What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (19 Viewers)

I admit I appreciate people concerned over the Constitution, I too am a no for a 3rd term.  Just as I'm sure anyone worrying over that is equally, possibly even more alarmed that Liz Warren is openly calling for abolishing the electoral college, which is explicitly set forth in the Constitution.  
Love it.

That’s one....it’s not plural that the Republicans set out to do that and a concerted effort.
That’s why I said could be argued “started”.  1 more and it’s plural.  And “concerted” is pretty broad.  As I said it’s a low bar and the only reason that bet is a possibility.  But I definitely side with the point of the argument your making by offering the bet.  

That’s why I said could be argued “started”.  1 more and it’s plural.  And “concerted” is pretty broad.  As I said it’s a low bar and the only reason that bet is a possibility.  But I definitely side with the point of the argument your making by offering the bet.  
Neither party is going to push for more than 2 terms as President. 

Let's think about this for a minute. Support for impeaching is at 45% and dropping as it goes to vote.  It's not going to rise now all the info is out and people a few weeks from now when nothing comes of it are going to have buyers remorse. It will drop to what 30-35% by next November, less than that for independents. What's the winning answer to gain independents when the Democratic candidate gets asked, "You supported impeachment in 2019, do you still think that was a good idea?"
If 44% of Indies (that’s you & me I believe) think Trump should be *impeached, that’s *not a good sign for winning independents. There’s an x tier that think he shouldn’t be impeached but also don’t think he should be re-elected. That impeachment number is just a ratio showing how agitated people are and that’s a really high number for Independents.

I admit I appreciate people concerned over the Constitution, I too am a no for a 3rd term.  Just as I'm sure anyone worrying over that is equally, possibly even more alarmed that Liz Warren is openly calling for abolishing the electoral college, which is explicitly set forth in the Constitution.  
The constitution isn't infallible. The EC is an awful byproduct of an awful time in the country's history.

0.0 percent chance that gets overturned despite what ever efforts.  3/4 of states need to ratify it even if the first improbable hurdle 2/3rd’s congress approval.  Trump getting impeached in the Senate has better odds and that stands at less then zero.  
It won’t happen even with Trump having won 60% of the states.  The point is the fourth estates and Dems have pulled out every tactic they could to thwart the MAGA agenda.  

I’m fine with Jim Jordan in 2024.  

Meh.  EC is a brilliant check and balance.  Otherwise the landowners will be subject to the sheltered whims of those that have never even operated a garbage disposal or have a drivers license.  
Either of those would not enter into a decision of who I would vote for in any election. I vaguely recall AOC grew up in a city or a borough that outlawed garbage disposals (although I could be wrong) and I am not sure who didn't have a driver's license (Hillary hadn't driven in a couple decades because she still has SS protection from the Clinton WH years (who won't allow her to drive).

Last edited by a moderator:
We are where we are because Democrats have put party over country for the last 3 years.   
Remind me again who's actually putting forth bipartisan legislation in the House, only for it to sit and rot on McConnell's desk, because it certainly isn't the Democrats. Mitch McConnell and the republicans refuse to do their jobs that they were elected to do. That's putting party over country.

Remind me again who's actually putting forth bipartisan legislation in the House, only for it to sit and rot on McConnell's desk, because it certainly isn't the Democrats. Mitch McConnell and the republicans refuse to do their jobs that they were elected to do. That's putting party over country.
Staging protests since the day after the inauguration or planning impeachment without a crime for the last three years because you can’t embrace defeat in 2016 is the epitome of party over country.  

Staging protests since the day after the inauguration or planning impeachment without a crime for the last three years because you can’t embrace defeat in 2016 is the epitome of party over country.  
The Constitution does not require that an actual crime be committed for impeachment.

Prove that they actually did that, because I can go back to November 2008 when the GOP did the exact same thing to Obama.

Just a temperature take here:

- Do Trump supporters think the Senate GOP should hold a full trial with witnesses, including whoever Trump wants, or do they favor the quick 10-14 day process with no witnesses that McConnell is proposing?

- TIA, I’ll hang up and listen.

- Do Trump supporters think the Senate GOP should hold a full trial with witnesses, including whoever Trump wants, or do they favor the quick 10-14 day process with no witnesses that McConnell is proposing?

I think they should take about 20 minutes. Vote to acquit and move on   No sense wasting any money or time on this baseless partisan snipe hunt   

I'll comment on what the smart thing to do is. Wrap this up in the shortest way possible while giving the appearance of giving it the weight it deserves.

I'm not convinced they'll be smart enough or cool headed enough to avoid a circus however.

I'll comment on what the smart thing to do is. Wrap this up in the shortest way possible while giving the appearance of giving it the weight it deserves.

I'm not convinced they'll be smart enough or cool headed enough to avoid a circus however.
IMO the ship on the bolded has sailed.  With the rhetoric that they would not even pay attention to the house hearings...and now not even really call witnesses and are ready to acquit.

If a jury member would do this in/before a trial, how quickly would they be in jail?

Obviously, they are going to impeach Trump on hearsay, hate, and jealousy. 
No, actually the articles of impeachment going to the full house next week will be for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress - and it is hard to argue he didn't commit the latter by refusing to comply with subpoenas for documents and not allowing witnesses with direct, first hand knowledge of his actions regarding Ukraine to testify (who could presumably exonerate him if he were truly innocent).

I think they should take about 20 minutes. Vote to acquit and move on   No sense wasting any money or time on this baseless partisan snipe hunt
I’m old enough to remember when Turley was owning the Dems, but this is not at all what he wanted. 

No, actually the articles of impeachment going to the full house next week will be for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress - and it is hard to argue he didn't commit the latter by refusing to comply with subpoenas for documents and not allowing witnesses with direct, first hand knowledge of his actions regarding Ukraine to testify (who could presumably exonerate him if he were truly innocent).
:shrug:

I’ve seen no evidence.  

Stay vigilant my friends....

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

12/13/19, 3:42 PM

Facts:

Detroit's voting roll has 511,786 voters registered

Detroit only has 479,267 residents of voting age & eligibility

There are 2,503 dead voters & even one voter born in 1823

This is how Democrats are going to try and take back Michigan from Trump

We can't let them

Stay vigilant my friends....