What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"They don't hate us....they want to be us!" (1 Viewer)

You can just not watch him.
My entire point is that I don't and still see him everywhere. I can't log into my email without some dumb article about him. 

I don't watch him. I have no desire to give that fool any of my time, but apparently our gatekeepers have determined that he deserves my time for some reason that is completely unbeknownst to me.  

My entire point is that I don't and still see him everywhere. I can't log into my email without some dumb article about him. 

I don't watch him. I have no desire to give that fool any of my time, but apparently our gatekeepers have determined that he deserves my time for some reason that is completely unbeknownst to me.  

Really? I never hear about him unless someone like @Opie is outraged. And then, I usually just ignore it.

Well that sucks for you. I have no more advice. 

I have never heard any of this about him until I opened this thread.  You must be following a lot of things that are related to him in order to keep seeing it.

He's a fool, really?  He seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

I had a friend that would send me all these whacko conservative chain emails.  I blocked him, but part of me wonders if I could have converted Obama to a Christian if I forwarded that email to 10 other people.

Maher gets paid to create division in our country. What else would you expect?
I disagree. If Maher's job description was to create division, then he would be more consistent with his liberal/conservative positions.

His persistent attacks on organized religion, for example, have found an agreeable audience on both the left and the right. See also his frequent mocking of uber-liberal PC beliefs (hence the name of his show).

Just that NY is "known" by many to be a bastion of liberalism. An elite bubble.

It's a BIG state.
You're correct. Like CA, they get those reputations from their big cities, but Upstate NY is actually pretty conservative, though has become closer to 50/50 in recent years. 2 distinct lifestyles based on where you are.

Maher can be interesting and funny at times. Plus the guy has surviving power. Probably the only talk show host who could drop the N-Bomb on live TV and get away with it.

Maybe consider unsubscribing from the "Daily Manufactured Outrage" newsletter?
Good suggestion.

I am a fan of Maher and follow him on Twitter, but even with that I can't say that I see him everywhere. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick Google search finds Maher appearing this week in GQ, The Hill, Real Clear Politics, Deadline, City Pages, TMZ, and Newsweek. 

That's at first blush. 

Do your own research from now on, lefties. I'm really tired of wasting my time refuting the obvious. 

Thanks in advance.  

A quick Google search finds Maher appearing this week in GQ, The Hill, Real Clear Politics, Deadline, City Pages, TMZ, and Newsweek. 

That's at first blush. 

Do your own research from now on, lefties. I'm really tired of wasting my time refuting the obvious. 

Thanks in advance.  
its funny for the left, making fun of everyone that doesn't agree with them

sure, might be hateful and mean, hurtful and divisive ... but c'mon, its funny, laugh a little !!    :(   

Eh, I can take that or leave it. Maher is a not-so-bright tool. He might as well be called Wedge, which, as we know, is the simplest of tools.  
I like the non-elitist rightie calling someone not-so-bright.  Hopefully you're at least smart enough to detect the irony.  

I like the non-elitist rightie calling someone not-so-bright.  Hopefully you're at least smart enough to detect the irony.  
I've never really hid behind any "non-elitist" platform, actually, but even if I was, somebody who is smug regarding their own intelligence when they're not very bright in the first place is also ironic in a whole special way.  

Yeah, you can't make this stuff up. And I doubt that Maher's critics who call him not-so-bright have seen his show with any regularity (if at all). You can disagree with his take on things (which I do on several issues) but anyone who has watched him in his panel discussions with his weekly guests should realize that he a fairly intelligent guy.

Yeah, you can't make this stuff up. And I doubt that Maher's critics who call him not-so-bright have seen his show with any regularity (if at all). You can disagree with his take on things (which I do on several issues) but anyone who has watched him in his panel discussions with his weekly guests should realize that he a fairly intelligent guy.
Yeah, he's a real firecracker in the intellect department and I've complained tons about elitism before.

What is your little catch phrase/emoticon? 

Oh, this one. Okie dokie.  :hophead:

"I get emails about him every day" suddenly became "well google him if you doubt he's in the news, libturds."

It really is okay to not double-down every time someone calls you on your bull####.
My yahoo home page, Dwight. That's what he's on. I never said I got emails about him. 

I hope you feel stupid, because you sound it right now.  

It really is okay, this reading comprehension thing.  

Typical PSF. Angry, judgmental, devoid of understanding and comprehension. 

The winner is...and appropriately named...

@Ignoramus 

I'd expect him to come in and say "Gee, maybe I was wrong. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so vituperative before I'd read and understood what the person was trying to say," but given the cesspool that the liberals inhabit in this place, I'm not waiting with bated breath.  

🎼 Ooh la la...I'm wrong

Ooh la la...just wrong

🎶 I don't understand/I'm so angry/about something/that I don't understand/yes, I don't understand/why...Bill Maher is everywhere/and I don't agree that he is/

So he isn't/even though he is/everywhere/like GQ/like The Hill/Like HuffPo/Like everywhere

But maybe if I say it loud, it'll be true. Does that work for you?🎶

IG-NOR-AMUS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am angry. And totally triggered, too. You can tell how upset I am by the number of consecutive times I have posted and personally insulted someone.

Name a policy.  Besides weed.
He knows about as much about Maher as I do about Ann Coulter. What they look like and a handful of their most outrageous statements.  Can all but guarantee @GROOT has never watched anything of Maher's show other than a few quick hit videos linked by a right wing news outlet fomenting outrage at the "hateful left."

I align pretty closely with Maher on a lot of topics but the way he bashes religion bugs the hell outta me.

But, he's a comedian first and foremost and that's the best way to get away with saying truly outrageous and offensive things. And he can be pretty damn funny, despite having a really punchable face.

My yahoo home page, Dwight. That's what he's on. I never said I got emails about him. 

I hope you feel stupid, because you sound it right now.  

It really is okay, this reading comprehension thing.  
:mellow:

8 hours ago, rockaction said:

My entire point is that I don't and still see him everywhere. I can't log into my email without some dumb article about him

Users who are viewing this thread