What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

Yes. After the conventions. But now it looks like there won’t be conventions so it probably has to wait until Labor Day. 

Come on @tonydead you can laugh about this, at my expense if you want, but you do realize it’s really unlikely Trump wins again right? He’s got a chance but not much of one. He’s Herbert Hoover. 
Be careful, Herbert Hoover may have descendants on this website who will sue you for defamation of character.

President Trump opened up UFC 249 tonight with a message, Democrat sports Twitter already melting down.

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1259273182541824001?s=21
The president is by himself in the protected White House green space.

Meanwhile, the White House has instructed its own employees to telework, three people in the Oval Office, including the President's personal assistant, have tested positive, Fauci and Redfield have gone into quarantine, and sports are cancelled. We're in the 4th year of the Trump presidency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meanwhile, the White House has instructed its own employees to telework, three people in the Oval Office, including the President's personal assistant, have tested positive, Fauci and Redfield have gone into quarantine, and sports are cancelled. We're in the 4th year of the Trump presidency.
I guess his message of hope wasn’t for everyone...

Little Brian Stelter over at CNN is angry news outlets are reporting the attempted Democrat coup.

https://twitter.com/dailycaller/status/1259501727071571968?s=21
It's pretty wild that all this has come to light about Flynn and the lack of evidence to support the Russian investigation came out and CNN has dug their head into the sands and focused on 'rona. 

You've got 24 hours in a day.  How much time do we need to focus on Corona?  It's all we've talked about since Impeachment ended.  Like I get it, lots more people died today.  This is where we're at on a vaccine. 

This is actually why I quit posting here for a while.  The only thing to talk about is corona.  And at some point, we've talked it.  I know a lot of people think Trump did great no matter what.  I know a lot of people think Trump did bad no matter what.  And we're not changing each other's minds. 

But for CNN to take this holier than thou rate for people discussing such a big deal...unbelievable

And yet the President hasn't got it.  Its like he's from the future come to save us or something.  Immune to 21st century diseases. 

I respect and appreciate you guys as fellow Americans and good people. Happy Mother’s Day. - But my point was that we don’t need a cheerleader and someone blowing smoke up our chimney. We need a leader, and leading by example would be the right call here.
Is the leader you want a guy who has to have his wife read off a teleprompter for him?

Ironically, fellow fake news peddler the Washington Post uses “Democracy Dies in Darkness” as their motto. 
I was reading the awful Russia thread a little bit ago and there was a Matt Taibbi piece that I think Ren posted that was right on the money.

Taibbi said this was an “extinct level event” for the main stream media. Most of us have known the msm has been gone for years, but Taibbi is a liberal who has completely seen through the entire time.

He did bet on that one.  That was why he was mowing his own lawns for awhile and not hiring illegals to do it.
Actually I can’t find any illegals anymore- Trump is forcing them all to work in the meat processing factories (the ones that aren’t at Mar A Lago.) 

I was reading the awful Russia thread a little bit ago and there was a Matt Taibbi piece that I think Ren posted that was right on the money.

Taibbi said this was an “extinct level event” for the main stream media. Most of us have known the msm has been gone for years, but Taibbi is a liberal who has completely seen through the entire time.
Taibbi isn’t a liberal; he’s a radical leftist who has consistently peddled false information on that issue in defense of President Trump. 

Taibbi isn’t a liberal; he’s a radical leftist who has consistently peddled false information on that issue in defense of President Trump. 
Except that Taibbi is often used as a reliable source when it fits the narrative.  So which is it?  He's a far left radical that can't be trusted or he's a reliable source?

Seems like those on the left are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Same thing that just happened with Michael Moore.  Everyone on the left loved him and used his insanely biased and untruthful documentaries as "proof" of their arguments.  Now that he's come out with a documentary against them, suddenly he can't be trusted.

Except that Taibbi is often used as a reliable source when it fits the narrative.  So which is it?  He's a far left radical that can't be trusted or he's a reliable source?

Seems like those on the left are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Same thing that just happened with Michael Moore.  Everyone on the left loved him and used his insanely biased and untruthful documentaries as "proof" of their arguments.  Now that he's come out with a documentary against them, suddenly he can't be trusted.
You’re asking the wrong guy. I’ve never used Taibbi as a source. Nor have I relied on Michael Moore. Both are very talented guys and I enjoy their material from time to time . But I don’t regard either one as a reliable journalist. 

If you like Taibbi, I highly recommend reading Aaron Mate's work on this

We may have read a different Taibbi article. He doesn’t say anything about an “extinct media event.” He complains that the media coverage of Flynn’s personal relationship with GRU insider/researcher/writer Svetlana Lokhova was about “Russophobia”, he claims that the investigation into Flynn was about the IC trying to stop him because he was pro-Assad (former and latter both untrue), and he blows off his participation in a meeting about the kidnapping of a pro-democracy cleric living in the US and Flynn's being paid by a foreign power even while National Security Advisor.

timschochet said:
If I gambled on elections this would be the one. 
In all fairness to Tim...he never indicated in the post, on which candidate he would put his money.

We're just assuming that it would be Biden....or more realistically, Biden's VP choice.

Widbill, I guess something that always mystifies me is why Trump supporters aren’t angry at Flynn for betraying the President. I know JM says above that critics never say anything positive about the president and supporters are never critical. I think it’s a good point and I’ll say something positive about Trump here - when he found out Flynn had lied to him and Pence he fired him, and he said so. Hope Hicks also testified that Trump had soured on Flynn early and regretted taking him on as PNSA. Flynn sandbagged Pence and Trump and actually apologized to them or tried to. Pence apparently wouldn’t even see him.

Widbill, I guess something that always mystifies me is why Trump supporters aren’t angry at Flynn for betraying the President. I know JM says above that critics never say anything positive about the president and supporters are never critical. I think it’s a good point and I’ll say something positive about Trump here - when he found out Flynn had lied to him and Pence he fired him, and he said so. Hope Hicks also testified that Trump had soured on Flynn early and regretted taking him on as PNSA. Flynn sandbagged Pence and Trump and actually apologized to them or tried to. Pence apparently wouldn’t even see him.
This whole thing is not about Flynn in President Trump's administration...it's all about the the FBI being weaponized and used politically.

Just like Biden's accuser...it's not about whether he did it or not...It's all about the Left and the MSM's (redundant) total hypocrisy in dealing the same accusation leveled at both  Biden and Kavenaugh.

This whole thing is not about Flynn in President Trump's administration...it's all about the the FBI being weaponized and used politically.

Just like Biden's accuser...it's not about whether he did it or not...It's all about the Left and the MSM's (redundant) total hypocrisy in dealing the same accusation leveled at both  Biden and Kavenaugh.
Ok then. And so what do you think of Flynn’s lying to Trump and Pence and basically setting them up on that CBS interview?

Ok then. And so what do you think of Flynn’s lying to Trump and Pence and basically setting them up on that CBS interview?
Ask me what I think about the FBI's targeting of Gen. Flynn after initial interviews called for no need and Gen. Flynn hadn't lied.
Ask me what I think about the FBI keeping the "investigation" on an American citizen (a 3-star general w/ 35 years of service), open and hoping to trap that citizen in a lie, simply to either get him fired or worse, even though it had already been determined that he hadn't done anything wrong.

Again....what General Flynn did, or didn't do, has NOTHING to do with the REAL crime here.

Just like Joe Biden....It has nothing to do with whether he played a little stink-finger or not....it's about the hypocrisy of the Left (including...or...ESPECIALLY in the MSM) in dealing with the accusation.

Again....what General Flynn did, or didn't do, has NOTHING to do with the REAL crime here.
Alright this just confirms my point. I guess you're trying to explain why and you're saying you're angrier about the supposed misdeeds. So yeah I guess for you you're just wiping away the betrayal of the president. Trump is as well.

Alright this just confirms my point. I guess you're trying to explain why and you're saying you're angrier about the supposed misdeeds. So yeah I guess for you you're just wiping away the betrayal of the president. Trump is as well.
Politics is politics...by definition...they are all snakes and liars.

The FBI and MSM is supposed to be above this and totally separate from it.

THIS is the problem.

Your position is that, when dealing with a political enemy....the ends justify the means.

Politics is politics...by definition...they are all snakes and liars.

The FBI and MSM is supposed to be above this and totally separate from it.

THIS is the problem
Ok just reiterating the point now. We can shake on how you see it, I think it's pretty much what I was saying.

Hey look the main stream media caught again-

The Justice Department on Sunday accused NBC’s Chuck Todd of deceptively editing a sound bite from Attorney General William Barr to make it look as if he said nothing about upholding the rule of law, when in fact he did.

Justice Department spokesperson Kerri Kupec tweeted a transcript of last week’s CBS interview with Mr. Barr alongside Mr. Todd’s comments Sunday on “Meet the Press,” saying she was “very disappointed by the deceptive editing/commentary.”

Mr. Todd played an excerpt of the interview with CBS’s Catherine Herridge in which Mr. Barr was asked how history would view his effort to dismiss the charges against former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

In the excerpt played by Mr. Todd, the attorney general said: “Well, history’s written by the winners. So it largely depends on who’s writing the history.”

Mr. Todd followed up by saying that he was struck by “the cynicism of the answer. It’s a correct answer. But he’s the attorney general.”

Top ArticlesTom Cotton: ‘No question’ Chinese officials pressured WHO to downplay coronavirus READ MORESKIP AD

“He didn’t make the case that he was upholding the rule of law,” said Mr. Todd, according to the transcript. “He was almost admitting that, yeah, this is a political job.”

As Ms. Kupec pointed out, however, Mr. Todd left out the rest of the attorney general’s response, in which Mr. Barr referred specifically to the rule of law.

Mr. Barr’s full answer was: “Well, history is written by the winner. So it largely depends on who’s writing the history. But I think a fair history would say that it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law. It helped, it upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice.”

Ms. Kupec asked readers to compare the two transcripts.

“Not only did the AG make the case in the VERY answer Chuck says he didn’t, he also did so multiple times throughout the interview,” she tweeted.

The Washington Times has reached out to NBC News for comment.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/10/chuck-todd-accused-deceptive-editing-william-barr-/

It's going to be lit. Until some sky screamer goes off the rails and gets it locked. You know... the usual. 
Ham'n'Cheese or whatever is name is doing his absolute best to do just that.

BTW, I'm sure they've been hammering on the report button regarding me since I won't put up with their BS.  I'm hoping I won't get pinched, but the more I challenge them the more upset they get. 

Users who are viewing this thread