What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Issues with Elizabeth Warren and Her Lies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to debate whether or not she’s a liar. If you think she is, and that makes you prefer another Dem in the primary, vote for your preference. 

But if she gets the nomination and you believe she’s a liar, you still have to compare her to Trump, who tells worse lies every day.

There are reasons to prefer Trump to Warren, but lying isn’t one of them. If you claim her supposed lies are even a small part of what cause you to prefer Trump, then you are a liar and/or a troll. 

Yup.  And despite that, garbage like this gets traction because people just can't avoid the pathetic bait.  

This forum should be discarded.  It's a cess pool of wasted thought and time.  
Looks like we're getting a glimpse into the future where "a lie is a lie" (or whichever transgression you want to pick) becomes the standard for those who did their best to make things as gray as possible for their "side".  It will be a time where "whataboutism" is claimed when it's really hypocrisy being pointed out....not of the politicians (that's a given anymore), rather those who support them.  It will be a time where we pretend lying about national security issues is on the same level as lying about a toothache.  It's going to be good times for sure.  

MAGA types worried about lies is cute.
I am not MAGA but concerned now that the bar is so low we will accept a lesser liar as moving the bar up a little.   I am with Pete, Warren seems too phony and Pete seems like the real deal.  Not counting Sleepy Joe out yet either if this Ukraine-son thingy blows over. 

MAGA types worried about lies is cute.
I am not MAGA but concerned now that the bar is so low we will accept a lesser liar as moving the bar up a little.   I am with Pete, Warren seems too phony and Pete seems like the real deal.  Not counting Sleepy Joe out yet either if this Ukraine-son thingy blows over. 
How many lesser lies from Pete are you willing to accept before you move on to the next candidate?

Looks like we're getting a glimpse into the future where "a lie is a lie" (or whichever transgression you want to pick) becomes the standard for those who did their best to make things as gray as possible for their "side".  It will be a time where "whataboutism" is claimed when it's really hypocrisy being pointed out....not of the politicians (that's a given anymore), rather those who support them.  It will be a time where we pretend lying about national security issues is on the same level as lying about a toothache.  It's going to be good times for sure.  
The whataboutisms for Trump are a deflection right now.  She's not running against Trump she's running against a half dozen to dozen other democrats.  People that do support her at this point are okay with her numerous lies and it has zero to do with Trump.  There are better candidates on the Democrat side support them.  Don't point the finger at Trump to justify your support of someone else

The whataboutisms for Trump are a deflection right now.  She's not running against Trump she's running against a half dozen to dozen other democrats.  People that do support her at this point are okay with her numerous lies and it has zero to do with Trump.  There are better candidates on the Democrat side support them.  Don't point the finger at Trump to justify your support of someone else
Link please

I thought I was pretty clear that I was talking about the future and what is absolutely coming.  Am I supposed to believe that the person who started this thread and the person who labeled her lies as "appalling" are being genuine in their concern here?  Am I supposed to take their comments seriously after the last three years of Trump defending and all his lies?  Sorry, that's a bit beyond the pale for me.  There's legit discussion that's happened in her thread discussing how her lies would/should impact her.  

Finally, I don't see a single post in here justifying her lying because Trump does.  There's a ton of posts regarding Trump supporters and their "concern" with her lying.  That's not whataboutism, that's pointing out hypocrisy.  As one who's said several times, including now that I am not a fan of Warren's lying about these stupid things, I agree with the sentiment that you brought up in an earlier post that people should be consistent.  That includes those feigning outrage over her lies all the while supporting Trump to the death.  

I thought I was pretty clear that I was talking about the future and what is absolutely coming.  Am I supposed to believe that the person who started this thread and the person who labeled her lies as "appalling" are being genuine in their concern here?  Am I supposed to take their comments seriously after the last three years of Trump defending and all his lies?  Sorry, that's a bit beyond the pale for me.  There's legit discussion that's happened in her thread discussing how her lies would/should impact her.  

Finally, I don't see a single post in here justifying her lying because Trump does.  There's a ton of posts regarding Trump supporters and their "concern" with her lying.  That's not whataboutism, that's pointing out hypocrisy.  As one who's said several times, including now that I am not a fan of Warren's lying about these stupid things, I agree with the sentiment that you brought up in an earlier post that people should be consistent.  That includes those feigning outrage over her lies all the while supporting Trump to the death.  
Ah, but they don't actually support Trump. they merely attack those who oppose him. And voted "Gary Johnson"

:goodposting:

I heard Elizabeth Warren said she had a wall put around her garden and got Mexico to pay for it! But last time I was at her house there wasn't any wall. What a liar!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was neither a lie nor a mistruth.

She never claimed to be full-blooded Native American.
It does look like Warren made more than a few mistakes lying about her heritage though.   Makes no sense as to why she would do that. 

To me it is not about Warren vs Trump.  It is Warren vs her Democratic opponents. And who I will vote for.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was neither a lie nor a mistruth.

She never claimed to be full-blooded Native American.
It does look like Warren made more than a few mistakes lying about her heritage though.   Makes no sense as to why she would do that. 
I think it's fair to say that Warren made more than a few mistakes regarding her heritage.

But I've yet to see an example of her telling a lie about it.

I think it's fair to say that Warren made more than a few mistakes regarding her heritage.

I think they proved the story of her parents having to elope because her paternal grandparents were racists wasn't true. 

I think they proved the story of her parents having to elope because her paternal grandparents were racists wasn't true. 
I agree that the story isn't true, but it's not really a lie to say "My parents told me that they had to elope."

As far as I'm concerned, Republicans will never have standing to complain about a candidate lying.  Ever. Again.  Their full support for the most blatant liar ever clearly demonstrates they don't really care about truth, so long as the lies are what they want to hear.

As far as I'm concerned, Republicans will never have standing to complain about a candidate lying.  Ever. Again.  Their full support for the most blatant liar ever clearly demonstrates they don't really care about truth, so long as the lies are what they want to hear.
At this point I kind of doubt they can handle the truth

I agree that the story isn't true, but it's not really a lie to say "My parents told me that they had to elope."
Exactly. Up until recently, I had always told people i was mostly German with some polish and Russian mixed in.  Because that is what had been passed down to us through family.  It wasnt until my brother in law (who is inti geneology) has finished his family and his wife’s (my wife’s sister) family that he worked some on mine and confirmed much of what i had been told.

people pass down stories. Not all are fully true and may contain hyperbole .

To quibble over that...when there is nothing really to show she tried gaining any advantage over it...while ignoring the big stuff  of others is ridiculous.

Exactly. Up until recently, I had always told people i was mostly German with some polish and Russian mixed in.  Because that is what had been passed down to us through family.  It wasnt until my brother in law (who is inti geneology) has finished his family and his wife’s (my wife’s sister) family that he worked some on mine and confirmed much of what i had been told.

people pass down stories. Not all are fully true and may contain hyperbole .

To quibble over that...when there is nothing really to show she tried gaining any advantage over it...while ignoring the big stuff  of others is ridiculous.
Did you check all those on a job application or a bar license?

:coffee:   Russian?  Interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread