What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

This goes directly to the top. I can’t wait to see who he rats out. It’s going to be glorious. Have Comey and Brennan tweeted lately?
No doubt, if given the attention it deserves I’m sure it will. They deserve the same scrutiny Trump gets if not more, let’s investigate them all to the same level as the Russia excuse was. 

CNN broke it, WaPo expanded it on it. Both are posted in the FBI thread.
WaPo already changing there story.

The Washington Post deleted a key detail from its reporting about the FBI lawyer accused of altering a document related to the surveillance of a former Trump campaign adviser, according to a new report.

The newspaper nixed a portion of its story that identified the lawyer as an FBI employee underneath Peter Strzok, the ousted FBI agent who worked on the feds’ investigation into Russian election meddling, Fox News reported.

The update was made just after midnight Friday without explanation.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/22/washington-post-quietly-changes-story-on-altered-russia-probe-document/

The newspaper nixed a portion of its story that identified the lawyer as an FBI employee underneath Peter Strzok, the ousted FBI agent who worked on the feds’ investigation into Russian election meddling, Fox News reported.

The update was made just after midnight Friday without explanation.
Yeah, I saw that. But, I'm not exactly sure if or why Trump supporters are finding that helpful? I've mentioned this before but Fisa applications, for anyone, can involve scores of people, basically fact checking and sourcing. And it's agents and lawyers, I used to mention that in the Russia thread. That's what this sounds like.

Please.....stop the board cop stuff.. 
It's not so much that, it's just that there are links there and some prior discussion, albeit just small bit. I also don't want to hassle you guys in your thread, I'm mostly just interested in your POV and then that's it. If anyone wants to discuss this stuff in detail glad to do it in the FBI thread (which really hardly anyone uses, so it would be good for longer discussions). Just an idea.

It's not so much that, it's just that there are links there and some prior discussion, albeit just small bit. I also don't want to hassle you guys in your thread, I'm mostly just interested in your POV and then that's it. If anyone wants to discuss this stuff in detail glad to do it in the FBI thread (which really hardly anyone uses, so it would be good for longer discussions). Just an idea.
You and Sho probably have more posts in this thread than anyone.

Exactly..well said

Yeah, I saw that. But, I'm not exactly sure if or why Trump supporters are finding that helpful? I've mentioned this before but Fisa applications, for anyone, can involve scores of people, basically fact checking and sourcing. And it's agents and lawyers, I used to mention that in the Russia thread. That's what this sounds like.
Tip of the iceberg.  The Durham investigation will be the real bombshell.

I think many would agree it’s his most intelligent comment to date.....really too bad he dropped out of the presidential race. 
The best comp for Swalwell I ever heard was Joe Biden. Gets elected at a young age having never had a real job in his life. The guy is only 39 and has been in Washington for almost a decade. He will run for President several more times and be around until 2050. 

The best comp for Swalwell I ever heard was Joe Biden. Gets elected at a young age having never had a real job in his life. The guy is only 39 and has been in Washington for almost a decade. He will run for President several more times and be around until 2050. 
Hey, Tucker Carlson needs a consistent punching bad on his show so I guess there's that positive. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
The best comp for Swalwell I ever heard was Joe Biden. Gets elected at a young age having never had a real job in his life. The guy is only 39 and has been in Washington for almost a decade. He will run for President several more times and be around until 2050
That isn't true. He worked as a Deputy District Attorney for Alameda County, which is considered a real job:

https://www.alcoda.org/newsroom/2012/nov/dda_eric_swalwell_elected_to_congress

Swalwell grew up in Dublin, and but for a few years in Maryland for college and law school, has been in the Bay Area all his life. He started at the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office in 2006, and joined the Dublin City Council in 2010. In 2012 he took unpaid leave from the DA’s office to conduct his congressional campaign. During his time with our office he prosecuted thousands of cases including 34 jury trials in cases of domestic violence, human trafficking, and murder. Eric served as Alameda County’s hate-crimes prosecutor from 2010-2012.

Nah, don’t wanna spike the football or play the told you so game on you guys over there.
You might want to read the reporting on it so far.  There is no told you so.  Also...thats how the board is supposed to work.  You see, that thread is for discussion in that issue.  This one about Trump and re-election, correct?

C’mon man!
Just being consistent with what the people.  This thread have stated to others. If they want to discuss here...fine, but that means no claiming everyone else should stick to the thread topic then of the report is as its currently being reported as nothing really in it.

That post came across really bad to me, at least to me it did. I read it a few times , closed the thread and then went back and read it again. Incredible 
It was a horrible idea for a new thread.  If anything, a thread about how to be non Trump supporter would have made more sense.  The snark level has increased again and it is coming from the anti-Trump folks.  They are the ones who may end up getting the forum shut down.

Sometimes when someone tries to help a situation it comes out wrong.  I don't think Joe had anything but the best interest at heart but this board will not change at least for 5 more years.  It is a shame really but the left leaning posters here are not going to change not for even a little while.  It is hard to get rid of a holier than thou attitude when you have had it for so long.

Man, the thread posted is truly sad. Very disturbing but gives a great view of how they feel things should be. Wish there was a place to speak freely and discuss but knowing our place and valuing the football content this time of year I'll shut up and know my place I guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a minority here, so unless you can provide a footnoted dissertation to support your opinions please go to the back of the bus?  
That's the way it comes across, a unique environment for sure. My family and work will always come well before being a dissertation type in here, if that's their stance I hope they will make that rule clear on whatever the official list is now. I think it's interesting to see these extreme points of view in here but value the football content much more and not looking for a vacation for giving honest opinions. 

Users who are viewing this thread