What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (1 Viewer)

Love the rumors of us possibley trading for Duke Johnson too. I really hope we can make that happen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that one coming. I think a decision on whether to extend or cut Agholor should be coming soon. I don't think they want to pay him $9 million for this season.

Per CBS Sports, with the Johnson restructuring, the Eagles now have about $20 million in cap space. That factors in Kelce, Graham, and Seumalo contracts.

So Case Keenum is back in the conference. 

Eagles open to trading Bennett

Jay Glazer believes Eagles will have interest in LeVeon Bell but most teams won't be interested in giving him the type of money he wants

Carson Wentz was at my Mom's work today visiting Patients at CHOP

Mike Kaye's 7 round Eagles Mock:

1st Round (25th overall): N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

2nd Round (53rd overall, via Ravens): David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State

2nd Round (57th overall): Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

4th Round (127th overall): Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

4th Round (138th overall, compensatory pick): Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma

5th Round (163rd overall): Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Washington

6th Round (197th overall): Olamide Zaccheaus, WR, Virginia

Javon Patterson, G/C, Mississippi

Should Eagles trade for Jordan Howard

So Case Keenum is back in the conference. 

Eagles open to trading Bennett

Jay Glazer believes Eagles will have interest in LeVeon Bell but most teams won't be interested in giving him the type of money he wants

Carson Wentz was at my Mom's work today visiting Patients at CHOP

Mike Kaye's 7 round Eagles Mock:

1st Round (25th overall): N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

2nd Round (53rd overall, via Ravens): David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State

2nd Round (57th overall): Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

4th Round (127th overall): Joe Jackson, DE, Miami

4th Round (138th overall, compensatory pick): Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma

5th Round (163rd overall): Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Washington

6th Round (197th overall): Olamide Zaccheaus, WR, Virginia

Javon Patterson, G/C, Mississippi

Should Eagles trade for Jordan Howard
That mock is terrible.  Not one cb or safety?  Crazy

Bennett and a 7th in 2020 for NE's 5th in 2020.

Obviously getting something in a trade is better than cutting him. Also Barnett is coming back. With Bennett and Jernigan gone, I think it is likely that the Eagles think Chris Long is going to play next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a cheaper DT in free agency.

Bennett was due to make $7.2 million. Does that change your mind? 
Not really. 

Graham, Long (guess this means he’s staying?) and Barnett all underachieved last year. The 4th DE would be Sweat who didn’t look good at all when he played. Bennett looked good, seemed like a good scheme fit and didn’t cause any issues. It is what it is but I wish they could have found a way to keep him another year. 

Also  Here’s Howie’s history of 5th round picks since being GM:

2010- Rickey Sapp & Riley Cooper

2011- Dion Lewis & Julian Vandervelde

2012- Dennis Kelly

2013- Earl Wolff

2014- Taylor Hart & Ed Reynolds

2015- None

2016- Wendell Smallwood & Big V

2017- Shelton Gibson & Nate Gerry

2018- None

Maybe he’s due? Or maybe we just got a meaningless pick. I know some of these were Chip years too or there was a question of who made the picks him or Reid. Even if you pick the best 3 of this group it’s bad. 

I don’t like it either. Bennett was damn good last year and he’s more versatile than Long. Do you think any of this has to do with legal issues hanging over his head? 
I think it was just them essentially cutting him and getting back a $5 scratch off and crossing their fingers. 

Not really. 

Graham, Long (guess this means he’s staying?) and Barnett all underachieved last year. The 4th DE would be Sweat who didn’t look good at all when he played. Bennett looked good, seemed like a good scheme fit and didn’t cause any issues. It is what it is but I wish they could have found a way to keep him another year. 

Also  Here’s Howie’s history of 5th round picks since being GM:

2010- Rickey Sapp & Riley Cooper

2011- Dion Lewis & Julian Vandervelde

2012- Dennis Kelly

2013- Earl Wolff

2014- Taylor Hart & Ed Reynolds

2015- None

2016- Wendell Smallwood & Big V

2017- Shelton Gibson & Nate Gerry

2018- None

Maybe he’s due? Or maybe we just got a meaningless pick. I know some of these were Chip years too or there was a question of who made the picks him or Reid. Even if you pick the best 3 of this group it’s bad. 
Bennet also said he wanted a pay raise and wouldn't take another payout. They just resigned Graham and have Barnett coming back.minute he said he wanted a raise and wouldn't take a payout he signed his own ticket out 

Bennett and a 7th in 2020 for NE's 5th in 2020.

Obviously getting something in a trade is better than cutting him. Also Barnett is coming back. With Bennett and Jernigan gone, I think it is likely that the Eagles think Chris Long is going to play next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a cheaper DT in free agency.
Ya Long should be back for sure which is nice.  Can see them drafting another DE early in the draft this year too.  We were really deep at the position and that wasn't sustainable forever.  Still think we have one of the better lines in the league with BG, a more experienced Barnett, and maybe a highly touted rookie.  I think Josh Sweat is going to have a bigger year this year too.

Talk of us going after Coleman too.  I'd definitely be interested at the right price, but think I'd rather Duke.  Don't think both is really an option, unless we do a full overhaul of our RBs... but I think Adams/Duke would be a nice combo.  Looks like we're going after the FA RB market fairly hard and might once again pass on drafting one early.  Which I think I'm okay with.

never really gave AB much thought and I'm not sure that it is the best use of cap resources, but i guess if the price gets low enough, you have to think about it.

Talk of us going after Coleman too.  I'd definitely be interested at the right price, but think I'd rather Duke.  Don't think both is really an option, unless we do a full overhaul of our RBs... but I think Adams/Duke would be a nice combo.  Looks like we're going after the FA RB market fairly hard and might once again pass on drafting one early.  Which I think I'm okay with.
I want Coleman honestly because he's a nice Complimentary back. He's no workhorse but he's exactly what we need. Always been a big Coleman fan. He's also pretty explosive. 

Sounds like we’re being used to drum up some interest. Hard to believe we’d have him in our locker room at what he wants to make. 
The stuff Ryan Clarke said about him just pokes out like a sore Thumb. Everything he said about Brown and how the Steelers locker room is sounded exactly how the Eagles have their locker room. A guy like AB is not welcomed. You also have to take into account how he quit on the Steelers in the biggest game of the year last year. 

AB is headed to The RAYDERS (In My best Chris Berman impersonation)!!!!!!!! What a #### show that is gonna be over there. I can't wait to watch some quality Reality TV for once. Any Chance we can petition the league and HBO for the Raiders to be on Hard Knocks this year? Could be the biggest ratings of the Shows history with the outcast of characters.  

There's zero rationale for selecting a RB in the first round unless he's a generational talent on the order of Gurley, Zeke, Barkley - and I'm not exactly alone in saying I don't see one like that in this class. Get the best defensive player available at 25 and patch the RB hole through FA where the value for the money is much higher.

I'm fine if they move down into the 3rd and grab someone like Darrell Henderson (who I think has a chance to be the best RB in this draft class) but there's far better uses of that 1st-rounder.

He's also making almost 4 million a year more than Bennett did, and isn't as versatile. Jackson wasn't a bad signing, I just really don't understand why they traded Bennett.
He can play DT and Edge, seems pretty versatile to me.

They traded Bennett because he wanted a pay raise probably wasn't going to be happy w/o one.

Have to think Peters is staying, at this point. With FA essentially started, they would be doing him a disservice by waiting until Wednesday to not pick up his option and have to sit out the next couple of days as teams are looking to fill needs. If they were moving on from him, they wouldn't add that piece to it and disrespect him. 

And with other re-structures already done prior to the start today, it probably means he's coming back at the number in the option.  

Have to think Peters is staying, at this point. With FA essentially started, they would be doing him a disservice by waiting until Wednesday to not pick up his option and have to sit out the next couple of days as teams are looking to fill needs. If they were moving on from him, they wouldn't add that piece to it and disrespect him. 

And with other re-structures already done prior to the start today, it probably means he's coming back at the number in the option.  
For real, 5 minutes later I get the notification from the Eagles! 😎

ETA: Since this was announced like a signing, not an option pick-up, have to assume there was a new (lower) number involved.  :thumbup:

For real, 5 minutes later I get the notification from the Eagles! 😎

ETA: Since this was announced like a signing, not an option pick-up, have to assume there was a new (lower) number involved.  :thumbup:
I’m good with the lower number. He’s declining but it allows time for Mailata to develop and learn from a HOF player and saves money in the process. 

I doubt there's any serious interest from the Eagles on CJ Mosley. He's looking at top-5 money at his position, and a position the Eagles don't seem to value for investing big money.

Not to mention it would also likely cancel out the Foles comp pick

Just got an alert that DJax is being released.

Funny, I feel like we happen to be in the market for a speed guy...
I think the AB contract hurts us. DJax might be able to get 10-12 million for a couple years, in one last big contract based on what AB just got and the relative lack of available WR's. Can't see the Eagles spending that on a 33 yo. 

I think the AB contract hurts us. DJax might be able to get 10-12 million for a couple years, in one last big contract based on what AB just got and the relative lack of available WR's. Can't see the Eagles spending that on a 33 yo. 
Jesus really?

Had no idea he would still command that type of money.

Users who are viewing this thread