What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Kathleen Turners signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature Role

• Matty - Body Heat

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Delores - Man with two brains

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Joan Wilder - Romancing the stone

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • Joanna - Crimes of passion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peggy Sue - Peggy Sue got married

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Jessica - Who framed Roger Rabbit

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Barbara - War of the Roses

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Jane - Undercover Blyes

• Mom - Serial mom

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Rebecca - Prince of Central Park

• Charles Bing - Friends

• Eileen - Perfect Family

• Other

• Total voters

badmojo1006

Footballguy
Lots of tough choices. Body Heat, Romancing the stone, Roger Rabbit, Serial Mom.

Went with Romancing the stone.

Romancing The Stone was a fun movie and she was good in it, but this is Body Heat by a mile for me.

Romancing The Stone was a fun movie and she was good in it, but this is Body Heat by a mile for me.
Yep, I try to think of my answer before I read the poll options and almost always stick with that as it keeps with the spirit of the poll (IMO).  This is one time where I thought of one role - Romancing the Stone - but once I read the options I knew I had to go with Body Heat.  Kind of a no brainer.

Yep, I try to think of my answer before I read the poll options and almost always stick with that as it keeps with the spirit of the poll (IMO).  This is one time where I thought of one role - Romancing the Stone - but once I read the options I knew I had to go with Body Heat.  Kind of a no brainer.
She was obviously incredibly attractive, but she wasn't really my type as far as celebrity admiration went. However, for 2 hours in 1981, she was the hottest person on the damned planet. I could understand why William Hurt threw that chair through the patio door.

Guess some of it depends on age of the voters here.

Body Heat 1981 and R rated
Romancing the Stone 1984 and PG
Peggy Sue 1986 and PG-13

Loved Romancing the Stone as a kid and didnt become aware of Body Heat until much later. Peggy Sue was an ok movie.  And as great a casting as she was for Chandler's Dad on Friends, the adults would remember her for the 80s movies which makes the role more fun.

All that said, I went with Romancing the Stone (and by extension Jewel of the Nile) as my pick.  But I can understand anyone picking Body Heat.

It's funny, as I had a similar thinking path too on this one. Said to myself, if you are talking signature role it's the one critics called a jaw dropping debut of frank sexuality born of robust physicality.

But then I thought to myself, "Quick, what were her character's names in those films?"

Joan Wilder is a name I'll always remember. Matty Walker is one I have to Google.

Went with the Stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went with Body Heat, which wasn't age-related, but something I saw later on when I got into Neo-noirs. 

Awesome movie. So hot.  

She hasn't done as much as I thought she did.

Went with Barbara Rose.  Underrated movie....and if her and Douglas did another couple of movies together....they'd be right below Tracy and Hepburn in terms of movie couples.

Users who are viewing this thread