What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Stubborn Person? (1 Viewer)

cubd8

Footballguy
I was talking with somebody the other day and we got to talking about personalities, common traits, etc ..

In your day to day interaction with family/friends/co-workers, if this applies to you:

Are you stubborn?

Why are you stubborn?

What triggers your stubbornness?

Why do I have to do to be right?

Why do I overthink things?

I think I’m more contrarian than stubborn...it’s not that my way is the best/only way, I just don’t wanna do it your way because...well, because 

I was talking with somebody the other day and we got to talking about personalities, common traits, etc ..

In your day to day interaction with family/friends/co-workers, if this applies to you:

Are you stubborn?
No.

Why are you stubborn?
I told you already -- I'm not stubborn.

What triggers your stubbornness?
I'm not stubborn!  Why do you keep saying this?  You're totally wrong.

Well, I am right and why should I pretend otherwise?

The answer to this question really depends on what you mean by "overthinking."  Websters defines it as "to think too much about something" but a closer inspection reveals that this superficial definition ignores important nuances and conceals more than it reveals . . . 

I'll deal w these two, because they are also at the base of the questions above them.

It's all down to lost food.

Before we had cerebral corteces, we were herd animals who were both hunters & prey (an unusual food-chain position which caused us to develop upper brains in the 1st place). Missed opportunities and mistakes not only meant empty bellies and extra risk, it had direct and severe impact on one's place in the hierarchy of their group.  That placement was directly related to how high on the hog one got to eat, whether one got any sumnsumn (8 out of 10 males in herds don'gitnone) and, ultimately, one's tenure in the herd. And, in those days, an ostracized one was soon a dead one.

With one's status at risk, no mate to rub your neck & eat your pests, there was little to do between hunts but cower & rehearse, with very little brain matter to do so. It's why, when you were young and your cerebral cortex not fully wired yet, your brain could literally outrace you at the bus stop or alone on your own. We eventually develop what Jung called The Shadow - a 1a version of oneself who does all the worrying & repetitive work functions and ends up as one's inner tormentor around the time we stop producing growth hormone. It's why we take everything personally and how we can stop taking everything personally. It's an autonomic function, no different than one's reflexes, hormone controls or other routine body processes but, because it's in your brain & your brain operates your personality, you think its you. We invented God and then video games to keep it distracted, but your Shadow actually develops crossover skills processing those kind of things and will gain even more torturous eminence over one later on as a result.

No, if anything I'm the opposite - too open-minded. My ears perk up when I hear something that doesn't align with my preconceived bias. Because then I want to learn the why. I may not agree with the why and revert back to the preconceived bias though.

I'll deal w these two, because they are also at the base of the questions above them.

It's all down to lost food.

Before we had cerebral corteces, we were herd animals who were both hunters & prey (an unusual food-chain position which caused us to develop upper brains in the 1st place). Missed opportunities and mistakes not only meant empty bellies and extra risk, it had direct and severe impact on one's place in the hierarchy of their group.  That placement was directly related to how high on the hog one got to eat, whether one got any sumnsumn (8 out of 10 males in herds don'gitnone) and, ultimately, one's tenure in the herd. And, in those days, an ostracized one was soon a dead one.

With one's status at risk, no mate to rub your neck & eat your pests, there was little to do between hunts but cower & rehearse, with very little brain matter to do so. It's why, when you were young and your cerebral cortex not fully wired yet, your brain could literally outrace you at the bus stop or alone on your own. We eventually develop what Jung called The Shadow - a 1a version of oneself who does all the worrying & repetitive work functions and ends up as one's inner tormentor around the time we stop producing growth hormone. It's why we take everything personally and how we can stop taking everything personally. It's an autonomic function, no different than one's reflexes, hormone controls or other routine body processes but, because it's in your brain & your brain operates your personality, you think its you. We invented God and then video games to keep it distracted, but your Shadow actually develops crossover skills processing those kind of things and will gain even more torturous eminence over one later on as a result.
No, no, no!

It's all because your diapers weren't changed regularly. 

- Freud

Freud's theories are great.........................................................................for me to poop on!
This has inspired me.

I am now going to develop and market an infant & adult diaper brand that is printed with Freud's theories on anal retentiveness.

It should be a hit on the psychoanalysis tour.

P.S. I'll send you a box. Maybe they will work better than your Depends.

Users who are viewing this thread