Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insein

Cowboys vs Bears - TNF - Week 14 - FF Playoffs

Can anyone explain WTF Aikman's babbling about on Cooper on that 3rd down play? Cooper wasn't open whatsoever.

I don't watch much football anymore but is his analysis always this terrible?

6 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Cowboys are falling apart on the sidelines. 

Similar to on the field? This is brutal, you have to be loving this. 

Just now, Joe Summer said:

Aikman - "Amari Cooper just must not be bright"

Could have sworn he said that as I was listening and not watching.

I was like, "sure?"

8 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Can anyone explain WTF Aikman's babbling about on Cooper on that 3rd down play? Cooper wasn't open whatsoever.

I don't watch much football anymore but is his analysis always this terrible?

It's pretty atricious these days.

In the immortal words used by some angry and musically transgressed-upon Glaswegian, watching his favorite band Mogwai, while the crowd and music got really quiet and pretty.

YA USED TO BE BETTAH!

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

I've been around a long time.  Dallas fan since I was 9 or 10.  The last SB was when I was in grad school.

This is the most embarrassing Cowboys game I've ever seen, in part because it's just an absolute joke relative to the team's talent on both sides of the ball.  Garrett has to be fired tomorrow, no later.

Another thing - the Cowboys need to change their defensive scheme so that when their WLB gets hurt, the entire defense doesn't just automatically collapse.  For years this would happen at the time of Lee's annual injury.  Now, after losing LVE, the defense might as well not even be taking the field.  Making Trubisky - Trubisky!!!!!!!!!! - look like a Hall of Famer. 

Edited by Aerial Assault
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My cable just went out.  Not even mad.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Similar to on the field? This is brutal, you have to be loving this. 

I'm pretty indifferent on the Cowboys, but it's great to finally have a game to enjoy as a Bears fan. 

• Like 1

Aikman essentially just said everyone should be fired

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm fine with former players and other people lamenting a loss or a broader fall of their favorite team, but Troy Aikman is just a little too much tonight. He might cry or explode at any moment, depending.

He just ripped the OC and the DC saying they had no business being interim. Moore, I can see because he's so new. But it's still an unwarranted shot. 

2 minutes ago, joffer said:

Aikman essentially just said everyone should be fired

Starting with Aikman.

• Laughing 1

This is Step 1 for the 3-9 Washington Redskins to make the playoffs. Dallas will of course have to lose the rest of their games but it looks like they're cashing it in already. No reason they can't continue to lose to Philly, Rams and then a showdown with the Skins. 

-Dallas will now be a 72% chance to Win their division after they lose tonight to the Chicago Bears. 

-In contrast the Chicago Bears are a 3% chance to make the playoffs entering tonight's game, it won't change that much. 

• Like 1

Nice. Cowboys getting embarrassed and destroyed on national TV again, and they already covered my over Gallup yards receiving and Jarwin yds receiving. Well done Dallas!!

Something has to be wrong with Troy. Maybe early onset dementia.  He's freaking crazy 

Edited by flapgreen
  • Sad 2

Troy: "Mike, I'm glad they did away with the blind side block"

Troy on the blind side block on Austin "I didn't see anything there"

:lmao: Troy's analysis is the only reason I'm still watching. Guy sounds punch drunk

• Laughing 1

That's fine. Played off and let Cowboys use up the clock. 

4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

This is Step 1 for the 3-9 Washington Redskins to make the playoffs. Dallas will of course have to lose the rest of their games but it looks like they're cashing it in already. No reason they can't continue to lose to Philly, Rams and then a showdown with the Skins. 

-Dallas will now be a 72% chance to Win their division after they lose tonight to the Chicago Bears. 

-In contrast the Chicago Bears are a 3% chance to make the playoffs entering tonight's game, it won't change that much. 

I propose a rule change.

If a team wins a division with a losing record, a 3rd wildcard team takes their spot in the playoffs.

I can't believe we will be forced to watch one of these NFC east teams get destroyed week 1 playoffs.

16 minutes ago, Aerial Assault said:

I've been around a long time.  Dallas fan since I was 9 or 10.  The last SB was when I was in grad school.

This is the most embarrassing Cowboys game I've ever seen, in part because it's just an absolute joke relative to the team's talent on both sides of the ball.  Garrett has to be fired tomorrow, no later.

Another thing - the Cowboys need to change their defensive scheme so that when their WLB gets hurt, the entire defense doesn't just automatically collapse.  For years this would happen at the time of Lee's annual injury.  Now, after losing LVE, the defense might as well not even be taking the field.  Making Trubisky - Trubisky!!!!!!!!!! - look like a Hall of Famer. 

The Jets blowing them out was much worse.....I mean wow....that was bad.

Edited by Todem

Does Montgomery ever try to just hit a hole and go? 

Right? Dancing the night away. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Just now, 3nOut said:

I'm liking these TE plays.

Two nobody's getting more catches and yards then an over-priced FA and a second round pick could manage!

• Like 1

No

3 minutes ago, Todem said:

Yeah, you're right.  I actually couldn't watch that one live and destroyed all DVR record of it after I heard about the result, so I didn't see it and thus didn't have it in mind.   On edit, not a blowout tho. 

Edited by Aerial Assault

2 minutes ago, Todem said:

The Jets barely hung on for that win. The Cowboys couldn't convert the two pt. conversion, and NY won. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Totally overrated. 

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

No

There has to be a hole to hit... just sayin'

Just now, Aerial Assault said:

Yeah, you're right.  I actually couldn't watch that one live and destroyed all DVR record of it after I heard about the result, so I didn't see it and thus didn't have it in mind. 

He's not fully right, you're not to blame for your subsequent actions. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

The Jets barely hung on for that win. The Cowboys couldn't convert the two pt. conversion, and NY won. 

??

Montgomery definitely took himself out, limping after what sounded and looked head-to-head, actually.

3 minutes ago, Aerial Assault said:

Yeah, you're right.  I actually couldn't watch that one live and destroyed all DVR record of it after I heard about the result, so I didn't see it and thus didn't have it in mind.   On edit, not a blowout tho. 

Yeah your right. It was 21-6 at the half though.....they got their clocked cleaned in the first half and made it more of a game in the second half.....but they were pure crap in that game. Losing to that two bit side show for a team. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Just now, baymen said:

??

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=dallas+ny+jets#sie=m;/g/11h6s17y6r;6;/m/059yj;tb2;fp;1;;

Did I do this wrong?

Seriously let me know. This is what I remember and remember leaving for part of the day because I thought Dallas would wipe them out so badly. 

Please mute Troy's mic or give the rest of the night off. 

Guy is repeating himself over and over. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrantK said:

There has to be a hole to hit... just sayin'

He spins and jukes too much. 

Just now, rockaction said:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=dallas+ny+jets#sie=m;/g/11h6s17y6r;6;/m/059yj;tb2;fp;1;;

Did I do this wrong?

Seriously let me know. This is what I remember and remember leaving for part of the day because I thought Dallas would wipe them out so badly. 

No you are right.  Conflated the raiders with cowboys added with some DIPA's my bad

why do they keep focusing on the Dallas offense. I think the questioning should come a bit on the vaunted defense giving up 31 points to Trubisky

Just now, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Please mute Troy's mic or give the rest of the night off. 

Guy is repeating himself over and over. :lol: 

I'm kind of bummed the game is almost over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baymen said:

No you are right.  Conflated the raiders with cowboys added with some DIPA's my bad

Ah, they all blur, don't they? I genuinely thought I might have it wrong, but I remember watching the second half of the second half. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1