What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (3 Viewers)

Ham'n'Cheese or whatever is name is doing his absolute best to do just that.

BTW, I'm sure they've been hammering on the report button regarding me since I won't put up with their BS.  I'm hoping I won't get pinched, but the more I challenge them the more upset they get. 
They are used to using their numbers to shout down anything that doesn’t fit the agenda. No way you should be reported for speaking truth. 

Ham'n'Cheese or whatever is name is doing his absolute best to do just that.

BTW, I'm sure they've been hammering on the report button regarding me since I won't put up with their BS.  I'm hoping I won't get pinched, but the more I challenge them the more upset they get. 
As someone in the middle of both sides, no dog in the fight, I can say that guy comes off as the conspiracy theory guy while you were hammering with facts. 

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before-

Kayleigh McEnany@PressSec

60 Minutes on CBS is the second example in 24 hours of completely dishonest editing, this time of @SecPompeo.

CBS cut out the portion of Pompeo's remarks where he clearly acknowledges that he agrees with the intelligence community assessment.

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1259851577453617153?s=21

60 Minutes on CBS is the second example in 24 hours of completely dishonest editing, this time of @SecPompeo.

CBS cut out the portion of Pompeo's remarks where he clearly acknowledges that he agrees with the intelligence community assessment.

This one is the worst. 

Did the virus originate in a Chinese lab? Yes

Experts seem to agree the virus was not man made or genetically altered? Correct

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.  In fact, if I were studying viruses in the lab I would want them to mutate as naturally as possible.  Either the intelligence of the press is severely lacking or they are purposely trying to take advantage of people with poor intelligence.  

This one is the worst. 

Did the virus originate in a Chinese lab? Yes

Experts seem to agree the virus was not man made or genetically altered? Correct

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.  In fact, if I were studying viruses in the lab I would want them to mutate as naturally as possible.  Either the intelligence of the press is severely lacking or they are purposely trying to take advantage of people with poor intelligence.  
In this context “In the lab” and “man made” have the same meaning.

In this context “In the lab” and “man made” have the same meaning.
If by context you mean the intelligence challenged press I mentioned yes. That's the problem.  Not for Pompeo, I wantched the entire interview live. He didnt waiver. His opinion is that it is not man made (not genetically altered) and likely escaped from a China laboratory.  

If by context you mean the intelligence challenged press I mentioned yes. That's the problem.  Not for Pompeo, I wantched the entire interview live. He didnt waiver. His opinion is that it is not man made (not genetically altered) and likely escaped from a China laboratory.  
So I guess I’m missing the controversy here.  So the virus was likely natural and escaped while be in studied.  Is that’s what’s being said?

So I guess I’m missing the controversy here.  So the virus was likely natural and escaped while be in studied.  Is that’s what’s being said?
Seems everyone is not understanding the definition of "man made" or purposely being obtuse about it.   A virus simply existing in a laboratory does not make it man made. If you caught the virus tomorrow in a hospital would it be considered man made?  What if you were in the testing laboratory of a hospital?  And yes what if you were in a lab that was trying to get the virus to mutate naturally?  

If the virus was genetically modified, by man, that would be a more accurate definition of man made. And that is exactly how that question was asked.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me use another example. If I cloned a sheep in a laboratory, that would probably be considered man made.  If two sheep screwed and had a baby in a laboratory, that would not be considered man made by any stretch of the imagination.  

Seems everyone is not understanding the definition of "man made" or purposely being obtuse about it.   A virus simply existing in a laboratory does not make it man made. If you caught the virus tomorrow in a hospital would it be considered man made?  What if you were in the testing laboratory of a hospital?  And yes what if you were in a lab that was trying to get the virus to mutate naturally?  

If the virus was genetically modified, by man, that would be a more accurate definition of man made. And that is exactly how that question was asked.  
Sorry I guess I’m jumping in mid conversation and missing it.....  Man made to me means not naturally occurring.  This is being disputed?  

Trump’s press conference was awesome.  He’s such a maestro dealing with reporters.   
He told lie after lie after lie. For example, he said how proud he was that America is tied for the least amount of deaths among all countries. Actually we’re 134th, nearly In last place. He stated that fatality numbers are going down. Actually they’re going up. He said, again, that anyone who wants a test can get one; his own medical experts have contradicted this. And theres so much more. 

I used to wonder whether he believed these lies when he told them. But it no longer matters. He’s doing real damage here. But none of that matters so long as he lashes out at the press, right? 

Since Trump supporters seem to get so angry about the media taking their words out of context and dishonest editing, I'm sure they'll hold Trump accountable for doing the same in a recent ad about Biden and the Democrats.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/may/04/ad-watch-trumps-american-comeback-ad-uses-words-me/

So...if it is on Facebook...it's dumb and it's not funny?

There is no humor to be found on Facebook....anywhere on Facebook.
It was dumb and unfunny.   That isn't facebook's fault.

Facebook however is dumb.  Whether it's funny is I guess up to the individual.  Obviously someone thought that dumb and unfunny video was funny.  

Since Trump supporters seem to get so angry about the media taking their words out of context and dishonest editing, I'm sure they'll hold Trump accountable for doing the same in a recent ad about Biden and the Democrats.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/may/04/ad-watch-trumps-american-comeback-ad-uses-words-me/
You're correct putting the media on the same level as political ads. You're right, they basically are just running ads for Biden. Good point. 

:lmao:

RADDATZ: Do you believe it was manmade or genetically modified?

POMPEO: Look, the best experts so far seem to think it was manmade. I have no reason to disbelieve that at this point.

RADDATZ: Your -- your Office of the DNI says the consensus, the scientific consensus was not manmade or genetically modified.

POMPEO: That's right. I -- I -- I agree with that. Yes. I've -- I've seen their analysis. I've seen the summary that you saw that was released publicly. I have no reason to doubt that that is accurate at this point.

RADDATZ: OK, so just to be clear, you do not think it was manmade or genetically modified?

POMPEO: I've seen what the intelligence community has said. I have no reason to believe that they've got it wrong.

RADDATZ: And --

POMPEO: Martha, you have to put this in context. Here's -- here's what's -- here's what's important, Martha. Here's what's important. The Chinese communist party had the opportunity to prevent all of the calamity that has befallen the world. And here we find ourselves today -- you and I were talking about it. We haven't seen each other physically for a long time. That's true of people all across the world.

This is -- this is an enormous crisis created by the fact that the Chinese communist party reverted to form, reverted to the kinds of disinformation, the kinds of concealment that authoritarian regimes do. Had those scientists been operating in America, they would have put this out. There would have been an exchange of ideas and we would have quickly identified the kinds of things that needed to be done in response.

Instead, China behaved like authoritarian regimes do, attempted to conceal and hide and confuse. It employed the World Health Organization as a tool to do the same. These are the kind of things that have now presented this enormous crisis, an enormous loss of life and tremendous economic cost all across the globe.

The Australians agree with that. You hear the Europeans beginning to say the same thing. I think the whole world is united in understanding that China brought this virus to the world.

RADDATZ: And -- and, just very quickly if we can, Mr. Secretary, we're running out of time, do you think they intentionally released that virus or it was an accident in the lab?

POMPEO: You know, I don't have anything to say about that. I think there's a lot to know. But I can say this. we've done our best to try and answer all of those questions. We tried to get a team in there, the World Health Organization tried to get a team in there, and they have failed. No one's been allowed to go to this lab or any of the other laboratories. There are many labs inside of China, Martha. This risk remains. This is an ongoing challenge.

We still need to get in there. We still don't have the virus samples we need. This is an ongoing threat, an ongoing pandemic and the Chinese communist party continues to block access to the western world, the world's best scientists, to figure out exactly what happened.

So I can't answer your question about that because the Chinese communist party has refused to cooperate with world health experts.

RADDATZ: Thanks very much for joining us, Mr. Secretary. We appreciate your time this morning.

POMPEO: Thank you, Martha. You have a great day.
ABC

Watching these Democratic governors delay opening their states with no real plan in place will play well for Trump.  Some west coast states/cities are extending stay at home orders at the same time they are asking for a federal bailout.   They won't make any tough decisions and then try to blame Trump for not solving their problems doesn't play well to the rest of the country.  

Watching these Democratic governors delay opening their states with no real plan in place will play well for Trump.  Some west coast states/cities are extending stay at home orders at the same time they are asking for a federal bailout.   They won't make any tough decisions and then try to blame Trump for not solving their problems doesn't play well to the rest of the country.  
Yeah I will say being a business operator in California right now I’m exposed to a lot. And there’s no question this Covid situation is polarizing people even more, and I’m not really speaking to the people who are already squarely in a camp but more importantly to the middled people. I’ve seen lots of people who were pretty apolitical prior to this now squarely putting their feet in one camp or another.  It’s just another data point in a long list of them on how crazy this whole situation is.  

Looks like the Rs are going to flip the CA-25 district. Garcia with a big lead after 76% reporting. 
Fwiw IIRC this is Katie Hill's seat. It was traditionally Republican, but flipped for Hillary in 16, flipped for Hill in 18, and now it's flipped back. I'm guessing it's largely disgust over Hill's behavior and it sounds like the Dem running did a pretty poor job. I think the seat will be up for grabs yet again in November.

Fwiw IIRC this is Katie Hill's seat. It was traditionally Republican, but flipped for Hillary in 16, flipped for Hill in 18, and now it's flipped back. I'm guessing it's largely disgust over Hill's behavior and it sounds like the Dem running did a pretty poor jopb.
Prior to Hill's election, the seat was held by Republicans for two decades. And much of the district is in Simi Valley, notorious for the Rodney King related verdict acquitting the police officers involved. 

If Mike Garcia wins CA-25, it'll be the first time in over 20 years Republicans have flipped a congressional seat from blue to red in California. I love that the Dems spent a boatload of money on this election. Haha. This is YUUUGE!

MCGA

----------

Not only that, Tom Tiffany whooped-up on a dem in WI-7. I like the swing state win there.

MWGA

If Mike Garcia wins CA-25, it'll be the first time in over 20 years Republicans have flipped a congressional seat from blue to red in California. I love that the Dems spent a boatload of money on this election. Haha. That'll be YUUUGE!

MCGA

----------

Not only that, Tom Tiffany whooped-up on a dem in WI-7. I like the swing state win there.

MWGA
I read the outcome was predictable and not unexpected 

Users who are viewing this thread