What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just submitted MFL ticket for this (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I just submitted this ticket to MFL:

This is definitely a MFL glitch.  Teams should be able to revoke outstanding offers after our trade deadline.  I hate having to sign on as commish, set abilities, then revoke offers because they don't want to see pending offers and can't get rid of them.  I know they roll off after the new season starts (dynasty), but the software should allow revoking offers that cannot be processed after the trade deadline.

Has anyone else ever submitted the same ticket?  If yes, what was their response?

This has been how it works for years and it's why I always make sure to revoke or reject all offers as the deadline is about to hit. Our deadline isn't until TNF next week, but I always have this inconvenience in mind. First noticed it maybe five years ago, maybe longer. 

It is extremely dumb, I agree. Just unsightly to have to look at old sent or received offers you can't do anything about until after the Superbowl. But I wouldn't call it a "glitch" necessarily, as it's been this way for years. Not like MFL changes functionality that often, to be fair. They do the bare minimum to keep it working and looking like an early 2000's site. It works for our purposes but there's nothing particularly great or user-friendly about it aside from it's customizability. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been how it works for years and it's why I always make sure to revoke or reject all offers as the deadline is about to hit. Our deadline isn't until TNF next week, but I always have this inconvenience in mind. First noticed it maybe five years ago, maybe longer. 

It is extremely dumb, I agree. Just unsightly to have to look at old sent or received offers you can't do anything about until after the Superbowl. But I wouldn't call it a "glitch" necessarily, as it's been this way for years. Not like MFL changes functionality that often, to be fair. They do the bare minimum to keep it working and looking like an early 2000's site. It works for our purposes but there's nothing particularly great or user-friendly about it aside from it's customizability. 
I've known about it for years as well, but that doesn't mean it isn't a glitch.  As a software developer I can tell you this is laziness on MFL's part.  I know it's an easy fix too.  if(tradeTransaction == "Revoke") and I pseudo code, "let it happen" regardless whether it's past the deadline.

edited to add:  I like Phantom Knight's suggestion -  it should be settable (or simply AUTOMATIC) that MFL simply cancels any open trades as soon as the trade deadline passes

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted this request a few years ago...maybe 2013... I don’t recall the specifics of the response but it was something like “a future update” consideration.  The current software was unable to support this change.

I reentered a couple of MFL leagues after not having been on MFL for a bunch of years.  I had forgotten how unuserfriendly it is.  It's super annoying that it only shows the next week's opponent for players on the waiver wire.  So I have to individually pull up each schedule of each player to see who they are going to play in the following week.  Another thing that is annoying is they use yardage instead of fantasy points given up for opponent rank.  So I have to do an individual search for each player to look that up.  When you combine these two searches, it's ends up taking an hour or longer to do a proper waiver wire search on MFL that would only take a couple of minutes on a better organized site.  Often times I've forgotten most of what I looked up by the time I've finished doing the searches.

their add/drop system is a pain.IMO

Better yet, it should be settable (or simply AUTOMATIC) that MFL simply cancels any open trades as soon as the trade deadline passes.  No action by the commish or individual owners should be necessary.  Like you, as a former programmer, I know this is a very trivial patch.
I like your patch.

Users who are viewing this thread