What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

A lieutenant colonel in the armed forces, who fought and probably bled for this country, who has every right to his rank, and you think he's not trustworthy? Exactly zero GOP politicians have earned even the tiniest fraction of the trust that this man has earned.
Wait until General Flynn gets cleared. Can’t wait to hear you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

11/19/19, 12:15 AM

Nancy Pelosi just stated that “it is dangerous to let the voters decide Trump’s fate.” ⁦‪@FoxNews‬⁩ In other words, she thinks I’m going to win and doesn’t want to take a chance on letting the voters decide. Like Al Green, she wants to change our voting system. Wow, she’s CRAZY!
Did we ever get an explanation here?

Trump quoting the Speaker seems like a big deal.

It was disgraceful what the FBI did to him
In what way?  Seems more disgraceful what Flynn has done to this country and his own actions that led to him being let go during the Obama administration...and having had Obama have to warn Trump not to hire him (and then he did anyway).

A lieutenant colonel in the armed forces, who fought and probably bled for this country, who has every right to his rank, and you think he's not trustworthy? Exactly zero GOP politicians have earned even the tiniest fraction of the trust that this man has earned.
Did you feel the same about Lt. Col. Oliver North?

You’ve said many times that you would keep an open mind and listen to the testimonies during these hearings and form your opinions from them. We had a firsthand witness confirm there was a quid pro quo, but you choose not to believe what you’re listening to and instead stick to the same talking point you had before we heard from these witnesses. 

You’ve said many times that you would keep an open mind and listen to the testimonies during these hearings and form your opinions from them. We had a firsthand witness confirm there was a quid pro quo, but you choose not to believe what you’re listening to and instead stick to the same talking point you had before we heard from these witnesses. 
It is that witness opinion which contradicts other witness opinions.  How can you be so certain this witness is correct and not the others?

It is that witness opinion which contradicts other witness opinions.  How can you be so certain this witness is correct and not the others?
Such as?  His own Chief of Staff confirmed there was a quid pro quo.  The witnesses that have testified so far have confirmed there was a quid pro quo.  The only one I can think of that has said there was none as far as I can tell is Trump, and even he alludes that there is nothing wrong with it if there was quid pro quo.

Such as?  His own Chief of Staff confirmed there was a quid pro quo.  The witnesses that have testified so far have confirmed there was a quid pro quo.  The only one I can think of that has said there was none as far as I can tell is Trump, and even he alludes that there is nothing wrong with it if there was quid pro quo.
Volker and Mulvaney now denies it

Volker and Mulvaney now denies it
Volker's text messages with Yermak directly discuss the proposed quid pro quo and coordination with Rudy Giuliani, who is acting as Trump's personal attorney in this matter.

ETA: I'll drop the impeachment talk in here since there is a more appropriate thread to discuss it in.

Everyone he touches lies.

"This is the note I left my successor. Really dispiriting to hear this from @PressSec, a person with whom I spent a couple amicable hours with during the the 2016 transition where I wished her nothing but institutional knowledge, good luck and all our support."

https://mobile.twitter.com/petervelz/status/1196810444507353088
If only the Press Secretary ever met with the press and then maybe someone could ask her about this.

Did you feel the same about Lt. Col. Oliver North?
I'll vouch for North's testimony - North testified against William Casey and Robert McFarlane, telling Congress they ordered him to destroy documents. He also came clean and admitted he had previously misled Congress. The ACLU got North's convictions overturned, because his testimony was immunized. No one testifying this week has required immunity, but the fact that North had immunity means he was telling the truth about those things, but also yeah his career was sterling. He testified he was acting out of duty the whole time.

Please watch this. TIA.

Everyone he touches lies.

"This is the note I left my successor. Really dispiriting to hear this from @PressSec, a person with whom I spent a couple amicable hours with during the the 2016 transition where I wished her nothing but institutional knowledge, good luck and all our support."

https://mobile.twitter.com/petervelz/status/1196810444507353088
You don’t believe this? Democrats did this same thing on the way out with Bush coming in. Being this petty is who they are.

Sup doods. 

Same old same old. I mean trump lies so no one can call anyone else on the other side a liar logic.  Brilliant. 
Not “no one else” but certainly someone who supports a liar. 

If you’re (not you personally but the you in the hypothetical) a Trump supporters then yes that kills arguments that person makes about another being a liar.  It’s a difficult stance to take of being a supporter of one liar while calling out somebody else for lying.  

Sondland. "The trifecta of unreliability "  "I said numerous time I presumed"  "Bermisa? Never heard of it."  Good lord.  :lmao:
Seriously, what do you even do with that comments like that?  Democrats in the Clinton White House took all the W’s off the keyboards, so this pattern of Democrats leaving the White House doing extremely immature petty stuff fits the narrative. “No no Trump lied or something!” Just so ridiculous.

Keep dreaming 
I wanted Trump to do what was right when he got elected, despite my not voting for him. Since then, he's lied over 12000 times, antagonized pretty much every group of people not white and/or male, just about every decision he's made has been an abject failure, and his hubris now has him in hot water for trying to abuse his power to find dirt on Biden, who is leading him in just about every trustworthy poll(of course, Trump's trailing just about every major contender now, so not a high bar to clear anymore). I will not support him or anyone who does.

I wanted Trump to do what was right when he got elected, despite my not voting for him. Since then, he's lied over 12000 times, antagonized pretty much every group of people not white and/or male, just about every decision he's made has been an abject failure, and his hubris now has him in hot water for trying to abuse his power to find dirt on Biden, who is leading him in just about every trustworthy poll(of course, Trump's trailing just about every major contender now, so not a high bar to clear anymore). I will not support him or anyone who does.
And yet you keep posting in the Trump 2020 thread.  Odd.

If you’re (not you personally but the you in the hypothetical) a Trump supporters then yes that kills arguments that person makes about another being a liar.  It’s a difficult stance to take of being a supporter of one liar while calling out somebody else for lying.  
Let me get this straight, anyone whose ever supported a politician that didn't tell the truth 100% has no right calling out BS from the other side?  That's the hill you want to die on?  That's the standard you're setting?   :lmao: . Yep, a whole pile of same old, same old, But Trump!  

You would think he would be busy posting about his team in the debate thread.  

The Democrat debate is in 55 minutes and there have only been a dozen posts today in there, and 6 were from the same person. Such low energy for the Democrat field.
Rolling Stones drinking rules. :

DRINK EVERY TIME:

A candidate or moderator says “Quid pro quo,” “bribery,” or “Burisma,” or says something supportive of the Bolivian coup;

Someone invokes Barack Obama’s reference to being rooted in “reality” with regard to Medicare for All, the wealth tax, etc.;

Buttigieg says something craven to try to repair his relationship with black voters;

A candidate says, “Let me be clear.” Double-shot if this is followed by an unclear statement;

Rachel Maddow mentions Russia, or (hat tip to @sarahelabance) blinks more than 10 times per question;

Kamala Harris engages in trademark cringey-laugh. Double-shot if it comes with a hand on a hip and a prosecutorial side-eye;

Tulsi Gabbard says “soldier” or “regime change wars”;

Bernie says “billionaires”;

Biden says “Look,” “Listen,” or “the United States of America.” Double-shot if he says “America” twice in the same sentence, e.g. “Americans are the best hope of the United States of America”;

Warren tries to sound homespun or (h/t to @sunglassesgir1) touches her face mid-answer. Double-shot if she does the #Lizholio gesture;

Andrew Yang goes more than 20 minutes without being called upon, or makes a woke-uncomfortable comment;

Klobuchar makes a clearly planned, not-funny joke;

Tom Steyer says something that sounds like he doesn’t have a billion dollars. You may drink each time you find yourself asking who he is;

Cory Booker, favorite son of tony Harrington Park, New Jersey, mentions the flying of bullets in his neighborhood;

“Folks.”

Who do you support?

Let me get this straight, anyone whose ever supported a politician that didn't tell the truth 100% has no right calling out BS from the other side?  That's the hill you want to die on?  That's the standard you're setting?   :lmao: . Yep, a whole pile of same old, same old, But Trump!  
No that’s not what I said and you know it.  You fully understand my point. You’re trying to frame this as if it’s within the normal context. Trumps scale of lying is no where near the “normal” realm.  Again you know this.  

I also never said anything about anyone having the right to do anything.  Anyone certainly does it’s a free country.  It’s just extraordinarily ironic when a Trump supporter calls out other politicians as being liars and using this to point out that politicians ineptitude.  

You keep giving gifts to the Trump Great Place thread.  :thumbup:

No that’s not what I said and you know it.  You fully understand my point. You’re trying to frame this as if they’re within the normal context. Trumps scale of lying is no where near the “normal” realm.  Again you know this.  

I also never said anything about anyone having the right to do anything.  Anyone certainly does it’s a free country.  It’s just extraordinarily ironic when a Trump supporter calls out other politicians as being liars and using this to point out that politicians ineptitude.  
Perhaps you dont understand what But Trump! means?  No, clearly you do:   Extraordinary!   Not normal! 

Wait, this is a new one....Trump Scale!  :lol:

A liar politician! Trump scale!  Read my lips, I did not have sexual relations with that woman, if you like your health care plan, there will be no military intervention in Cuba, weapons of mass destruction, the Soviets have more bombs than us!  

Widbil83 said:
You would think he would be busy posting about his team in the debate thread.  

The Democrat debate is in 55 minutes and there have only been a dozen posts today in there, and 6 were from the same person. Such low energy for the Democrat field.
I'm not a Democrat, but you guys are making a very strong case for why they're in the right on this. Literally nothing the Republicans have said about this entire situation has been the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread