What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Halloween chocolate candy (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Where do you have it?  Room temperature sitting out, in the fridge or in the freezer?

My wife prefers it sitting out.  I like certain things in the fridge and others in the freezer.  Solid chocolate, in the freezer.   Snickers and things like Kit Kats, in the fridge.

But the one we struggle the most over is M&M's.  I love them in the fridge.  She hates them chilled.  Likes them sitting out.  

I know everyone on this board is healthy and doesn't let chocolate violate their body.  And if they do, it's only with the finest German chocolate.  But what have you heard your poor friends do with their Halloween chocolate?

M&Ms are awful when refrigerated or frozen.  Terrible topping for ice cream because of that.

Mostly room temp, but around this time of year I tax the kids stash and throw a few of whatever in the freezer.  Frozen snickers, recees cups...all good.  But the ultimate is the Milky Way Midnight bars when frozen.  They didn't get any of those this year.

Time to head to Publix and pick up my own little bag of them.

M&Ms are awful when refrigerated or frozen.  Terrible topping for ice cream because of that.

Mostly room temp, but around this time of year I tax the kids stash and throw a few of whatever in the freezer.  Frozen snickers, recees cups...all good.  But the ultimate is the Milky Way Midnight bars when frozen.  They didn't get any of those this year.

Time to head to Publix and pick up my own little bag of them.
I might have to rethink my iFriendship with you, GB.  

Another vote for M&M's being at room temp.  

Some candy, however, is good refrigerated or even frozen.

M&Ms not good cold. Like eating pebbles. 

Milky Way, Twix, KitKat all good cold. Don't like Snickers cold or frozen. I'll just get the ice cream Snickers.

This reminds me - I can remember going to my Grandmothers house and she would always have two things that she loved to have - Snickers in the freezer and ice cold Cherry Coke.  It was like sugar coma because she would give me both.  Frozen Snickers are good but they really need to thaw some.  I would practically break my teeth eating it because I was too impatient to wait for it to soften a little.

This reminds me - I can remember going to my Grandmothers house and she would always have two things that she loved to have - Snickers in the freezer and ice cold Cherry Coke.  It was like sugar coma because she would give me both.  Frozen Snickers are good but they really need to thaw some.  I would practically break my teeth eating it because I was too impatient to wait for it to soften a little.
Yup.  That's why a Snickers goes in the fridge.  Frozen Snickers is no bueno.

TheIronSheik said:
Packaged?  Yes.  Wrapped?  No.  My wife has them out in a bowl sometimes too.  I'll take some and put them in the fridge.  Because I'm cool.  Like my M&M's.
OK FINE I OPEN THAT PACKAGES AND PUT THEM IN A BOWL....

I'd say your more tepid than cool

I put my Reese's pumpkins in the refrigerator humidifier section so long as there are no perishables in there. Other Reese's go in the main part of the fridge, or the wine chiller.   Almond Joy and Mounds go in the garbage bin. 

My wife empties larger bags of m&ms into a bowl, but not the little packages. They don’t touch the refrigerator. 

rockaction said:
Room temp, GB. M&M are hard-shelled, anyway. Freezing candy is how you break chiclets.  (Teeth, I mean.)
exactly. snapped off half a tooof biting into a Snickers which i didn't know was frozen years ago.

AAABatteries said:
My grandpa always had Dairy Queen Dilly Bars in the freezer and a bunch of those worlds finest chocolate bars in the refrigerator. Not sure if he bought a bunch or Grandma did on those candy bars)

I put my Reese's pumpkins in the refrigerator humidifier section so long as there are no perishables in there. Other Reese's go in the main part of the fridge, or the wine chiller.   Almond Joy and Mounds go in the garbage bin. 
My son went to the store and my wife called him to pickup candy - he came home with 3 bags - Reese's cups, Snickers and Almond Joy's.  2 out of 3 ain't bad but I was like "what the hell were you thinking???"

Users who are viewing this thread