What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

Kal El said:
So you think they're going to vote for someone who has been caught advocating assaulting them? 
I didn't say who I thought they were going to vote for.  I said who they wouldn't be voting for.    

msudaisy26 said:
You speaking for women. You should give yourself the laughing emoji. 
If you insist on turing the topic to me, then yes generally speaking I'm pretty good understanding and relating to women.  It's in my DNA.  Not as handsome or wealthy as Brad Pitt, but close.  More dependable and passionate.  And way more intelligent.  Google says Brad's IQ is only 115, yikes!

If you insist on turing the topic to me, then yes generally speaking I'm pretty good understanding and relating to women.  It's in my DNA.  Not as handsome or wealthy as Brad Pitt, but close.  More dependable and passionate.  And way more intelligent.  Google says Brad's IQ is only 115, yikes!
You forgot to add humble too.  

I am sure you think that. 
Those things are comparable.  Not only have I never been divorced or cheated on my wife, but my single marriage spans longer than all of Brad's combined.  That's a tough feat for attractive people like us, because it's also in our DNA to spread our genes.  Hard to fault him really.

I never understood the we only see a tiny fraction of what's been posted.  Maybe in the heyday.  Today though there were less than 30 threads even posted in.  Wouldn't take any time at all to skim through them.  I think that explains the bigger problem, not much discussion and the regulars get restless and come to the Trump thread looking for trouble.  

Open Schools isnt going to play well for the Dems. Thats a good thing for Trump to get behind. 75% of people want the schools to open. 
Where are you seeing this 75% number or is it just your assumption? Not asking for a link or playing the link games, I’m honestly asking. As my daughter gets close to starting kindergarten this year the circle of parents we interact with around here that percentage does not add up.   I’d say it’s 50-50 at best and maybe 70/30 in favor of not school.  

*As a sidenote not that it should matter because this shouldn’t be a political based opinion but a majority of that group are Trump supporters 

Where are you seeing this 75% number or is it just your assumption? Not asking for a link or playing the link games, I’m honestly asking. As my daughter gets close to starting kindergarten this year the circle of parents we interact with around here that percentage does not add up.   I’d say it’s 50-50 at best and maybe 70/30 in favor of not school.  

*As a sidenote not that it should matter because this shouldn’t be a political based opinion but a majority of that group are Trump supporters 
Lester Holt told me. I think that poll was in New York specifically, but yeah, I'm extrapolating that out to be in general.  

You know what goes over really well will suburban woman? Defunding the police.
And the president has very little control over that. Aren't we talking about suburban women? Most suburbs have there own police force so if a city defunds their police force it doesn't effect them.

And the president has very little control over that. Aren't we talking about suburban women? Most suburbs have there own police force so if a city defunds their police force it doesn't effect them.
You don’t think the lawlessness and anarchy won’t spill into the suburbs?   You don’t think their property taxes will go up because they need to upgrade suburban law enforcement?  Not to mention the costs of home security systems, guns and ammo?

Maybe in your neck of the woods.  Not in Ohio.  Many schools are planning virtual or 50/50.  
Not in Ohio - but our district and surrounding districts have not announced fall plans yet.

Three options on table:

1.  All students attend school Monday - Thursday, remote on Friday for school cleaning 

2.  Half students attend Monday and Wednesday, the other half Tuesday and Thursday, everyone remote on Friday

3.  Half students attend Monday - Thursday week 1, remote week 2, the other half remote week 1, in school week 2 - all students remote on Friday.

Not in Ohio - but our district and surrounding districts have not announced fall plans yet.

Three options on table:

1.  All students attend school Monday - Thursday, remote on Friday for school cleaning 

2.  Half students attend Monday and Wednesday, the other half Tuesday and Thursday, everyone remote on Friday

3.  Half students attend Monday - Thursday week 1, remote week 2, the other half remote week 1, in school week 2 - all students remote on Friday.
In my area, some of the districts that have already announced are making plans similar to #2.  

Our school district plan is kindergarten thur 6th grade plus 9th and 12 grades to attend school 5 days a week. 7th,8th,10th and 11th grades students will go to school 5 days out of 10 and online 5 the other 5 days. One week some students will go 2 days the next week they will go 3 days. 

Three options on table:

Isn't #2 the worst for controlling the virus?   #3 would seem like the best option

As far as I know most school district have plans to reopen in the fall. This is as usual, the conman is creating a problem that he can claim later he solved without really even doing to solving it.
You're calling it a con, then say most districts plan to reopen.  Then you admit that even you aren't even fully reopening:  

Our school district plan is kindergarten thur 6th grade plus 9th and 12 grades to attend school 5 days a week. 7th,8th,10th and 11th grades students will go to school 5 days out of 10 and online 5 the other 5 days. One week some students will go 2 days the next week they will go 3 days. 
“If anybody sat here today, and told you that they could reopen the school in September, that would be reckless and negligent of that person,” Cuomo said.

Isn't #2 the worst for controlling the virus?   #3 would seem like the best option
We voted for #3 

None are ideal, but 1 would probably be "worst" only because there would be no social distancing during the school day.

Logistically - 2 and 3 are nightmares for the school system.  We already operate on an A/B schedule - meaning kids take 4 classes on A days, and their other 4 classes on B days.  So, the process of splitting them into two roughly equal groups, and then getting the schedule ironed out will be a minor miracle. 

We voted for #3 

None are ideal, but 1 would probably be "worst" only because there would be no social distancing during the school day.

Logistically - 2 and 3 are nightmares for the school system.  We already operate on an A/B schedule - meaning kids take 4 classes on A days, and their other 4 classes on B days.  So, the process of splitting them into two roughly equal groups, and then getting the schedule ironed out will be a minor miracle. 
My buddy works in a place where they can't work from home.  That office split them into two groups and they alternate weeks in the office and clean it every weekend.  Lets them social distance and have empty cubicles between people.

California's Teachers Association: "“It is clear that communities and school districts have not come close to meeting the threshold for a safe return to in-person learning, even under a hybrid model.”  "Impossible Task"

California's Teachers Association: "“It is clear that communities and school districts have not come close to meeting the threshold for a safe return to in-person learning, even under a hybrid model.”  "Impossible Task"
Here is where I think "both sides" are getting it wrong.

There is no "right" answer here.

There is no 100% safe re-opening plan.  It simply does not, and cannot, exist.

At the same time, it would be foolish to simply ignore the risks and say "we have to live with it".

Somewhere there is a middle ground we we mitigate some risks, and accept some risks.  Both sides need to give a little to get to that point.

Here is where I think "both sides" are getting it wrong.

There is no "right" answer here.

There is no 100% safe re-opening plan.  It simply does not, and cannot, exist.

At the same time, it would be foolish to simply ignore the risks and say "we have to live with it".

Somewhere there is a middle ground we we mitigate some risks, and accept some risks.  Both sides need to give a little to get to that point.
This is one of those turning moments in the run up to the election, imo.  Democrats can't scream Carona! and reopen the schools at the same time.  The logic falls apart.  And even the Blue State governors are pushing to open the schools because they know the vast majority of people want that.  Kids are going to be back to school and Biden will still be locked in his basement.

ETA: and opening the schools will help the economy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol...  Sure.  Our blue state governor has stopped our state's opening (NC).  Teachers are retiring or otherwise seeking other employment.  The economy isn't going to be helped by millions more people getting sick and dying before we have a resolution for the virus.  You sound like you're quoting the Orange Bunker Boy.  Wow, just wow.
Wat?  Millions more people dying?

In trying to make any sense of what you wrote I think you have a bleak outlook on the economy.  Did you see the Nasdaq hit an all time high this week?  Not an all time since the Covid, an all time high ever.  Schools opening creates jobs which will help the economy.  That's just fact.  Everything opening will help the economy.

Will more people die as a result of opening too fast in some places, yes.  But there is an economic cost and like it or not America is reopening and a large majority of Americans want the schools to reopen this fall.

So it’s very clear the MAGA message is being suppressed here . We suspected it was a one way street. It’s definitely confirmed 
Don't think it's suppressed.  Just can't imagine there's that many people who would actually admit they still believe.  

Users who are viewing this thread