What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"They don't hate us....they want to be us!" (2 Viewers)

Generally I like Bill. A couple of the comments are off, but, you do realize it's a stand-up routine right?  

Generally I like Bill. A couple of the comments are off, but, you do realize it's a stand-up routine right?  
....and he's pandering to his audience.

An audience which consists mostly of smug, self-righteous liberals who too think that "they want to be us".

Last edited by a moderator:
He's an elitist.

...a smug, self-righteous one who lives in a liberal, self-righteous bubble with other, smug, self-righteous liberals.
Then why do you listen to him? A lot of us on the left are pretty tired of him also
Are you presuming the OP listened to the clip? Because I'm pretty sure he (and most agreeing with him) just read the Fox News Network article above and below it.

At least that's my take. Maybe I'm way off base. But you watch the first minute of that clip and the side eye glances to his guests kind of telegraph he doesn't actually believe what he's making jokes about. And that's all it was, a monologue delivered while he was sitting down, and it's the same schtick he's been doing since 1993 when Politically Incorrect first aired. 

I’m guessing Toledo votes Democrat, but ok.
There ain't no Housewives of Toledo, bud.

Bill Maher stands up for the Midwest:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oeeXjyHiw
If @Koyais rumbling around he might be interested in this.

- One thing that occurred to me in this mess is how FedEx is in Memphis, supposedly because of its central location. I’m not quite sure why Amazon didn’t favor location but I can see how liveability factors and rankings could have played a role.

One story about New Orleans / Louisiana from an eon ago was that supposedly this was Disney's first choice for a theme park location but the local pols demanded their usual cut of the profit even as they were offering extremely cheap land and everything else. It’s not just about incentives.

:X   What a bunch of self-righteous garbage.

Believe it or not....many of us do not want any part of your liberal, NPC community....not at all.

He's an elitist.

...a smug, self-righteous one who lives in a liberal, self-righteous bubble with other, smug, self-righteous liberals.

....and he's pandering to his audience.

An audience which consists mostly of smug, self-righteous liberals who too think that "they want to be us".
so much hate for such an insignificant slight. get a grip

I used to watch him back in his "Politically Incorrect" days. He was just as smug and self-righteous back then, but at least he was somewhat interesting and harder to pin down ideologically. Now, even though I'm nominally closer to him ideologically, I find him completely tiresome. The level of pandering to his audience is painful. As is the thing where he forces his guests to sit behind him chuckling while he tells jokes.

I don't particularly care, but he's awful. Please make him stop. I don't even want tangential stories about him on Yahoo or other stupid home pages. 

Argy bargy.  

If @Koyais rumbling around he might be interested in this.

- One thing that occurred to me in this mess is how FedEx is in Memphis, supposedly because of its central location. I’m not quite sure why Amazon didn’t favor location but I can see how liveability factors and rankings could have played a role.

One story about New Orleans / Louisiana from an eon ago was that supposedly this was Disney's first choice for a theme park location but the local pols demanded their usual cut of the profit even as they were offering extremely cheap land and everything else. It’s not just about incentives.
Around, but only to say hello, GB.  And occasionally vent on why that's about all it is at this point, in deference to the rules of this road.  

Don't want to become part of a negative cycle all the while my hands are tied behind my back because even truthful (if harsh) assertions or observations are pointed out. 

The right believes the exact same thing...tax cuts to the rich work because they have fooled everyone into believing they can be that rich.  Everyone wants to be rich.

The right believes the exact same thing...tax cuts to the rich work because they have fooled everyone into believing they can be that rich.  Everyone wants to be rich.
something like 19% of people think they're in the top 1%, and when you change the question to "will you ever be in the top 1%?", it goes up significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread