What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's cure sleep (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
If we could figure out a way to eliminate the need to sleep, we could essentially "live" twice as long.  

This has always been one of my many recurring thoughts that come up while sitting on the toilet.  I like to think about what I would do with all that time every night.  Take up a new model train hobby, write a book, etc.  It would all be pretty much indoor time because it's dark.  

This has always been one of my many recurring thoughts that come up while sitting on the toilet.  I like to think about what I would do with all that time every night.  Take up a new model train hobby, write a book, etc.  It would all be pretty much indoor time because it's dark.  
I like to think I'd use that time for reading and learning new things.  Or catching up on my DVR.

It is if you see it as a disease that consumes a large chunk of your life.  
It's an inefficiency of the human body.  Like ####ting and pissing.  It'd be nice to cure those too.  Make the body so efficient that it uses everything you eat and drink and doesn't produce any waste.  

Sounds like you are heading to be some droid, but even HAL had problems.   Without sleep/dreaming, everyone is probably a stress case. 
Well, yeah, that would be the eventual end goal.  My brain with a robot body.  Able to go on living forever.  Continuous learning for eons that would eventually lead to each and every one of us ruling our own planet in the infinite universe.  

Or at least catch up on my DVR.

Well, yeah, that would be the eventual end goal.  My brain with a robot body.  Able to go on living forever.  Continuous learning for eons that would eventually lead to each and every one of us ruling our own planet in the infinite universe.  

Or at least catch up on my DVR.
Will still require software updates as world around you changes/advances.  And you know how well software updates work - never any glitches. Well unless you are some supreme being and can control everything. In the meantime, I will enjoy my sleep. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called progress.  We shouldn't fear it.  I mean, you should fear me when I become a robotic overlord, ruler of Planet Rygorx 8.  But you shouldn't fear change.

If you’re a desk jockey like me, you could front load much of the day’s reading and writing and do it overnight. And if everyone else handled it the same way, you could start doing conference calls at night. Then free up the day for outdoor fun.  

Of course the trouble is it would never work that way.  The calls and emails and work would just continue throughout the daylight too, essentially doubling the work day.

If you cure sleep, I’ll cut you  

I think you are undervaluing skulking and lurking about in the shadows time.

Drunken Cowboy said:
There is a Doctor Who episode about this. It ends with eye booger monsters, no thanks.
There's an American Dad episode about it too. It ends with the lead couple rekindling their love for one another after the husband uses his newfound spare time to win a video game contest while the wife uses her newfound spare time to discover a colossal squid, which her husband then kills with a speargun.  So, mixed results?

Gianni Verscotchie said:
Humans are the only animal that needs to wipe also. I'm so jealous when my dog craps outside then comes right back in 10 seconds later.

What did humans do before toilet paper?
You sure about that?  I think I learned at a young age that bears use rabbits to wipe.

Our houses would be filled with multiple dens.  Another plus to curing sleep.

Gianni Verscotchie said:
Humans are the only animal that needs to wipe also. I'm so jealous when my dog craps outside then comes right back in 10 seconds later.

What did humans do before toilet paper?
sniff each others' butts a lot more.

If we could figure out a way to eliminate the need to sleep, we could essentially "live" twice as long.  
Who doesn't need a break from the world for about 6-10 hours a day? And, I would miss the dreams.

And, now how do I do this, hmmm?

So afterwards,  the both of you get up get dressed and go back to the grind.....that would suck. I want to float around on that little boat as I drift off into...zzzzzzz.

Living to be 160 is a good thing?  So you work until you're a real oldster? All those old people out on the roads?

What would the drinking age be?  Old soldiers?  Old cops?

Users who are viewing this thread