What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (16 Viewers)

When Trump took office he told us all what a mess he inherited.  This is further proof that he wasn’t lying.  
And in 3 years he was unable to buy some masks and ventilators.

🤣

(I laugh, but this level of incompetence is utterly horrifying in the current situation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people understand that "Not soon enough!" is always a clamor that can be shouted no matter how well bad things are handled. In this case it's too soon to know how well we stack up against our peers, but, if I were on the side of Russia! , Collusion! and Impeach! there isnt much reason I'd put too many chips on But This Time!  

Silly Geese trying to silence the truth so they can continue the it’s all Trump’s fault blatant falsehoods?   

https://news.yahoo.com/over-100-000-sign-petition-163628816.html
It’s dated. As of yesterday, Trump is finally saying the right things. He finally recognizes the gravity of the situation. 

Of course, that’s a little embarrassing for you and all of the others who thought he was doing a swell job before yesterday, but better to be embarrassed than to continue to be wrong. 

It’s dated. As of yesterday, Trump is finally saying the right things. He finally recognizes the gravity of the situation. 

Of course, that’s a little embarrassing for you and all of the others who thought he was doing a swell job before yesterday, but better to be embarrassed than to continue to be wrong. 
So good of you to drop in and let people know that their opinions are wrong and that they should be embarrassed to have them

So good of you to drop in and let people know that their opinions are wrong and that they should be embarrassed to have them
I’m sorry about that. I don’t know how else to characterize it. Prior to yesterday, despite making a few good decisions from time to time, President Trump underrated the gravity of the situation, refused to take appropriate action, and very likely contributed to needless death. And his supporters here and elsewhere stridently defended every one of Trump’s false and dangerous statements. So yes, if you are one of those supporters who defended him, you were wrong and you should be embarrassed. But that’s in the past now. Trump seems to be finally getting it right. He still hasn’t translated it into action (he needs to use the DPA and push for a nationwide shutdown) but he’s finally on the right path. 

• Smile
Reactions: rct

I am in a state with competent local and state government, Ohio, that is working well with the Federal Government and made moves early.  Obviously, we will have different perspective on the impact of the Wutan Flu.  

I’m sorry about that. I don’t know how else to characterize it. Prior to yesterday, despite making a few good decisions from time to time, President Trump underrated the gravity of the situation, refused to take appropriate action, and very likely contributed to needless death. And his supporters here and elsewhere stridently defended every one of Trump’s false and dangerous statements. So yes, if you are one of those supporters who defended him, you were wrong and you should be embarrassed. But that’s in the past now. Trump seems to be finally getting it right. He still hasn’t translated it into action (he needs to use the DPA and push for a nationwide shutdown) but he’s finally on the right path. 
Once again thanks for letting me know my opinions are wrong and embarrassing, that's mighty big of you.

I am in a state with competent local and state government, Ohio, that is working well with the Federal Government and made moves early.  Obviously, we will have different perspective on the impact of the Wutan Flu.  
That’s good to hear. You have a competent governor, DeWine, who took things much more seriously than President Trump did early on. 

So you don't deny it.  Interesting.

Also, restocking a damn inventory of ventilators and medical supplies would take a day or two in a competent administration.  Obama was faced with, at least what used to be, the worst economic situation since the depression due to Bush's bunglings.  Now I wonder what the next president will face, hopefully not Trump, due to Trump's terrible leadership (or lack thereof).
Well to be fair, the 2008 recession dated back to policies enacted by the Clinton Adminstration.  Look at the deregulation of the mortgage and banking industries (see, Housing and Community Redevelopment Act of 1992, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999).  This allowed for mortgage backed securities where high risk mortgages were being wrapped with an underfunded insurance industry to turn risky loans into AAA rated securities.  Bush II certainly should face some blame for not reversing those policies and allowing the bubble to continue to grow before it burst but the 2008 recession has its roots prior to Bush II.  

Has there ever been a stronger realization than now (most of us knew this) that the media doesn’t actually report news but tries to shape it regarding their boycott of the task force meetings?  I didn’t think the media could possibly shame itself any more than it already has, but I was wrong.

The Obama/Biden Administration
Trump has been President three years. I won't rehash some of the decisions along the way under his watch, some made personally by him.

It would be good if we had an honest discussion as a country R & D & I about national health and security policy addressing novel viruses. We have had SARS, MERS, H1N1/swine, Ebola. This is actually accelerated past climate change because it's not only imminent, it's here. I have noticed that much of our ventilator and mask/surgical equipment supplies have been coming from military stockpiles and warehousing. Obviously we have had a need to be prepared for bioweapons attacks, either from foreign adversaries like Russia or China but also possibly terrorists. There have been several national security reports on this, yet most recently in the middle of this crisis Trump fired his Director of National Intelligence and his chief of staff, and he also blocked testimony on the Hill about the yearly national security threat briefing, of which this was surely a piece. That's not an attack on Trump (obviously it's a criticism), it's really a plea for everyone, including Trump supporters but also Trump critics, to put this on the front burner. Since 2000 alone, we have had global terrorism, climate change and now this novel virus spread as part of our suite of national security threats arise. Please consider calling for reform and serious policy from Trump and really any administration that comes next. We have a lot on our plate, America.

Oof. I can’t think of a worse time than now to mock border security. Joe Biden will probably flip flop back to his original  position of needing a wall any day now. 
True. That tipped over fence has been the key component to stopping the invasion of the invisible scoorge!

Has there ever been a stronger realization than now (most of us knew this) that the media doesn’t actually report news but tries to shape it regarding their boycott of the task force meetings?  I didn’t think the media could possibly shame itself any more than it already has, but I was wrong.
Pence is on CNN live now, unfettered, and you know what he's great. The place where he falters is when he has to do those awful rear end defenses of Trump. Similarly the medical and HHS and DHS staff around Trump on that dais day after day have been great. At some point, and it's usually right after he finishes his opening remarks, the president simply becomes a hindrance to getting accurate, useful, needed information out in a time of extreme crisis.

Pence is on CNN live now, unfettered, and you know what he's great. The place where he falters is when he has to do those awful rear end defenses of Trump. Similarly the medical and HHS and DHS staff around Trump on that dais day after day have been great. At some point, and it's usually right after he finishes his opening remarks, the president simply becomes a hindrance to getting accurate, useful, needed information out in a time of extreme crisis.
It's right around when he begins the defecting of any blame. He starts going on about how there are 151 other nations dealing with this and no one saw this coming or lately that if we did nothing as he was being told by "business leaders" and ride this out like a cowboy that we would have 2 million dead. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Trump has been President three years. I won't rehash some of the decisions along the way under his watch, some made personally by him.

It would be good if we had an honest discussion as a country R & D & I about national health and security policy addressing novel viruses. We have had SARS, MERS, H1N1/swine, Ebola. This is actually accelerated past climate change because it's not only imminent, it's here. I have noticed that much of our ventilator and mask/surgical equipment supplies have been coming from military stockpiles and warehousing. Obviously we have had a need to be prepared for bioweapons attacks, either from foreign adversaries like Russia or China but also possibly terrorists. There have been several national security reports on this, yet most recently in the middle of this crisis Trump fired his Director of National Intelligence and his chief of staff, and he also blocked testimony on the Hill about the yearly national security threat briefing, of which this was surely a piece. That's not an attack on Trump (obviously it's a criticism), it's really a plea for everyone, including Trump supporters but also Trump critics, to put this on the front burner. Since 2000 alone, we have had global terrorism, climate change and now this novel virus spread as part of our suite of national security threats arise. Please consider calling for reform and serious policy from Trump and really any administration that comes next. We have a lot on our plate, America.

BUT TRUMP!!!

https://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/article241672081.html

“In 2006, citing the threat of avian flu, then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced the state would invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a powerful set of medical weapons to deploy in the case of large-scale emergencies and natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires and pandemics,” according to a story by Reveal, a project by the Center for Investigative Reporting.

Schwarzenegger bought the equipment while state coffers were flush. Then along came the Great Recession. In 2010, California voters tasked Brown with fixing the budget deficit Arnold left behind. Among the things he cut: Schwarzenegger’s pandemic stockpile.

“In 2011, the administration of a fiscally minded Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, who came into office facing a $26-billion deficit,” wrote Reveal’s reporters. “And so, that year, the state cut off the money to store and maintain the stockpile of supplies and the mobile hospitals. The hospitals were defunded before they’d ever been used.”

“It’s the nearsightedness of political decision-making,” said Dr. Howard Backer, former head of California’s Emergency Medical Services Authority. “If you talked to the experts, we knew that pandemics were going to come around.”

The medical stockpile included 2,400 ventilators, 50 million N95 masks and scores of mobile hospital beds. All would be extremely useful now. How much did skinflint Brown save by cutting them? A mere $5.8 million a year.
- I'm only going to agree with this as a criticism of Brown. And btw Schwarzenegger got a lot of #### for his administration but this was obviously very forward thinking. - My main point though is about formulating policy moving forward and absolutely demanding that our public officials make this a priority. I hope that happens.

I do wonder, when this is all over and we are looking back on this, whether we'll be able to make any meaningful determinations about the fate of those who trust more in Trump and the right wing media, and those who trust more in experts and the MSM. 

Will we be able to trace health outcomes in the two groups and make any kind of objective conclusion about which sources of truth ended up being more reliable?

Users who are viewing this thread