What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (10 Viewers)

I know, funny right?  The point is, if Manfred decided not to give immunity, not one single player talks.  So there's no info on how it was done.  On top of that, every union lawyer has said that MLB would have had no case against the players since you must notify people, per union bylaws.  So if Manfred went this route, no information would have come out AND the players still wouldn't have been suspended.  On top of that, because the incident took place "on the field", maximum suspensions for each player would have been around 7 or 8 games.  

I'm not lawyer, but most lawyers will tell you that sometimes the plea deal isn't a win, but it's not a loss either. 

I think the league should let each player whip a red rubber ball at the Astros.  One throw, as hard as you want.  From like Dodgeball distance.  Pay Per View it and let people get their frustration out while raising money for new cameras to put in the Houston dugouts.  I mean cancer.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but it seems odd that after having the commish come to town and talk to everyone, even the loudest of players/coaches are all saying publicly, "It's time to move on and concentrate on what's ahead."

"We loved it.  It was much better than Cats.  We'd go see it again and again."

I’ve never seen players in any sport with such open mutiny
Owners are just sitting there licking their chops.  Another cudgel to use against the union just like the steroids mess.  Donald Fehr rolling over in his (metaphoric) grave.  Tony Clark is just completely inept.

Wanna know why owners didn't punish the players...this is why.

i had no idea they had been cheating that long holy smokes thanks for the link bromigo take that to the bank 
I hope they've been cheating since they came into the league as the .45's.  These tears in here taste so sweet.  

hey stop it remember you dont care about this you have to stay in character take that to the bank bromigo
Yes, because my talking about tasting everyone's tears is completely serious.  You got me. 
its all right big guy we all know you do care and i guess when all you have to hang on to with a tainted leg lamp is saying you dont care well then thats what you have to do i dont blame you take that to the bank bromigo 

its all right big guy we all know you do care and i guess when all you have to hang on to with a tainted leg lamp is saying you dont care well then thats what you have to do i dont blame you take that to the bank bromigo 
Ok.  :lol:

How will I ever survive knowing that the WS they won was tainted in other people's eyes?!?!? Woe is me!

i had no idea they had been cheating that long holy smokes thanks for the link bromigo take that to the bank 
It wasn't cheating until the end of 2017 when MLB disallowed the use of cameras for sign stealing in real time......

I think everyone can just back off now.  I just saw a tweet that said inside the Astros clubhouse, everyone feels REALLY bad.  

Brooks Koepka just sounded off on rule-breaking in golf, comparing it to the Astros, saying there's "no room" for it.  He brought up how he D-bag Patrick Reed cheated recently.  

Golf channel link.

Nobody respects that tainted '17 "Championship" and it will always be remembered as such.  That black cloud will never leave.

What's this mean?
The ratio refers to the number of replies to the tweet compared to the number the likes or retweets.  If the replies outnumber the other two, it commonly treated as getting "ratio'ed" and viewed as a quantitative measure of a "bad take" (because the replies are usually people who took the time to tell the tweeter how dumb their tweet was).

Yesterday, Heyman tweeted something critical of the Giants for excluding Huff from their anniversary celebration, and he got beat up pretty heavily on that one.

The ratio refers to the number of replies to the tweet compared to the number the likes or retweets.  If the replies outnumber the other two, it commonly treated as getting "ratio'ed" and viewed as a quantitative measure of a "bad take" (because the replies are usually people who took the time to tell the tweeter how dumb their tweet was).

Yesterday, Heyman tweeted something critical of the Giants for excluding Huff from their anniversary celebration, and he got beat up pretty heavily on that one.
Interesting.  I don't use Twitter enough to know that, but I can see how that makes sense.  Appreciate the explanation, GB. :thumbup:

The country will lose its #### if the Astros win the WS again this year.  Honestly, even if I wasn't an Astros fan, I'd be pulling for that.  :lol:

The country will lose its #### if the Astros win the WS again this year.  Honestly, even if I wasn't an Astros fan, I'd be pulling for that.  :lol:
Do you think the umpires will be impartial in their games? I hadn’t thought of that until someone here brought it up. 

I definitely think that they still have enough talent. 

Brooks Koepka just sounded off on rule-breaking in golf, comparing it to the Astros, saying there's "no room" for it.  He brought up how he D-bag Patrick Reed cheated recently.  

Golf channel link.

Nobody respects that tainted '17 "Championship" and it will always be remembered as such.  That black cloud will never leave.
We welcome black clouds in Houston. it's so gosh darn hot anything to block out the sun for a little while is a respite.

The ratio refers to the number of replies to the tweet compared to the number the likes or retweets.  If the replies outnumber the other two, it commonly treated as getting "ratio'ed" and viewed as a quantitative measure of a "bad take" (because the replies are usually people who took the time to tell the tweeter how dumb their tweet was)
I feel compelled to reply to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems low.  That might happen in the first week. 
This is one of the things I don’t get. How they were doing this so blatantly and not getting caught. If another pitcher caught wind of this I’d think they would be have been lighting them up every series. 

You are right Altuve and Bergman might as well wear some bullseyes on their backside. A lot of pitches going to get away from pitchers this year.

LeBron James weighs in on the Houston Cheaters.

"Listen I know I don't play baseball but I am in Sports and I know if someone cheated me out of winning the title and I found out about it I would be f---ing irate! I mean like uncontrollable about what I would/could do!"

Astros getting nothing but disdain from peers and other athletes, across the board.
Good lord. Wait until he hears about the nba. I heard they’ve had referees that fix games for gamblers and allow star players to travel at will. 

Users who are viewing this thread