What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (6 Viewers)

Another amazing info packed briefing from President Trump and the task force on top of taking 50 off the cuff questions from the vipers in the media. This team has been amazing.
If they’re so amazing: 

1. Why not use the DPA to control prices and distribution of ventilators and PPE so there’s no more price gouging and the stuff goes where it needs to go to save lives? 

2. Why not declare a national shelter in place with strict rules and save lives? 

I have asked these questions over and over and will continue to do so because President Trump could make this situation so much better, he’s the only one who can, and he refuses to do so. People are going to die. This is real. 

If they’re so amazing: 

1. Why not use the DPA to control prices and distribution of ventilators and PPE so there’s no more price gouging and the stuff goes where it needs to go to save lives? 

2. Why not declare a national shelter in place with strict rules and save lives? 

I have asked these questions over and over and will continue to do so because President Trump could make this situation so much better, he’s the only one who can, and he refuses to do so. People are going to die. This is real. 
Just stop. He doesn’t refuse to try and make this better and he’s not the only one.

If they’re so amazing: 

Because he doesn’t have to do this, that’s why we have states. I wanna see the Governors (mainly in blue states) do less gum flapping on CNN and get to work. Go out there and get the PPE they helped make available without excuses, fix your ####ty state unemployment website nobody can log into, and stop crying and playing politics constantly. 

Why do you want to discuss this and spend so much time in this thread?
This is really two different questions. Trump's perpetual hue is just IMO part of his "weird" character, or weirdness. He's a weird guy. It's not a topic for this thread though. Nor is his claim the other day - a claim he has made maybe 4-5 or so times before - that his father was from Germany. Again, weird. And HT constantly raises that Trump is accused of being 1. Orange, 2. a Man, and 3., Bad, and I'd like to think we agree on 2 of those 3 things.

I'll admit I'm perpetually perplexed, disappointed and disturbed by the support of seemingly conservative individuals for this person who is the antithesis of many of the themes stated here. I appreciate the opportunities to come here and ask about that as I appreciated Colts' reply above. - To the extent this thread is about the election, yes I think it's an occasional gauge to see responses in terms of evaluating the reelection chances. - Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really two different questions. Trump's perpetual orange hue is just IMO part of his "weird" character, or weirdness. He's a weird guy. It's not a topic or this thread though. Nor is his claim the other day - a claim he has made maybe 4-5 or so times before - that his father was from Germany. Again, weird. And HT constantly raises that Trump is accused of being 1. Orange, 2. a Man, and 3, Bad, and I'd like to think we agree on 2 of those 3 things.

I'll admit I'm perpetually perplexed and disturbed by the support of seemingly conservative individuals for this person who is the antithesis of many of the themes stated here. I appreciate the opportunities to come here and ask about that as I appreciated Colts' reply above. - To the extent this thread is about the election, yes I think it's an occasional gauge to see responses in terms of evaluating the reelection chances. - Thanks.
So you think you view him as orange makes him weird. I don’t judge people on the color of their skin or “hue”. 

If they’re so amazing: 

Hello. I don’t come here at this point because there’s no use arguing anymore: he’s not getting re-elected, it won’t even be close, even though the virus wasn’t his fault, his response is well documented now. I won’t waste my breath on it, it’s over. There’s too much else at stake at the local levels now. Stay home, stay safe. Good to see you.

This is really two different questions. Trump's perpetual orange hue is just IMO part of his "weird" character, or weirdness. He's a weird guy. It's not a topic or this thread though. Nor is his claim the other day - a claim he has made maybe 4-5 or so times before - that his father was from Germany. Again, weird.

I'll admit I'm perpetually perplexed and disturbed by the support of seemingly conservative individuals for this person who is the antithesis of many of the themes stated here. I appreciate the opportunities to come here and ask about that as I appreciated Colts' reply above. - Thanks.
Hey Saints I do like reading your posts. For the most part they are usually pretty informative. Your opinions on some things are on the opposite end of the spectrum than mine but believe it or not we do agree on some. What I like most about your posts is 99.9% of the time they are not snarky and you don't seem to take yourself so seriously as some others around here.

Hey Saints I do like reading your posts. For the most part they are usually pretty informative. Your opinions on some things are on the opposite end of the spectrum than mine but believe it or not we do agree on some. What I like most about your posts is 99.9% of the time they are not snarky and you don't seem to take yourself so seriously as some others around here.
Thanks, tough times, and I'm also looking for good convo and some good insights, maybe more than ever. Best to you and yours.

So you think you view him as orange makes him weird. I don’t judge people on the color of their skin or “hue”. 
I appreciate the response, it really does fascinate me. I think the constant need for makeup and tanning cream or whatever it is is odd. But I agree it's a personal POV. Have a good evening, thanks for letting me chime in. As Tony rightly pointed out I was outraged, it's good to hash it out.

I appreciate the response, it really does fascinate me. I think the constant need for makeup and tanning cream or whatever it is is odd. But I agree it's a personal POV. Have a good evening, thanks for letting me chime in. As Tony rightly pointed out I was outraged, it's good to hash it out.
Spray tan looks orange on really pasty people. But millions of people do it. My wife used to get it from the lady that did all the Hornets cheerleaders when we lived down there. It’s a weird thing to be obsessed with. You’re essentially calling him out for something millions of people do but it looks a little funny on him because of the color of his skin. 

Spray tan looks orange on really pasty people. But millions of people do it. My wife used to get it from the lady that did all the Hornets cheerleaders when we lived down there. It’s a weird thing to be obsessed with. You’re essentially calling him out for something millions of people do but it looks a little funny on him because of the color of his skin. 
Trump is a guy who famously judges other folks for how they look, harshly judging or insulting them about any flaws. 

Are you suggesting it's off limits to talk about his physical appearance?

Trump is a guy who famously judges other folks for how they look, harshly judging or insulting them about any flaws. 

Are you suggesting it's off limits to talk about his physical appearance?
I said its a weird thing to be obsessed with and explained why. What part of my post is confusing you?  

He was great in the health care fraud.  since Trump elected he has went with the herd mentality on this board

imo

Because he doesn’t have to do this, that’s why we have states. I wanna see the Governors (mainly in blue states) do less gum flapping on CNN and get to work. Go out there and get the PPE they helped make available without excuses, fix your ####ty state unemployment website nobody can log into, and stop crying and playing politics constantly. 
Exactly.  Wasn’t an idea of quarantining 3 states met with tons of left outrage?

Telling that you haven’t argued against his point though.
I try to avoid off topic arguments in this thread with those that have been whining in here daily for the last 4 years. Those that have done that have zero credibility and it isn’t worth the time to argue. Take to the 😢 thread where it’s always a daily tantrum cuz Trump. 

By the rules it’s ban-worthy. 
Do a search of this thread for orange and you'll see 4 pages of Trump supporters. HT raised the issue, I gently nudged him about it because he keeps repeating it, and suggested in my OP it go in another thread. I still haven't replied to Tony's posts about it, I just thanked him for the response.

Do a search of this thread for orange and you'll see 4 pages of Trump supporters. HT raised the issue, I gently nudged him about it because he keeps repeating it, and suggested in my OP it go in another thread. I still haven't replied to Tony's posts about it, I just thanked him for the response.
Context matters.  

What a terrible response. This is why we have states??? So that they can bid against each other for life saving equipment? Total nonsense. 

What a terrible response. This is why we have states??? So that they can bid against each other for life saving equipment? Total nonsense. 
Well you wanted an answer, I’m sorry it doesn’t suit you. The states comment was in response to you and the media wanting a national quarantine. The bidding on equipment was governors just being lazy and incompetent (Pritzker being the poster boy). 

I got a question for you Tim because I know you’re from Cali, why isn’t the media giving Newsom the credit for doing such a good job? All we hear about is Cuomo (mainly because the media is all in NYC IMO) and by every metric he has failed miserably compared to Newsom. I’ll hang up and listen.

Widbil83 said:
Well you wanted an answer, I’m sorry it doesn’t suit you. The states comment was in response to you and the media wanting a national quarantine. The bidding on equipment was governors just being lazy and incompetent (Pritzker being the poster boy). 

I got a question for you Tim because I know you’re from Cali, why isn’t the media giving Newsom the credit for doing such a good job? All we hear about is Cuomo (mainly because the media is all in NYC IMO) and by every metric he has failed miserably compared to Newsom. I’ll hang up and listen.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/flattening-the-curve-on-coronavirus-what-california-and-washington-can-teach-the-world-130405639.html

Widbil83 said:

Newsom doesn’t give a press conference every day. But also the media goes where the news is. Things in California are calm for now. 

I think Cuomo is doing a pretty good job now. Apparently he didn’t start out so well. 

Newsom doesn’t give a press conference every day. But also the media goes where the news is. Things in California are calm for now. 

I think Cuomo is doing a pretty good job now. Apparently he didn’t start out so well. 
Cuomo probably shouldn’t shoulder a lot of the blame he has DeBlasio’s mistakes in NYC dragging down all of N.Y.  

@Max PowerThanks so much for the mementos. They are going up right next to my prize Speck I caught. I am glad you guys enjoyed the care package. I know it meant a lot to us when we got packages from back in the world (dont know if that term is still used)it really made our day when we got one.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Are you back home yet? Anyway stay safe and we wish everyone well.

@Max PowerThanks so much for the mementos. They are going up right next to my prize Speck I caught. I am glad you guys enjoyed the care package. I know it meant a lot to us when we got packages from back in the world (dont know if that term is still used)it really made our day when we got one.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Are you back home yet? Anyway stay safe and we wish everyone well.
You are a good man Rusty. Great idea. 

tonydead said:
:lmao: Literally begging for Trump supporters to respond to them in the virus thread. 
It’s become the Trump Russia thread part 2. They post a bunch of fake news stories/tweets that a few days later are either corrected or outright debunked. The amount of Kyle Cheney, Daniel Dale, Aaron Rupar and Kyle Griffin propaganda tweets still posted there make it unreadable.

Users who are viewing this thread