What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DK Metcalf, SEA (1 Viewer)

In CBSsports, 100% rostered but only 67% started. That's Courtland Sutton range among top receivers. The matchup scared many. You have company!

Mike Evans

I don't think I've ducked a Mike Evans game in my main dynasty league without him throwing up about twenty-five points.

It's been four years. I've won a championship and I still haven't beaten the guy trotting out Mike Evans and company.

DK, on the other hand, I roster, so of course it's not twenty-five points a game. I'd be utterly giddy if that was the case.

Mike Evans

I don't think I've ducked a Mike Evans game in my main dynasty league without him throwing up about twenty-five points.

It's been four years. I've won a championship and I still haven't beaten the guy trotting out Mike Evans and company.

DK, on the other hand, I roster, so of course it's not twenty-five points a game. I'd be utterly giddy if that was the case.
Yep. Mike Evans week 17, 38 point game last year prevented my b2b championship. I close my eyes and I still see that box score.

Geno finally looked like good Geno last night ina tough matchup on the road. Promising for all Metcalf owners..

Yep. Mike Evans week 17, 38 point game last year prevented my b2b championship.

Thankfully the guy that had Evans had been eliminated the week before and I survived a 1.50 or 1.60 performance from DK to win a championship. To say DK is matchup-proof is to overstate the case, based on my experience.

Just trying to bring it back to DK.

Seahawks receiver DK Metcalf's 'dominant' night not enough in loss to Cowboys

Nice highlight package at the link. You wonder how he can look so physically dominant out there and not produce every week. I know there's a technician's element of route-running and contested balls to work on, but that catch against Bland deep along the sidelines was a thing of beauty. He didn't show eyes or hands until the very end (as Herbstreit pointed out) and he just hand caught the ball and it stuck. Great play. Better than his touchdown catches or routes.

I think at times Metcalf looks like the best wr in football. His talent is off the charts. Other teams recognize that and prioritize taking him out of the game. In those games Lockett has really benefited. Now Jaxon is emerging to give them 3 solid options. I see a roller coaster of fantasy production from him. You take the highs and lows with him. The highs win you weeks.

Seahawks are funny

DK was enfuego and he didn't get a target the last two drives.

Normally this year it is the opposite. Spread it all over, than go to DK to get in field goal range for the win late.

When I watch him, I am mesmerized. Hes so big its hard to really comprehend. Looks like Calvin Johnson out there.

Geno is ok. DK has limitations

but he is so fun to watch play

DK has not been a guy you start weekly waiting for any upside. He was 29th in standard, and 35th in PPR coming in. You use him when your options are limited. I would have lost numerous games earlier if I would have kept him in the lineup waiting for an explosion. His floor has been very low.

Having said that, it was always clear he is capable of games like this because he is a freak talent in my opinion, but lacks some finesse when it comes to route running. Geno has stunk for the most part, until last night of course.

Congrats to DK owners who stuck him in last night.

DK's kind of been odd in that I drafted him for his big game upside but he's actually been a high targeted solid floor type all year, until last night. I drafted him twice and both teams uncovered some gold at WR in later rounds but I think in total I benched him just once all year between those two leagues, just hard for me to sit someone so heavily targeted most weeks with big play/game potential though I was going to be two last week but could not wait for Flowers status. Anyway I've been happy with his solid play all year even before last night.

After last weeks games Carroll was publicly stating something along the lines of the team needed to refine it's offensive identity and that players were not being put in the best positions to maximize their talent, that they had unique talents at WR and needed pass routes to reflect their talent. Only person he mentioned by name when he said this was JSN so I was anticipating higher use for him, to my untrained eye I can't say I saw a difference on how DK as used, but if they tweaked something I hope they keep it up.

The Seahawks seem like such a high variance offense. Perhaps that’s why they brought in Charbs and Jsn to help keep drives alive and move the chains. Walker seems boom bust. We know Lockett is. Metcalf at times. They don’t really have a high reception guy on the offense. Thought Metcalf could do it with slant routes and chain moving routes but that is definitely limiting what he brings to the table.

When the variance goes our way, look out. Can’t see Metcalf losing us owners many games considering the draft cost but can understand if you have a Dell type in over him

Up to WR18 after his big week in half ppr. I hope that DK can keep it up over the rest of the season in the light of Dell's season-ending injury. I don't like him at SF next week (who would), but he has decent matchups v Phi, @Ten, v Pit weeks 14-16 (playoffs!) if I can make it through next week.

Users who are viewing this thread