont tell Metcalf where the infinity stones are
JFC. I drafted Boston over Torrey Holt and then Boston lost his mind, then his career. Don't need this guy getting wound so tight that he pops a tendon on a cut. Not linking it. Randy Moss made a career out of being like gumby. Wound too tight is not good in the NFL.

lod001 said:
JFC. I drafted Boston over Torrey Holt and then Boston lost his mind, then his career. Don't need this guy getting wound so tight that he pops a tendon on a cut. Not linking it. Randy Moss made a career out of being like gumby. Wound too tight is not good in the NFL.
I agree. There is a such thing as too big for a WR. Unless he wants to switch to TE.

I hope this is fake. Otherwise if someone is missing a 45 pound weight plate somewhere, DJ ate it for breakfast.

I hope this is fake. 
Same.

Checked out his twitter feed hoping he’d say something about it being a joke or fake. Instead all I saw was he liked and retweeted the photo.

ETA-also did a google search and I don't think the pictures are fake, might have just finished a workout and been a little extra swole but he's just a huge dude.  Came across an article from 2017 that said he finished 5th on the team in power cleans. This is a photo from last June:Metcalf- June 2018

He appears to be a huge dude who might have gotten obsessed with the weight room. I don't like it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same.

Checked out his twitter feed hoping he’d say something about it being a joke or fake. Instead all I saw was he liked and retweeted the photo. 
sigh... I was 100% on board with this guy this morning. Now I am starting to feel like that meme of Homer Simpson backing into the bushes.

So if that is a real picture, how far are you dropping him? He looks like Aaron Donald. 
Looking at this and past pictures of him, his triceps just seem bigger. chest and abs look the same as any other picture I've seen of him. he looks like he is internally rotating the right shoulder to catch more of a profile of the triceps too.

Not dropping him at all for now. waiting for his combine numbers. if he is over 235 and is slower then I drop him a few spots, maybe. At this point I am hoping Baltimore takes him so I don't have to make a decision. He is still destination dependant for me. 

Looking at this and past pictures of him, his triceps just seem bigger. chest and abs look the same as any other picture I've seen of him. he looks like he is internally rotating the right shoulder to catch more of a profile of the triceps too.

Not dropping him at all for now. waiting for his combine numbers. if he is over 235 and is slower then I drop him a few spots, maybe. At this point I am hoping Baltimore takes him so I don't have to make a decision. He is still destination dependant for me. 
Yeah let’s see what he weighs at the combine. At least it’s not fat... 

Somehow I think Gronk was a more accomplished football player coming into the league than Metcalf.  That body cannot help him if those pictures aren't fake.
It can help him in some ways but not in any way that takes advantage of his strengths. 

Can anyone name a succeasful WR who was a pretty big physical specimen? TO comes to mind for me, but I'm pretty sure Metcalf has 10 pounds on him

Somehow I think Gronk was a more accomplished football player coming into the league than Metcalf.  That body cannot help him if those pictures aren't fake.
I mean you know it was a joke, right? Either pic is fake, Metcalf is about to cut down to his fighting weight or he’s in trouble heading into the combine. Let’s see what he actually weighs in at and runs

It can help him in some ways but not in any way that takes advantage of his strengths. 

Can anyone name a succeasful WR who was a pretty big physical specimen? TO comes to mind for me, but I'm pretty sure Metcalf has 10 pounds on him
Someone mentioned David Boston somewhere

I mean you know it was a joke, right? Either pic is fake, Metcalf is about to cut down to his fighting weight or he’s in trouble heading into the combine. Let’s see what he actually weighs in at and runs
I believe I said, "if those pictures aren't fake".

Also if this is what he looks like now, whats he going to look like in 3 more years if he keeps this up? He famously could bench 100 pounds in first grade so it makes me wonder if WR was ever really the right position. He looks like a DE. 

Also if this is what he looks like now, whats he going to look like in 3 more years if he keeps this up? He famously could bench 100 pounds in first grade so it makes me wonder if WR was ever really the right position. He looks like a DE. 
Hahaha who puts a 7 year old under a bench press??? These are starting to sound like tall tales.

Lol people don’t grow forever.

Tex

It seems every year there’s an obvious top talent coming out of college and somehow, someway, someone takes something that’s an obvious plus or strength and turns it into a negative. Lol incredible! It never fails.

Tex

Lol people don’t grow forever.

Tex
I don’t think this is just natural growth, he’s clearly on a massive lifting program along with lots of supplements and a huge diet. People don’t just look like that without an incredible effort. If he continues to train like that, he will get bigger. He just turned 21 last month, he hasn’t even hit his peak strength and adult size yet.

It seems every year there’s an obvious top talent coming out of college and somehow, someway, someone takes something that’s an obvious plus or strength and turns it into a negative. Lol incredible! It never fails.

Tex
Again the photo may be altered or it’s just a weird angle or something but his appearance is a major outlier. NFL WRs aren’t that big. On top of the fact he’s already a major outlier in that WRs with such limited college production never go as high as he’s projected. Now of course let’s wait for the combine to make any final decisions but there’s plenty of reason for pause right now. 

Tex
Agreed.  This sort of strength is not a bad thing for a huge WR.

David Boston crushed the NFL his rookie season but got busted for PEDs.  If his frame was natural he would have had an incredible career.

Josh Gordon is yoked and is at the same height as DK.  He crushed it when he was able to keep on the field and keep away from non-prescription drugs.

The pic is legit.  He's got a history of massive muscle on his frame dating back from his time as a teenager to present.

the photo may be altered
It is not altered >>>>   The draft combine is in two weeks, and Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf looks, uh, prepared

I don’t think this is just natural growth, he’s clearly on a massive lifting program along with lots of supplements and a huge diet. People don’t just look like that without an incredible effort. If he continues to train like that, he will get bigger. He just turned 21 last month, he hasn’t even hit his peak strength and adult size yet.
This is somewhat of an assumption. Surely they all are workingout and taking protein shakes and vitamins but some athletes are just genetically gifted which could easily be the case here. I knew a few guys in college that barely worked it at all but we’re unbelievably strong and looked like Greek gods.

Tex

This is somewhat of an assumption. Surely they all are workingout and taking protein shakes and vitamins but some athletes are just genetically gifted which could easily be the case here. I knew a few guys in college that barely worked it at all but we’re unbelievably strong and looked like Greek gods.

Tex
Not much of an assumption when we know his dad began his weight training at age 5. He’s certainly gifted genetically but he’s also working really hard to maximize it. 

Agreed.  This sort of strength is not a bad thing for a huge WR.

David Boston crushed the NFL his rookie season but got busted for PEDs.  If his frame was natural he would have had an incredible career.

Josh Gordon is yoked and is at the same height as DK.  He crushed it when he was able to keep on the field and keep away from non-prescription drugs.
Boston was only 6’1” 215 at the combine. His massive weight gain came a few years  into career. Supposedly went from 230 to 260 going into 2003 season.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/19966-david-boston-265-lbs/

It's not the size of his arms or how chiseled he is.... It's how wide his chest is.  This dude is giant if this picture isn't altered.  It could also just be the angle of the photo that is deceptive without being altered. 

If he's as wide as he looks here, he has to be at least 240. 

Boston was only 6’1” 215 at the combine. His massive weight gain came a few years  into career. Supposedly went from 230 to 260 going into 2003 season.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/19966-david-boston-265-lbs/
You are right on the detail and I'm right in that with the extra added artificial muscle being a positive because he crushed it with the added muscle.

The photo isn't doctored, its real.  The muscle is real.  Now we've got the grumpy old men saying its roids.

Combine is in two weeks so we'll get a definitive answer on PEDs since they test and screen for every PED.  

Users who are viewing this thread