What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

So the Lightning have played the fewest games of anybody in the league so far, and everyone else in their division has at least 2 more games played. What is with the scheduling? They had a week off early in the year for no reason, then went to Sweden to play 2 games with at least 4 days break on both sides of the trip. Their opponent, the Sabres, were in action 2 nights later. I'm thoroughly confused.

So the Lightning have played the fewest games of anybody in the league so far, and everyone else in their division has at least 2 more games played. What is with the scheduling? They had a week off early in the year for no reason, then went to Sweden to play 2 games with at least 4 days break on both sides of the trip. Their opponent, the Sabres, were in action 2 nights later. I'm thoroughly confused.
Russians

It's been strange. The rangers had a goofy start to the season.  I think they had a week off after 1 or 2 games. The leafs seemingly play every 2 nights and have had tons of back to backs. Seems really unusual like the Olympic years.

Kal El said:
Huh? 

Second Sweden game was November 9th. Sabres next game was November 14th against Carolina. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Lightning are in the giving mood, apparently. Twice tonight they've tied the game against the Wild, immediately give up a goal both times. The first time was 30 seconds later, the second was 8 seconds after the goal.

Good ol boy Jumbo Joe just punching goalies. Hope that fella can finally win lord stanley this year.
I hope someday. Would be nice to have the cup come here to St. Thomas.

Fun fact: My mother dated Joe's father for a period of time when I was a little lad. 

@charlieo_conn: AV said he didn't think Konecny would go on the trip, so that means at least 3 games missed for TK, minimum. (Obviously, it's right to play it very safe with concussions, but still worth noting.)

:sadbanana:

@charlieo_conn: AV said he didn't think Konecny would go on the trip, so that means at least 3 games missed for TK, minimum. (Obviously, it's right to play it very safe with concussions, but still worth noting.)

:sadbanana:
didn't know he got concussed.   :sadbanana:

Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

Georgiev has been outstanding.  Rangers really really need to parlay this into a trade ASAP.  Honestly, I'd be willing to even more Shesterkin sight unseen if he'd fetch a higher return, but Georgiev is in my eyes NHL starting caliber and just 23.

Rangers are still very inconsistent, but all that youth is nice to build on.  I just have no idea what quinn's infatuation with bringing up guys like Nieves and rolling out Smith as a forward every night. When the Rangers are on the road, and their 4th line is paired against the other teams top line, it's always terrible.  Haley, McKegg, Smith, Nieves always getting ice time is bad news. I know coach wants a bit of grit out there, fine.  Roll out 1 of these guys each night, but put another guy out there that can skate and play, like Jesper Fast. 

How do the Panthers remain financially viable?   The arena looks empty (Tampa at Panthers game) on TV.
they basically survive on league revenue and opposing fans coming to weekend games. The gameday experience is very lowkey. Arena is across the highway from the Everglades.  Across the street on the other side of the arena is a mall/movie theater where you can park for free and walk across.

they basically survive on league revenue and opposing fans coming to weekend games. The gameday experience is very lowkey. Arena is across the highway from the Everglades.  Across the street on the other side of the arena is a mall/movie theater where you can park for free and walk across.
I was just getting ready to check the schedule, and see if Tpa played a Saturday game there. 

ETA 

Sad cause they're not a bad team..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just getting ready to check the schedule, and see if Tpa played a Saturday game there. 

ETA 

Sad cause they're not a bad team..
Their goalie stood on his head tonight, but Vasilevskiy was slightly better. Lightning beat their in-state rivals, 2-1.

I've been to that arena, it's fairly nice, but hard to get to.

I havent seen a minute of a Canucks game this year but decided to watch the first period of the leaves game.

Have to say quinn Hughes is a stud. I've been hearing that all year and saw for myself last night. The poise to go along with the skillset is amazing. Seemed to be on the ice the entire period too. What a player! 

falguy said:
I havent seen a minute of a Canucks game this year but decided to watch the first period of the leaves game.

Have to say quinn Hughes is a stud. I've been hearing that all year and saw for myself last night. The poise to go along with the skillset is amazing. Seemed to be on the ice the entire period too. What a player! 
That heads up play to push JT Miller forward to ruin TJ Oshies breakaway was the smartest play I have ever seen. 

Good thing Carter Hart showed up for the first period. Rest of Flyers look lost and are being badly outplayed. Could easily be 3-0 instead of 1-0 at first intermission. 

I've been thinking about Oskar Lindblom all night since the news broke. Torn up for the kid.

@NHLFlyers: We’re all fighting with @oskarlindblom. https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1205599966317752321/photo/1

@charlieo_conn: Lindblom is one of those guys who always seems to have a smile on his face. Obviously, he's turning himself into a great hockey player too, but that's besides the point. This is a good kid and it kills you to hear that he's going through this.

Some things are almost like clockwork. The sunrise, tides, the Lightning losing a home game on Saturday night in their ugly ### jerseys, some things can be counted on.

Side note, can Tampa find a successful rhythm and stick with it? The defense stinks, Vasilevskiy isn't consistent, I don't know what Cooper's thinking, but stuff has to change.

I've been thinking about Oskar Lindblom all night since the news broke. Torn up for the kid.

@NHLFlyers: We’re all fighting with @oskarlindblom. https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1205599966317752321/photo/1

@charlieo_conn: Lindblom is one of those guys who always seems to have a smile on his face. Obviously, he's turning himself into a great hockey player too, but that's besides the point. This is a good kid and it kills you to hear that he's going through this.
F'n Patrick Ewing

The Blues and Avs played one of the best games I’ve watched in a while tonight. The Avs are going to be so good for quite a few years. They forced the Blues to play much faster than normal and somehow they matched them for every step. The passing was on point all night. 

It’s weird to see the Blues on top of the standings because it just doesn’t feel like they’ve played consistently that great this season but they’ve kept games close and scratched out OT a lot. And it’s clear when they want to send a message, they can dial it up. Best two games of their season have been against the Avalanche.

Was looking at that T Hall deal... overall nice return I think for the Devils. No idea on the exact caliber of the prospects but the picks will be useful. Seems like a pretty good haul (pun intended) 

Users who are viewing this thread