What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL Marvel's Avengers: Endgame **** SPOILERS ALLOWED! Enter at your own risk!!! (1 Viewer)

Any chance this happens?

The whole movie will be the vision that Dr Strange saw. At the end of Avengers Endgame, that will be the moment Strange opens his eyes to reveal that It hasn't happened yet. End credits.
If it does, they totally stole that from Twilight.  :bag:

Going tomorrow at 8 PM. The movie has already broken box office records in China and is projected to do 250-300 million there by Sunday. Projected to do 300 million here and then theaters said what the heck let's be open 24 hours for showings. This thing could do 1 billion opening weekend between domestic and all the international sales.

So, I'm walking through a restaurant at lunch today.  A kid (probably 16 - 18) runs in and yells "..." a spoiler that makes a ton of sense and I think it is too clever for him to just make up.  Made it to the last day without hearing anything, I wanted to go punch that kid in the throat.  May not be right, but I think it is too good.  Luckily that is the only thing he got out but it is probably the main point.

Anyway, happy watching to all.

Was the Captain Marvel switch to short hair a comic book nod? Because it looks horrible. 

Really happy they pulled this off with great success. 

I think the snap helped Endgame by reducing the number of characters to something more easily accommodated by the plot.  I'm not a big Marvel fanboy so I found of the other films in the series kind of confusing with too many interwoven sub-plots.

Someone help me out. I'm going to see it again this morning but I missed some dialogue or some clue but how did Black Panther get back into the fight... thus everyone else. I missed the how?

Not everything in the movie worked for me, and I liked Infinity War quite a bit more I think.

That said, the Battle of Upstate New York or whatever we’re going to call it was phenomenal. I watched Infinity War right before seeing it last night and was wondering how they’d top the twin battles in Wakanda and on Titan, but man they really pulled it off. 

Some of the time travel stuff seems like there's going to be a ton of holes in...   but taking it at face value at the time of watching I was entertained.. it pulled off a perfect amount of emotion, humor, and action.

I'm also jealous that some of those guys probably got a pretty hefty paycheck for no more than a couple minutes of screen time and a handful of lines at most.

There was enough to unpack that I honestly need to see it again..    I appreciate seeing things at home where i can re-wind and watch with closed cations so I can catch words that are sometimes missed.

Overall, very good movie.

No exaggeration, probably my favorite movie of all time.  Could have cried 5 times if I wanted to let it go.  Just unbelievable.  I think this will win an Academy Award similar to the end of LOTR as a lifetime achievement.  Can't believe it lived up to and exceeded hype and expectations.
It was, for me, a bit too melancholy. Very bittersweet some very tear inducing moments.

I love how they handled the time travel and restoring the vanished. Great job with not retconning the bad changes, but bringing everyone back and continuing on.

Stark's redemption and sacrifice was unreal and still makes me sad. Same with Widow and her sacrifice for the betterment of the universe.

Very small gripe - I disliked how they powered people up and down from movie to movie and throughout the movie though. In the first Infinity War they almost wiped the floor with Thanos twice with the Gauntlet. Thor especially. This time they could barely touch him without it. Captain Marvel destroy's Thanos' ship and can barely touch him.

I'm sure I'll have more after a 2nd viewing tomorrow.

I love how they had so many scenes within previous movies.

Quill singing and dancing from GOTG and them watching him sing in his ####ty voice was hilarious.

Cap getting in the elevator with all the Hydra agents. That whole scene had the audience going nuts. 

So much fun.

Someone help me out. I'm going to see it again this morning but I missed some dialogue or some clue but how did Black Panther get back into the fight... thus everyone else. I missed the how?
Snap of the fingers brought all the dusted people back to the here and now including T'Challa. So they were dusted for 5 years and then brought back by use of the IG again.

Strange brought those on Titan back to Earth.  Then he, Wong, and all of the Sorcerer Supreme's magic students (who were portrayed prominently at the start of Dr. Strange but then were completely ignored the latter half of the movie) then opened portals to bring everyone from Wakanda (including all of the heroes who got dusted there) to New York to fight.

So no credits videos at all.  But a post-credits 'sound' like that of a blacksmith hammering on metal on an anvil repeatedly.

Any thoughts to the meaning?  Bringing back together Marvel and the mutant franchises?  Call out to the next major villain (and if so who)?

My favorite mini-callback was “On your left” when Falcon is just about to show up with the rest of the vanished. Just perfect IMO. 
I think I missed that one!   I was wondering why they didn't do it with Cap sitting on the bench. I guess that answers why!

I've got tickets to see it a second time, heading out in an hour or so.

So no credits videos at all.  But a post-credits 'sound' like that of a blacksmith hammering on metal on an anvil repeatedly.

Any thoughts to the meaning?  Bringing back together Marvel and the mutant franchises?  Call out to the next major villain (and if so who)?
 The anvil sound could be a callback to Tony building the original armor in the cave.

Or, there is another notable armor-wearing character who hasn't been introduced yet.

Great call. I just pulled up Iron Man. Definitely the same sound. Recorded the End Game sound on my phone so I could play it back to check at moments like this.

Sam becomes Captain America in some of the comics runs.  I believe Bucky has too at times in the comics, thus him being the other person standing there and giving Sam the nod to be the one to go talk to Steve.

Heading to a second viewing in a little bit. 

In my viewing of it, the audience applauded during the credits for Chris Evans and RDJr.... and for Scarlett Johansson.  Thought that was kind of cool that she got applause from the crowd over some of the bigger names.

Users who are viewing this thread