What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (9 Viewers)

Not sure the exact seats... we'll be in the club seats that the players/coaches can buy for friends and family.  I think we were in M14 last year.  We have field passes for pregame though so I'll be down on the sidelines for warmups!  Will you be there?
Yep! You’ll have to let me know what side of the field you’re on when you’re on the field!

Yea, not ideal if we go into gameday with just Sanders and Boston Scott...  Think Howard missing hurts us a lot more then missing Alshon this game.  Running him through their defense was our best chance at a win.

Yep! You’ll have to let me know what side of the field you’re on when you’re on the field!
Sounds good I'll send you a DM on here once we're down there, come say hi if you can.  We will be on the side of the field of the tunnel where the Eagles come out, usually down around the 10 yard line on the side philly warms up on. 

Quick update:  We got to novacare and headed in a few minutes later than expected so missed Fletch and BG but walked by them in the hall and said hi.  When we got there Connor Barwin was in there hanging out and he stayed for quite a while.  He is doing some small role with the defensive coaches this year and was super nice.  Was a cool experience again, pretty low key as players just came in and filled up their to go containers and chatted a bit with us.  Nelson and Rodney were super nice and came and introduced themselves to us (like we didn't know who they were) and chatted a bit before leaving.  About 20 players came in and said hi but mostly got their food and went.  Kelce came in too and we met him which was cool.  Most of the big named offensive players were in their own team rooms after practice so didn't run into any of them.

Hopefully will get to see a few more of them at the team hotel tomorrow, and maybe after the game in the touchdown club too. 

They said Ajayi had a good workout and they were going to sign him today so that should be coming soon.

Excited for Sunday, think we have a decent shot but it'll have to rest on our defense.

EDT:  Oops, looks they had already announced they signed him haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually picked up Agholar and Ajayi. I'm pretty desperate. Agholar had a decent line in that Falcons game despite the drop.

Extending Jeffrey and DeSean before the season just has backfired so much. I get banking on the older guy this year (even though it backfired), but doubling down for next year before you've even seen them in game?

Sproles out for the year. Bummer for him but not surprising. 
Should've called it a career after the SB. Hopefully he just retires now. It was sad watching him try and play the last few yrs and get hurt. Had a moment here and there but not enough to justify taking a roster spot away from someone else 

Quick update:  We got to novacare and headed in a few minutes later than expected so missed Fletch and BG but walked by them in the hall and said hi.  When we got there Connor Barwin was in there hanging out and he stayed for quite a while.  He is doing some small role with the defensive coaches this year and was super nice.  Was a cool experience again, pretty low key as players just came in and filled up their to go containers and chatted a bit with us.  Nelson and Rodney were super nice and came and introduced themselves to us (like we didn't know who they were) and chatted a bit before leaving.  About 20 players came in and said hi but mostly got their food and went.  Kelce came in too and we met him which was cool.  Most of the big named offensive players were in their own team rooms after practice so didn't run into any of them.

Hopefully will get to see a few more of them at the team hotel tomorrow, and maybe after the game in the touchdown club too. 

They said Ajayi had a good workout and they were going to sign him today so that should be coming soon.

Excited for Sunday, think we have a decent shot but it'll have to rest on our defense.

EDT:  Oops, looks they had already announced they signed him haha
Kelce is awesome. He lives about 10 mins from me and shops in my store frequently and his wife is super nice. She works at the same school as my cousin. Did you teach Nelson how to catch? Did you meet any of the other coaches as well? 

The dude with 4 names supposedly only knows Jeffrey’s route tree. So....let’s see what “he can go up and get the contested balls” can do....
JJAW was interviewed by Clarke today and he said he was learning all3 WR positions at once. Each one has 100 different types of concepts and routes and plays. Now with Alshon hurt they are just allowing him to focus on that position. He said the bye week helped and he spent a ton of time in the film room. We'll see if it pays off. 

What the hell is barkann up to with this beard?
I have't really given him a thought for awhile but Jesus that is a bad look. Stopped watching post game and when we had it Daily News because the dude was such a dam homer fanboy. He should just be given his own show on WIP would fit right in. Met the guy a few occasions. my buddies parents bought his old house in Newtown square and my Buddy and his dad do video work for weddings (Did Kelce's wedding) and some other Philly sports athletes and media and have met them several times. I met him at the auto show. Cool guy but he is such a homer it's nauseating 

But we lost them. So we look bad. Think if we lost the Packers and Bears games too. We are what our record says we are.
I agree my point is we've shown we can beat these better teams like the Packers we had a chance beating NE. Inconsistency and we shot ourselves in the foot. 

Also zero excuse not to use Ajayi over Boston Scott if you want to give Sanders a breather. I like Scott but he should be more of the receiving back. J Train knows the offense enough despite coming back Friday he at least can be used to get Sanders a break 

Looked great early. Defense was solid all game. Offense fell to pieces once Lane went out.

NOt hugely disapointed. This team could still win the division, but unless EVERYONE is healthy they won't have any chance to go deep. Just no depth in key places, and too shaky at WR to get by without a dominating O line

ETA: wasn't terribly impressed by the play calling either. The running and screen game was what worked early, no clue why they went away from it. TOo many drop backs when clearly they struggled in pass protection and the WRs weren't getting seperation

Wentz looks terrible, I hope he isn't hiding an injury. 
I suspect he may be he doesn’t seem right

i also think the the intentional de-emphasis of Ertz has hurt.  Would NE have ever intentionally de-emphasized Gronk? No, because Belichick has  modicum of common sense.... 

Wentz looks the same he has all year long. More good then bad, but always has throws that are just off target.  Poor pocket awareness. I don't think there's much quesstion now that Dak is the better QB, but we gotta get some weapons for Wentz.

Wentz looks the same he has all year long. More good then bad, but always has throws that are just off target.  Poor pocket awareness. I don't think there's much quesstion now that Dak is the better QB, but we gotta get some weapons for Wentz.
I mostly agree with you. I’m not ready to say Dak is better—look at the preposterous difference in weapons he has. But neither Dak nor Wentz seem to have great records against winning teams. The Eagles WR core that played today may not be better than what the Soul has.

To me, Wentz right now is an above average QB. He has tremendous escapability but he doesn’t read the field as well as I once thought and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. He hangs onto the ball too long as well but some of that could probably be blamed on the WRs.

Its disheartening to think he may not be a franchise talent but merely decent. As of this moment, there are 9 QBs I’d rather have than him. So he’s top ten in my opinion for what it’s worth but not elite. I don’t know that he ever gets back to that 2017 form. I hope,someday he gets back to that...

Wentz looks terrible,
He missing a lot of throws and when he does make a good one he gets zero help. It’s an awful combination. The next to last drive has been him in a nutshell this season IMO. 

With that said, we did face the #1 defense in football, after a bye, without our 2 starting WR’s and our starting RB. Then lost arguably our best offensive line man 2 possessions into the game. 

Conditions were pretty bad out there as well. Both QB’s looked pretty bad IMO

I mostly agree with you. I’m not ready to say Dak is better—look at the preposterous difference in weapons he has. But neither Dak nor Wentz seem to have great records against winning teams. The Eagles WR core that played today may not be better than what the Soul has.

To me, Wentz right now is an above average QB. He has tremendous escapability but he doesn’t read the field as well as I once thought and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. He hangs onto the ball too long as well but some of that could probably be blamed on the WRs.

Its disheartening to think he may not be a franchise talent but merely decent. As of this moment, there are 9 QBs I’d rather have than him. So he’s top ten in my opinion for what it’s worth but not elite. I don’t know that he ever gets back to that 2017 form. I hope,someday he gets back to that...
Dak is definitely the better QB.

Until next week when Wentz has a great game and Dak is "exposed" against a very good defense.  It's a fickle league.  I think both QBs are pretty good TBH.  

man, seeing people blame Agholar for that loss is extremely weak and dopey. i don't know if anybody could have caught that the way his body had to tork to adjust to that catch. just not possible. he had a bad drop or 2, but did also have 1 or 2 clutch catches. he is what he is. good WR, but not dependable and horribly inconsistent

Users who are viewing this thread