What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (10 Viewers)

All right then: please describe what was specifically atrocious about Biden’s policies and why. See if you can do it in a way that doesn’t make you sound like a radical leftist. And then explain why Trump’s policies are a better alternative. Tia
I've already done this but I will again if you promise to vote for Trump when I do.

From Trump's own words: "I do not take responsibility." He abdicated his leadership role in the pandemic, choosing to foist it off on the state governments, and actively interfered with them on their tracks to reopen by supporting protests to "liberate" certain states, despite those states not reaching the guidelines that he himself announced were the proper procedures to reopen, and sure enough, cases are on the rise again.
Yes, it's called Federalism.  It's what the Federal Government is supposed to do.  

Didn't Biden said minorities should "look at his record", not look at what I will do going forward?
Not sure. I definitely think people should vote with the future in mind.

His voting record has graded out as moderate to slightly left I believe on the whole. I’m sure he (and anyone who has held office) has made political calculations and compromises.

I reckon they are getting rid of anyone who spreads Qanon conspiracy theories. Just a guess, though. Don't know twitter's rules well enough.

ETA: My point was Trump retweets a lot of people who are not removed from twitter. The reason this dude was (I'm guessing) is not because Trump liked him but because he's a nutty conspiracy theorist spreading disinformation. 
Just speculating but it may have been the specific quote that was viewed as incitement - the Q poster misappropriated and misquoted a famous Reagan speech about Nikita Kruschev and the USSR in the 50s, but clipped out the part that would have shown the context - it talks about "accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand -- the ultimatum," which Reagan at least was referring to war and I think that was the import here too.

Yes, it's called Federalism.  It's what the Federal Government is supposed to do.  
I highly doubt that John Adams had "screw with the state's pandemic response to shift blame from oneself for handling it as poorly as possible without being an actual supervillain" in mind when he started in on it.

It’s not coincidence the cities that are the biggest disasters fall under this category. 

Why so many whiny trolls in here today? 
Their world is falling in around them. First the virus has them scared to leave their houses. Now the radical left voting block they desperately need has shown their true colors with all these "protests" all but guaranteeing Trump another 4 years. And Biden still in the basement, one of them should go check up on him.  

Their world is falling in around them. First the virus has them scared to leave their houses. Now the radical left voting block they desperately need has shown their true colors with all these "protests" all but guaranteeing Trump another 4 years. And Biden still in the basement, one of them should go check up on him.  
Biden is eating Trump’s lunch in 60 year old + voters

This is how Biden wins.

These lunatics looting were not voting for Biden or voting at all I’d guess.

All right then: please describe what was specifically atrocious about Biden’s policies and why. See if you can do it in a way that doesn’t make you sound like a radical leftist. And then explain why Trump’s policies are a better alternative. Tia
So here goes. 

1984: Biden spearheaded the Comprehensive Control Act that allowed police to seize and absorb someone’s property — whether cash, cars, guns, or something else — without proving the person is guilty of a crime. 

1986: Biden sponsored and co-wrote the Anti-Drug Abuse Act which caused a large disparity between the sentencing of crack cocaine and powder cocaine users. Black drug users were more likely than whites to use crack and hence were incarcerated in larger numbers.

1988: Biden co-sponsored the Anti-Drug Abuse Act which strengthened prison sentences for drug possession, enhanced penalties for transporting drugs, and established the Office of National Drug Control Policy, which coordinates and leads federal anti-drug efforts.

1994: Biden wrote the Violent Crime and Law Enforcement Act which had mandatory minimum sentences, added to mass incarcerations and had the "three strikes" that gave mandatory life sentences, increased Federal crimes subject to the death penalty and allowed minors as young as 13 to be tried as adults.  How did this effect minorities?  With the 3 strike policy, now 78.5% of people serving life sentences are minorities.  The Federal death penalty laws, 44% of those recommended for death were blacks, 21% were hispanics.  The juvenile laws of the crime bill resulted in 66% of juveniles sentenced to life in prison were black. Juveniles of color also constitute a majority of cases that are transferred to adult criminal court, regardless of the offense category.  Touting his 1994 crime bill, Biden said, "The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is now for 60 new death penalties… The liberal wing of the Democratic Party has 70 enhanced penalties... The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 100,000 cops. The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 125,000 new state prison cells."

2010: Biden supported the Fair Sentencing Act which reduced the sentencing disparity crack to powder cocaine from 100-1 down to 18-1 (I mean, I guess I have to put a good crime reform law in here).

So to recap, Biden spent the better part of 20 years writing and sponsoring laws that disproportionately put blacks and hispanic offenders in jail, for longer periods of time and with tougher penalties.  That's his record.  

2018: Trump signed into law the First Step Act.  It allows judges to ignore the mandatory minimums and also shortened life to 25 years and 20 years to 15 years.  It also increased the commuting of sentences.  The First Step Act made retroactive the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010, thousands of people who were incarcerated have seen their sentences commuted as a result.  It started the "Ready to Work Initiative" that helps former inmates get back to work.

Trump's First Step Act began reversing some of the policies that Biden helped establish. 

You're welcome.

I highly doubt that John Adams had "screw with the state's pandemic response to shift blame from oneself for handling it as poorly as possible without being an actual supervillain" in mind when he started in on it.
You should probably read some of the Federalist Papers.  Here's a nice article to give you a brief history:  https://www.history.com/news/federalism-constitution-founding-fathers-states-rights

"According to James Madison, a committed federalist, the Constitution maintains the sovereignty of states by enumerating very few express powers to the federal government, while “[t]hose which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.”

Article I Section 8 contains a list of all of the “enumerated” powers that are exclusively delegated to the federal government. Those include the power to declare war, maintain armed forces, regulate commerce, coin money and establish a Post Office.

But that very same Section 8 also includes the so-called “Elastic Clause” that authorizes Congress to write and pass any laws that are “necessary and proper” to carry out its enumerated powers. These powers are known collectively as “implied powers” and have been used by Congress to create a national bank, to collect a federal income tax, to institute the draft, to pass gun control laws and to set a federal minimum wage, among others."

So individual States are responsible for pandemic response since not every State requires the same response.  The Federal Government is there to support the States response not control it.  

So here goes. 

1984: Biden spearheaded the Comprehensive Control Act that allowed police to seize and absorb someone’s property — whether cash, cars, guns, or something else — without proving the person is guilty of a crime. 

1986: Biden sponsored and co-wrote the Anti-Drug Abuse Act which caused a large disparity between the sentencing of crack cocaine and powder cocaine users. Black drug users were more likely than whites to use crack and hence were incarcerated in larger numbers.

1988: Biden co-sponsored the Anti-Drug Abuse Act which strengthened prison sentences for drug possession, enhanced penalties for transporting drugs, and established the Office of National Drug Control Policy, which coordinates and leads federal anti-drug efforts.

1994: Biden wrote the Violent Crime and Law Enforcement Act which had mandatory minimum sentences, added to mass incarcerations and had the "three strikes" that gave mandatory life sentences, increased Federal crimes subject to the death penalty and allowed minors as young as 13 to be tried as adults.  How did this effect minorities?  With the 3 strike policy, now 78.5% of people serving life sentences are minorities.  The Federal death penalty laws, 44% of those recommended for death were blacks, 21% were hispanics.  The juvenile laws of the crime bill resulted in 66% of juveniles sentenced to life in prison were black. Juveniles of color also constitute a majority of cases that are transferred to adult criminal court, regardless of the offense category.  Touting his 1994 crime bill, Biden said, "The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is now for 60 new death penalties… The liberal wing of the Democratic Party has 70 enhanced penalties... The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 100,000 cops. The liberal wing of the Democratic Party is for 125,000 new state prison cells."

2010: Biden supported the Fair Sentencing Act which reduced the sentencing disparity crack to powder cocaine from 100-1 down to 18-1 (I mean, I guess I have to put a good crime reform law in here).

So to recap, Biden spent the better part of 20 years writing and sponsoring laws that disproportionately put blacks and hispanic offenders in jail, for longer periods of time and with tougher penalties.  That's his record.  

2018: Trump signed into law the First Step Act.  It allows judges to ignore the mandatory minimums and also shortened life to 25 years and 20 years to 15 years.  It also increased the commuting of sentences.  The First Step Act made retroactive the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010, thousands of people who were incarcerated have seen their sentences commuted as a result.  It started the "Ready to Work Initiative" that helps former inmates get back to work.

Trump's First Step Act began reversing some of the policies that Biden helped establish. 

You're welcome.
Good arguments! I figured you’d stick to criminal reform issues. It would take me too long to debate all of it and I won’t because on some of it I agree with you. For instance I appreciated the First Step Act by Trump. I wish he had followed it up as he promised. 
Over the next few months hopefully we can have a more detailed discussion about this. Maybe when things get a little calmer...

I think we all could have guessed you would have some scenario where it wouldn’t help Biden. We get it, you always take the same position. We get it. 
You think Biden is actively courting the Antifa vote? You think these looter #######s are really active voters and if they are are super pumped to vote for Joe Biden?

I’m not sure what your point is.

A republican won that House seat election a couple weeks or so ago in California. Was a seat Dems had held previously. Was all mail-in. 

Biden is eating Trump’s lunch in 60 year old + voters

This is how Biden wins.

These lunatics looting were not voting for Biden or voting at all I’d guess.
Wait until all these senior citizen voters find out Team Biden is bailing out looters. 

As riots ravage cities across the U.S., celebrities have announced that they would make donations to bail out rioters. There is also a Reuters report that members of Joe Biden's campaign staff have made donations to a group that assists people who were arrested during the riots stemming from George Floyd protests.

At least 13 Biden campaign staffers reportedly made donations last week to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which claims is "fighting back against Minnesota's unjust bail system and paying immigrant bonds," as well as trying to end cash bail.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/celebrities-biden-donate-protesters-riot

You should probably read some of the Federalist Papers.  Here's a nice article to give you a brief history:  https://www.history.com/news/federalism-constitution-founding-fathers-states-rights

"According to James Madison, a committed federalist, the Constitution maintains the sovereignty of states by enumerating very few express powers to the federal government, while “[t]hose which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.”

Article I Section 8 contains a list of all of the “enumerated” powers that are exclusively delegated to the federal government. Those include the power to declare war, maintain armed forces, regulate commerce, coin money and establish a Post Office.

But that very same Section 8 also includes the so-called “Elastic Clause” that authorizes Congress to write and pass any laws that are “necessary and proper” to carry out its enumerated powers. These powers are known collectively as “implied powers” and have been used by Congress to create a national bank, to collect a federal income tax, to institute the draft, to pass gun control laws and to set a federal minimum wage, among others."

So individual States are responsible for pandemic response since not every State requires the same response.  The Federal Government is there to support the States response not control it.  
So why did Trump interfere, then, especially since it's not his job to do so?

Older voters seem to be focused on his handling of COVID and the economy. 
Older voters are sitting at home right now scared to death at what they are seeing on TV. When they find out Biden is helping get these looters and people rioting out of jail he’s toast. I can’t wait to hear him bumble through the explication on this. Any idea if he’s coming out of the basement this week?

Older voters are sitting at home right now scared to death at what they are seeing on TV. When they find out Biden is helping get these looters and people rioting out of jail he’s toast. I can’t wait to hear him bumble through the explication on this. Any idea if he’s coming out of the basement this week?
We’ll see. I’ll be interested in more info on this as well.

Latest polls had Biden +10. 

He didn't.  
He absolutely did. Everybody saw him abdicate responsibility, then complain about the governors not opening states up faster, also weirdly complaining about GA opening too fast, showing once again his inability to stick to a position, even tweeting about "liberating" states who were still rightly under quarantine measures.

Seattle update. National Guard and police have protest areas contained. So now its just random malls and stores getting broken in to for free stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread