What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

As unlikely as it is for this team to advance very far this year, I think we may be witnessing the most important maturation process that Wentz may ever undergo. We are watching this guy develop a “clutch bone” in about the lousiest circumstances imaginable and he may come through this having better ENTIRE career for it. 

Lurie has to think long and hard about Howie. I don’t know what can be done about his performance.

No way I get rid of Doug, however, Groh, Duce and Walsh all need to fall on the sword.

Schwarz needs to stay. 

Dont know if this ship can righted but considering what was achieved post Chip...why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
As unlikely as it is for this team to advance very far this year, I think we may be witnessing the most important maturation process that Wentz may ever undergo. We are watching this guy develop a “clutch bone” in about the lousiest circumstances imaginable and he may come through this having better ENTIRE career for it. 

Lurie has to think long and hard about Howie. I don’t know what can be done about his performance.

No way I get rid of Doug, however, Groh, Duce and Walsh all need to fall on the sword.

Schwarz needs to stay. 

Dont know if this ship can righted but considering what was achieved post Chip...why not?
Just curious, why does Schwarz need to stay?

Schwarz needs to stay. 

I wouldn't throw Duce out.  RB's have been a strength regardless of who's back there.

I wouldn't throw Duce out.  RB's have been a strength regardless of who's back there.
Perhaps. I just feel other than O line the whole offensive staff needs an overall. Maybe I’m being unfair to Duce and if truly his only gig is RB—than cool. But if he’s a part of game planning then yep, the ax for him too.

ehh, think you are way off here and judging just based on this week's performance. Remember Dallas has had some pretty poor performances too. it is real hard to feel confident in predicting this game in any way
We made Fitzpatrick, Eli and Haskins all look good in 3 straight weeks. I can’t see Dak performing worse than those guys. I can’t see our CB’s all of a sudden being able to cover, or tackle or Swartz to adjust. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am but right now I can’t see how we stop them. 

We made Fitzpatrick, Eli and Haskins all look good in 3 straight weeks. I can’t see Dak performing worse than those guys. I can’t see our CB’s all of a sudden being able to cover, or tackle or Swartz to adjust. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am but right now I can’t see how we stop them. 
all i know is Sam Darnold coming off of mono lit up the Cowboys, even with the refs helping Dallas out. and Trubisky had a field day as well. so jury is still out

Taking the Broad St line in for the Dallas game with some buddies and thinking about trying out one of the tailgate companies for pregame.

A quick search Brough up Philly Tailgates and Green Legion, anyone use either of these or have any suggestions?

I haven't been into Xfinity Live in a while, I checked and looks like you can't reserve tables anywhere on game day?
Checking one more time, anyone have any experience here?  TIA

Kwai Chang Caine said:
You might be right. On the other hand having a TOP advantage of 13-14 minutes against the Redskin defense (HAIL to the worst defense in the league this year) lets a lot of teams win either by cruising away or by coming back and winning. The Redskin defense can not get off the field on 3rd downs.

If aliens attack earth, they give us one chance to live, the aliens have it fourth and XX yards against the Redskins, we're doomed.

Kwai Chang Caine said:

Schwarz needs to stay. 

Disagree on the bolded. Schwartz should've been fired last year. Dude is living off name rep at this point and the guys haven't developed since he was here. Duce should stay. No reason he should go. 

Kwai Chang Caine said:

Schwarz needs to stay. 

great post, agree with it all

Glad we didn't take him. Would've royally ####ed us over at this time. It's his 6th suspension in 5 yrs. How is this guy not banned from the league yet? 
He probably smoked a bit of weed.   Which is legal for everyone in his city to do.  They need to change that rule asap.

He probably smoked a bit of weed.   Which is legal for everyone in his city to do.  They need to change that rule asap.
I agree with that however he's on his 6 suspensions. Most guys are gone after their 3rd. He's been given way too many chances IMHO and keeps messing up plus his production right now really doesn't warrant keeping him at this point.

Lehigh98 said:
Lehigh98 said:
Taking the Broad St line in for the Dallas game with some buddies and thinking about trying out one of the tailgate companies for pregame.

A quick search Brough up Philly Tailgates and Green Legion, anyone use either of these or have any suggestions?

I haven't been into Xfinity Live in a while, I checked and looks like you can't reserve tables anywhere on game day?
Green Legion is solid, and also nice because it's within a section of Xfinity Live. If you're looking for a more parking-lot type of tailgate experience, Cav's (Philly Tailgates) is a great option.

You can usually get a table in advance at a few of the spots in Xfinity Live, if you're willing to put down a credit card in advance and meet a table minimum dollar amount. It was something like $50/person for the NBC Sports Arena last time we got a reservation. You just have to call ((267) 534-4264) and ask for the specific section/restaurant you want to try and book. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lehigh98 said:
I've done the Green legion tailgate many time.  It's a blast. Great atmosphere, great food, and all you can drink. I've been to London and Miami with that group also. They go all out and do it rigth.  You won't be disappointed. 

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Same as Doug. Overall think he’s still a good coordinator. I know they’ve been up and down but I’m not sure what’s better out there considering the personnel issues the team has had this year.
Has he developed a single person? 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I’m not a gambler but this one seems like a lock IMO. Can’t see how we stop them from scoring at all. 
Our defense has played much better at home than on the road, and Dallas’ worst  games this year, most notably the Jets debacle, were on the road. 

But I can still see us getting blown out.

Green Legion is solid, and also nice because it's within a section of Xfinity Live. If you're looking for a more parking-lot type of tailgate experience, Cav's (Philly Tailgates) is a great option.

You can usually get a table in advance at a few of the spots in Xfinity Live, if you're willing to put down a credit card in advance and meet a table minimum dollar amount. It was something like $50/person for the NBC Sports Arena last time we got a reservation. You just have to call ((267) 534-4264) and ask for the specific section/restaurant you want to try and book. 
Greenlegion.com/listen has Greg ward on tonight from 6-7

Some good "Dallas Week" reminiscing:

1992, MNF (this was the first Eagles game I ever went to)

44-6 was awesome, but the back-to-back butt whoopings in 2009 still make me sick

They've had our number recently

Full history (I'm old enough to have seen/remember this entire list)  :ph34r:

4th and 1 (x2) (Since this wasn't in the Wiki list)
I was at the 1981 NFC championship game, vividly remember Wilbert’s long TD. I had the privilege last year to be in **** Vermeil’s man cave/football museum at his residence and had a chance to reminisce with him about that day in front of a panoramic picture taken of the Vet during the game. We joked about being at the game with slightly different vantage points 😂 loved that he trolled the Cowboys by making them wear their blue jerseys 👍🏼

Some good "Dallas Week" reminiscing:

1992, MNF (this was the first Eagles game I ever went to)

44-6 was awesome, but the back-to-back butt whoopings in 2009 still make me sick

They've had our number recently

Full history (I'm old enough to have seen/remember this entire list)  :ph34r:

4th and 1 (x2) (Since this wasn't in the Wiki list)
I remember the James Willis game. I was sitting on my Mom's lap in the chair my dad use to sit in at our old house. I remember the two of us yelling and screaming as Willis intercepted it and handed off to William Thomas (who's autograph I just got at Training Camp that year) 

Remember the Irvine game. The fans cheered the hit but many stopped after realizing he was hurt. We were chanting Deion Sucks after Deion was doing some river dance stupid thing while his teammate was down and then went over to see if Deion was ok like 3 mins after the fact

4th and 1 I remember because I didn't go to this game. My Pop and Uncle took my Oldest cousin who's birthday was that day. I remember watching this game on TV with my mom 

The Pickle Juice game was Andy Reid's first game with the surprise outside kick to start the game we scored on. Duce had a career day as well

Last Reg season game at the Vet 

The McNabb "Cunningham escape" play to Fredex for the score on MNF 

The Game were TO breaks his ankle remember the play very well and can see it playing in my head as I type this

06 late Lito Sheppard TD I remember too I was exstatic on that

06 Christmas Day Was great

Watched the 08 MNF barn burner at a friends house 

Then the final 08 ### kicking we gave them was amazing. All the "cowgirl fans" on my campus seemingly disappeared suddenly for some odd reason

I still hate Miles AUstin

The Guitar thing didn't annoy me as much as it did for others. It was the fact McNabb was the only one who seemed to play lose while everyone else played tight those last two games and acted like they didn't give a #### 

The Dec 2013 game of Boykin INT of Kyle Orton 

OT Samatha Bradford TD to the substitute WR of the NFL J-Matt for the win

Wentz/Dak first matchup OT loss

Brandon Brooks, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, Fletcher Cox, and Ricky Lovato all were announced as Pro Bowlers for the Eagles. Big achievement for Brooks after everything he's been through. Lets hope we're watching these guys play Super Sunday instead 

Don't forget what happened when these two met up under similar circumstances in week 17 of 2008. Not for a division title (Giants owned that), but for a playoff berth.

Eagles 44

Cowboys 6

Fantasy Bowl question for my brethren here: would any of you have the balls to start Ward in PPR over Kupp or Golloday? 

I’d say my matchup is pretty damn even looking. My best player is Lamar versus his CMC.

Fantasy Bowl question for my brethren here: would any of you have the balls to start Ward in PPR over Kupp or Golloday? 

I’d say my matchup is pretty damn even looking. My best player is Lamar versus his CMC.
Over Kupp?  Ya, sure.  Over Golladay?  I wouldn't.

Just a bad feeling that Cooper and Dak are going to force the Cowboys to pay them even more after this game.  Just don't get any sense from the defense these past weeks that they have the effort to play - and that was against crappy offenses.

Where were they ranked last week?
I just said they're not always right... rankings are not perfect but they're usually right more than they're wrong.

Don't get the "Blough sucks" argument.  Golladay is averaging 17 PPG with Blough at QB. 

Don't be a homer with fantasy money on the line.  Golladay is the play.

I just said they're not always right... rankings are not perfect but they're usually right more than they're wrong.

Don't get the "Blough sucks" argument.  Golladay is averaging 17 PPG with Blough at QB. 

Don't be a homer with fantasy money on the line.  Golladay is the play.
I couldn’t care less when it comes to homerism and fantasy. 
I have Golladay in my dynasty total points league that I’m currently winning. Non PPR. He’s benched for Gallup. If bum Agholor doesn’t play I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to play Ward based upon volume. The Eagles will need to score. But hey if you want to trust Blough and Golladay and that decimated OL in Den against Von Miller go for it.

I couldn’t care less when it comes to homerism and fantasy. 
I have Golladay in my dynasty total points league that I’m currently winning. Non PPR. He’s benched for Gallup. If bum Agholor doesn’t play I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to play Ward based upon volume. The Eagles will need to score. But hey if you want to trust Blough and Golladay and that decimated OL in Den against Von Miller go for it.
You do you.  But yes I'd easily play Golladay over Ward this week.  Don't get cute in championship week, Golladay is the play. 

You do you.  But yes I'd easily play Golladay over Ward this week.  Don't get cute in championship week, Golladay is the play. 
I have one Eagle on my team, DJAX drafted this year and it was lining up to be a great call. Yes there’s a cuteness factor but in this game I’d rather have Wentz’s #1 WR in what looks be a shootout over the mess in DET.

Users who are viewing this thread