What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the most sacked QB's for 2019 (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
Offensive line, mobility, quickness of release, and quick decision-making all play a part in how many sacks a QB will take.  I will use 2018 Rivers & Watson as examples.  Both had bad OL's, while one is very mobile and the other is a statue.  Their pass attempts were virtually identical (505 vs 508), yet the mobile guy was sacked a league high 62 times, while the statue was sacked only 32 times.  Rivers gets it out in a hurry, and Watson's release is a tad slower.  Watson was 15th in the NFL in pass attempts, is very mobile, and granted he had a bad OL, but should he taking 62 sacks?

Anyways, just wanted to know who you think will get sacked the most for 2019.  My money is on Jameis Winston.  Bad OL + slow decision maker + mucho pass attempts = lots of sacks

I'll say Deshaun Watson repeats in 2019

Winston is 2nd and may challenge for 1 if he plays all year

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami. Their line is abysmal. 

I think you guys are thinking about this the wrong way. If we went with highest sacks per offensive snaps I'd agree Miami will win. But most total sacks is more likely to come from a team that has an legitimate offense, has a higher TOP, and therefore has more opportunities for sacks. 

2018 sack taken leaders:

1. Deshaun Watson (65)

2. Dak Prescott (58)

3. Russell Wilson (52)

4. Derrick Carr (51)

5. Aaron Rodgers (49)

The only one who doesn't belong is Carr, the rest are pretty good to great QBs in pretty good offenses. 

Josh Rosen was arguably behind the worst OL in 2018, but he was 7th in sacks taken. The reason being, AZ was last in offensive time of possession. 

I think you guys are thinking about this the wrong way. If we went with highest sacks per offensive snaps I'd agree Miami will win. But most total sacks is more likely to come from a team that has an legitimate offense, has a higher TOP, and therefore has more opportunities for sacks. 

2018 sack taken leaders:

1. Deshaun Watson (65)

2. Dak Prescott (58)

3. Russell Wilson (52)

4. Derrick Carr (51)

5. Aaron Rodgers (49)

The only one who doesn't belong is Carr, the rest are pretty good to great QBs in pretty good offenses. 

Josh Rosen was arguably behind the worst OL in 2018, but he was 7th in sacks taken. The reason being, AZ was last in offensive time of possession. 
Good point. But I’ll still go Miami because it doesn’t feel right to say one of those other guys 

I'll say Deshaun Watson repeats in 2019

Winston is 2nd and may challenge for 1 if he plays all year
My first thought was maybe Winston, but I'm wondering with Arians, maybe there's an emphasis on getting the ball out quicker....but beyond that, Winston stands back there like a statue for sure.

Miami. Their line is abysmal. 
Starting line isn’t really that bad. They severely lack depth though. 

Imma go with the other Florida QB - Winston will be the most sacked QB of 2019. Awful OL, they struggle to run so they may be passing more than most. More drop-backs, more Winston getting crushed. 

The Colts OL was much improved last year. Luck led the league in lowest sack percentage at 2.7%. He was only sacked 18 times.
This is true, but I recall Brissett being the kind of QB who runs around outside of the pocket looking for sacks. Also holds the ball a little long, IIRC. 

The line will probably save him from himself, but I’d bet he’s sacked more than Luck. 

Not more than Winston, Watson or some of the other fine candidates mentioned here. 

They NEED to sign this FA.

-----------------------------------------

📽️       Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish.

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz

Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish. I’d expect a few teams to reach out this week

The Contrabandist/>

11:47 AM - 27 Aug 2019
:lol:  The woman soccer player is getting all the media hype, but this is the woman we all need to see on Sundays. 

It's no coincidence the 4 teams throwing to WR's the most - TB (68.1%), ATL (67.6%), MIN (67.1%), and HOU (66.9%) also have OL's rated in the bottom 10 and all are in the top 10 of times sacked.  On the flip side, Luck threw to WR's only 53.3% of the time, had a top OL, and was sacked only 18 times, while attempting the 2nd most passes.

2018 sack taken leaders:

1. Deshaun Watson (65)

2. Dak Prescott (58)

3. Russell Wilson (52)

4. Derrick Carr (51)

5. Aaron Rodgers (49)

Wilson's line has improved.  Frederick is back for Dak.  Houston has gotten worse, sticking with Watson.

Users who are viewing this thread