What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

I do wonder, when this is all over and we are looking back on this, whether we'll be able to make any meaningful determinations about the fate of those who trust more in Trump and the right wing media, and those who trust more in experts and the MSM. 

Will we be able to trace health outcomes in the two groups and make any kind of objective conclusion about which sources of truth ended up being more reliable?
I doubt it.  The virus doesn't care how you got it - whether you got it on the beach at a party or at the once a month grocery trip you made.  Rural folks will be farther from medical care if they might need it, but urban folks are going to be fighting for space at the crowded medical centers that get slammed by everyone needing help at the same time.

I do wonder, when this is all over and we are looking back on this, whether we'll be able to make any meaningful determinations about the fate of those who trust more in Trump and the right wing media, and those who trust more in experts and the MSM. 

Will we be able to trace health outcomes in the two groups and make any kind of objective conclusion about which sources of truth ended up being more reliable?
Nonsense like this should not be posted in this thread.  TIA.  

The experts are not on the same side as the MSM, to say so is dishonest.

A plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr Anthony Fauci , Hillary Clinton, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only 4 parachutes. Dr Fauci, says “I need one. I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. The pope says “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. Hillary says “I am the smartest woman in the world; I won the popular vote in 2016 and I should be President.” She takes one and jumps. President Trump says to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting". The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest woman in the world just took my school bag."

:lmao:      :pickle:

A plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr Anthony Fauci , Hillary Clinton, and a ten year old school girl. The plane is about to crash and there is only 4 parachutes. Dr Fauci, says “I need one. I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. The pope says “I need one, I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is COVID19!” He takes one and jumps. Hillary says “I am the smartest woman in the world; I won the popular vote in 2016 and I should be President.” She takes one and jumps. President Trump says to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute. I've lived my life, yours is only starting". The 10 year old said "Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest woman in the world just took my school bag."

Made me chuckle.

Made my day.

I saw the same basic joke with Trump as the butt of it last week. Meh. As for the election thing, we should be prepping right now for mass absentee voting and an online platform. I am sure most States aren't though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when President Trump reminds us how treasonous Lurch has been with Iran. it gets lost in the treason of Comey and Brennan sometimes.

President Trump was asked his opinion of Governor DeSantis’ decision to exclude religious services from his shelter in place order. Trump declined to offer an opinion. 

Pretty shameful; this is why he’ll always be one of the weakest Presidents in our history. He refuses to take responsibility for anything. Least alpha politician in my lifetime for sure. 

President Trump was asked his opinion of Governor DeSantis’ decision to exclude religious services from his shelter in place order. Trump declined to offer an opinion. 

Pretty shameful; this is why he’ll always be one of the weakest Presidents in our history. He refuses to take responsibility for anything. Least alpha politician in my lifetime for sure. 
Luckily he got to follow Obama who was the weakest ever, accomplished the least, and led the worst “recovery” out of recession in the history of EVER. Maybe that’s why it appears he’s doing such a great job. 

Luckily he got to follow Obama who was the weakest ever, accomplished the least, and led the worst “recovery” out of recession in the history of EVER. Maybe that’s why it appears he’s doing such a great job. 
Yeah whatever. I honestly don’t care about that comparison or whoever you want to compare him too. What I care about is that Trump isn’t willing to tell a governor that it’s unsafe to let people gather for religious services because he’s apparently frightened of pissing off his religious base and doesn’t want the buck passed to him, and the result is that people are going to get sick and die. It’s shameful; there’s no excuse for it. 

I think you meant most transparent President in our history. He’s taken more questions from the media in the last 3 days than Obama did in 8 years.

If Trump had gotten in front of this....he'd have won the election.  This epidemic has sealed Trumps fate. He's stumbled enough to make it a legit issue in Nov.  If it goes really sour......(which it looks like it has a real chance) all Biden has to do is promise the opposite.  People will vote simply for that.  Not to be too callous in boiling it down simply to politics.....NY and NJ suffering doesn't hurt Trump because he wasn't winning there anyway. WA, CA etc. etc.. he can fail as  POTUS and leader on this and still win the election.  As a battleground state though..... he's taking a chance in FL that a fallout from not allowing people to gather to worship is going to be less than an escalation of the epidemic.

Yeah whatever. I honestly don’t care about that comparison or whoever you want to compare him too. What I care about is that Trump isn’t willing to tell a governor that it’s unsafe to let people gather for religious services because he’s apparently frightened of pissing off his religious base and doesn’t want the buck passed to him, and the result is that people are going to get sick and die. It’s shameful; there’s no excuse for it. 
But but but...we were told over and over that trump was a dictator.   And Hitler.  And only needed the smallest reason to change the presidency to his own personal monarchy.  So turns out he isnt those things?  I cant keep up with the Democrats positions on our president. 

But but but...we were told over and over that trump was a dictator.   And Hitler.  And only needed the smallest reason to change the presidency to his own personal monarchy.  So turns out he isnt those things?  I cant keep up with the Democrats positions on our president. 
You weren’t told those things by me. And I don’t speak for anyone but myself. 

As I mentioned in another thread, right now I really don’t give a #### about the election. It’s the last thing on my mind. I don’t care which side “wins” the argument; things have gotten too serious for that. President Trump is in charge and I desperately want and NEED him to do well. I would much rather congratulate him than criticize him. The criticism comes only with much reluctance because I can’t help but think he is doing a poor job right now. I do not wish to think this way. 

As I mentioned in another thread, right now I really don’t give a #### about the election. It’s the last thing on my mind. I don’t care which side “wins” the argument; things have gotten too serious for that. President Trump is in charge and I desperately want and NEED him to do well. I would much rather congratulate him than criticize him. The criticism comes only with much reluctance because I can’t help but think he is doing a poor job right now. I do not wish to think this way. 
No one believes this. Especially the bolded. 

I think what he meant is that you have any time at all to do that. For most people, "Gee I think I'll find some Trump supporters online to troll" never even makes the list. 
I'm not trolling you guys.  I'm trying to offer differing points of view, as I come to these forums to hear other people discuss points of view that aren't my own.  I enjoy engaging in fact-driven conversations, trying to refine my own opinion.

To be honest, I have no idea what benefit you guys get from this forum.

Due to the severely reduced quality of dialogue here, I come a lot less (in addition to being incredibly busy with work and family), but the times I do come here it just seems like a bunch of slapfights, mixed in with a few folks continuing to solidly post good info.  I appreciate those folks enough to keep coming back even for just a little bit of time, but man are these kinds of conversations fruitless.  But then again i am drawn to hopeless causes.

• Smile
Reactions: rct
No one believes this. Especially the bolded. 
Well you should. 

If I knew that we could get through this crisis with minimal loss of life and with economic recovery, I would gladly accept 4 more years of Trump followed by 8 years of Don Jr. I mean that sincerely. 

I'm not trolling you guys.  I'm trying to offer differing points of view, as I come to these forums to hear other people discuss points of view that aren't my own.  I enjoy engaging in fact-driven conversations, trying to refine my own opinion.

Due to the severely reduced quality of dialogue here, I come a lot less (in addition to being incredibly busy with work and family), but the times I do come here it just seems like a bunch of slapfights, mixed in with a few folks continuing to solidly post good info.  I appreciate those folks enough to keep coming back even for just a little bit of time, but man are these kinds of conversations fruitless.  But then again i am drawn to hopeless causes.
Yeah that's gonna be a no for me dawg.  You were calling posters children earlier this week.

Your last sentence is more snark from you. Keep it out of this thread.

And yet Obama trounces him in virtually every economic metric - jobs, market performance, etc.  But because he’s brown and enabled 10s of millions of poor people to get heath care, you ignore reality and support an incompetent bigot.  

And yet Obama trounces him in virtually every economic metric - jobs, market performance, etc.  But because he’s brown and enabled 10s of millions of poor people to get heath care, you ignore reality and support an incompetent bigot.  
I don’t agree with @GoBirds most of the time but the bolded is uncalled for. 

Didn't say it was you...I was just expressing my continued bewilderment regarding the democratic party.

YOU may feel how you do, but you are in the minority

And yet Obama trounces him in virtually every economic metric - jobs, market performance, etc.  But because he’s brown and enabled 10s of millions of poor people to get heath care, you ignore reality and support an incompetent bigot.  
Be cooler than this. 

If Trump had gotten in front of this....he'd have won the election.  This epidemic has sealed Trumps fate. He's stumbled enough to make it a legit issue in Nov.  If it goes really sour......(which it looks like it has a real chance) all Biden has to do is promise the opposite.  People will vote simply for that.  Not to be too callous in boiling it down simply to politics.....NY and NJ suffering doesn't hurt Trump because he wasn't winning there anyway. WA, CA etc. etc.. he can fail as  POTUS and leader on this and still win the election.  As a battleground state though..... he's taking a chance in FL that a fallout from not allowing people to gather to worship is going to be less than an escalation of the epidemic.
He did.  Remember that time he cut off travel from Wutan and everyone on the left called him racist?  How about 3.5 years of trying to protect our borders.  

The MAGA formula of bringing our businesses home less globalization and America first, if followed as initially intended, is the best way for our country to go forward after the Wutan Virus. 

He did.  Remember that time he cut off travel from Wutan and everyone on the left called him racist?  How about 3.5 years of trying to protect our borders.  

The MAGA formula of bringing our businesses home less globalization and America first, if followed as initially intended, is the best way for our country to go forward after the Wutan Virus. 
But the virus came; even after he cut off travel. If he's dedicated 4 years to protecting the border and less globalization and this has happened...… why wouldn't people look for a change? The action of banning Wutan travel ( which is the one of the few things I hear his Talking Heads touting as him doing a great job) didn't really get ahead of it.  He MIGHT be able to use  a "if I didn't do that.....it would have been worse"  as a positive and a good defense, but as this thing goes on and people die, that defense becomes more and more irrelevant. The "Stopper of the Buck" will be the face of the inability to right the ship and there's enough soundbites already of (paraphrasing) "Gone by Easter", "Hoax", "Not a big deal" etc. etc. for a large number of negative commercials that make him look bad. 

Peaks for a number of areas are  in May and June....maybe the summer months burn it off and most healthy Americans (in most parts of the country) go back to a 50%-75% lifestyle by Memorial Day.  That will help him politically.  But even with that,  for him to have a chance to win in Nov he better be busting his ### to get the resources available for a potential relapse in the Fall. That will also help him as he'll get another chance to be a "White Knight" in the face of danger...….but with unemployment up, a fickle Market, financial attitudes amongst Americans turning sour and him being in charge when this thing hits....  I don't think it'll matter. 

SMDH. The Trump administration just fired the Navy Captain who wrote this letter in defense of the men and women under his charge.
Let's take every talking point we learned from the PSF virus thread and cross post into the Trump for Re-election thread because nobody is responding to us anymore and we aren't getting enough attention?   :lmao:   Took you a whole 5 minutes, you're slipping.

Also, since you have plenty of time on your hands please type out your response fully.  No more acronyms, we aren't a bunch of teenage girls texting in here. TIA.

the Trump for Re-election
Huh, ok, this is what I pulled substantively from this. All right thanks for the reply. I do think it's worthwhile you continue to not say anything actively in support of him or his movement. I appreciate avoiding the rahrah here.

Was it the Trump admin or the Navy. I don't think fired is the right term for when the military reassighns someone. Now maybe if he was getting court martialed that would seem excessive.
Sorry, relieved from command. The Secretary of the Navy is part of the administration. And the administration has a history of punishing whistleblowers.

I appreciate the response. This follows the Sec. of Navy before this being fired / pushed out because he stood up for the military code of justice. The current Sec. Navy is the third under Trump, he's never been confirmed as Secretary.

This Captain got fired for speaking up for his men when the Navy failed to act.

This Captain got fired for speaking up for his men when the Navy failed to act
Speaking at a Thursday evening press conference, Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly said Crozier was removed from his post because he sent the letter over "non-secure unclassified email" to a "broad array of people" rather than up the chain of command.

"I have no doubt in my mind that Captain Crozier did what he thought was in the best interest of the safety and well-being of his crew," Modly said. "Unfortunately, it did the opposite. It unnecessarily raised the alarm of the families of our sailors and Marines with no plans to address those concerns."

Modly insisted the decision was his alone. He also praised Crozier but said he concluded the captain "allowed the complexity of the challenge of the COVID breakout on the ship to overwhelm his ability to act professionally."

"The responsibility for this decision rests with me," Modly added. "I expect no congratulations for it. Captain Crozier is an incredible man."  

Doesn't seem as sinister as you make it out or want to believe . But don’t let the facts get the way of a good story

Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly said Crozier was removed from his post because he sent the letter over "non-secure unclassified email" to a "broad array of people" rather than up the chain of command.

"I have no doubt in my mind that Captain Crozier did what he thought was in the best interest of the safety and well-being of his crew," Modly said. "Unfortunately, it did the opposite. It unnecessarily raised the alarm of the families of our sailors and Marines with no plans to address those concerns."
First of all there is nothing classified about that letter.

Secondly, I'm reading this and reads like "yes," Acting SON Modly relieved Crozier because he cc'd too many people and because it created a firestorm. I'm not saying anything different, that's exactly what happened. 

There are challenges associated with securing individualized lodging for our crew. This will require a political solution but it is the right thing to do. We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die.

If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset our Sailors. Request all available resources to find NAVADMIN and CDC compliant quarantine rooms for my entire crew as soon as possible.
I don't think a commander should be relieved for a letter like this, sorry. He was fired because he could not get the Sec. Navy's attention and he did what he had to do to get it.

Sorry, relieved from command. The Secretary of the Navy is part of the administration. And the administration has a history of punishing whistleblowers.

I appreciate the response. This follows the Sec. of Navy before this being fired / pushed out because he stood up for the military code of justice. The current Sec. Navy is the third under Trump, he's never been confirmed as Secretary.

This Captain got fired for speaking up for his men when the Navy failed to act.
Here is an article on him being relieved. Sounds like he may have not followed chain of command. I feel for him because he was obviously concerned for his men. Probably never get another command like the Roosevelt so I'm sure to him his career is all but over. Still its a stretch to blame this on Trump. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-uss-theodore-roosevelt-aircraft-carrier-brett-crozier-navy/

Speaking at a Thursday evening press conference, Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly said Crozier was removed from his post because he sent the letter over "non-secure unclassified email" to a "broad array of people" rather than up the chain of command.

Modly insisted the decision was his alone. He also praised Crozier but said he concluded the captain "allowed the complexity of the challenge of the COVID breakout on the ship to overwhelm his ability to act professionally."

"The responsibility for this decision rests with me," Modly added. "I expect no congratulations for it. Captain Crozier is an incredible man."  

Doesn't seem as sinister as you make it out or want to believe . But don’t let the facts get the way of a good story
Can't have poor decision makers running a nuke ship.  I'm sure they are battle tested to get to Captain....must have been secretly listening in on some MSM communique that softened him up.

Users who are viewing this thread